27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Back to the Cummings affair. Havent we move on from this? 

Those papers who reported Cummings was in Durham on 19th April from a source who then actually said he lied about seeing him. So much for checking the story out. 

Here the story about the witness who lied about seeing Cummings on 19th April. 

https://mol.im/a/8372911

He does appear to be a man who suffered mental health issues over the years from reports. But from reports He wanted to join ISIS and he was on MI5 watchlist aswell. 

No one has said he was working in conjunction with any other known terrorist groups tho have they? 

My point being that you are somewhat hypocritical about it! 

When it suits your agenda the papers should be seen as knowledgeable and have a deeper insight, when it doesn't suit your insight you point out their falibilities. You can't have it both ways.

If you keep on being hypocritical about whether things are valid or not and changing your mind as suits, then it's no wonder people keep pulling you up on it. 

A few examples:

- polls and the majority are important, eg Brexit and party approval ratings, unless they suggest that people.havent understood a government slogan or think Cummings was naughty.

- People have biases and agendas apart from when it makes the government look good. And the cabinet certainly don't have any biases. 

- past history of lying and poor behaviour means we shouldn't listen to Piers Morgan and undermines people's opinions, unless you are the PM in which case it doesn't matter. 

And those are just the ones off the top of my head that I can remember from your posts! 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

My point being that you are somewhat hypocritical about it! 

When it suits your agenda the papers should be seen as knowledgeable and have a deeper insight, when it doesn't suit your insight you point out their falibilities. You can't have it both ways.

The papers who published the Cummings story that he was in London on 19th April were wrong. Their source lied. As their source told the Daily Mail. Days later. 

The Cummings's affair has gone now. No Police charges. People have more important issues to focus on. 

Is the Daily Mail story that he was terrorist wrong? Nope he was MI5 watch list. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The papers who published the Cummings story that he was in London on 19th April were wrong. Their source lied. As their source told the Daily Mail. Days later. 

The Cummings's affair has gone now. No Police charges. People have more important issues to focus on. 

Is the Daily Mail story that he was terrorist wrong? Nope he was MI5 watch list. 

And the papers also got a lot right about the Cummings affair too didn't they? 

Btw agree it was shocking to make up that detail and it doesn't help them whatsoever. That said there were also a few things they said that were right. 

Also it's a bit naughty to focus on just those papers, (as well.as just the falsehood) because all papers condemned Cummings behaviour yet all their authority was questioned by you. 

I note you ignore the examples of hypocrisy, which I think may be your best bet in this case. Like the government the strategy seems to be ignore it and hope everyone moves on.

The new strategic interventions jointly announced by the Department for International Trade (DIT) and Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) will offer immediate support to help businesses in the agriculture, food and drink industry to grow their trade activity overseas.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bounce-back-plan-for-agriculture-food-and-drink-industry-launched?utm-source=twitter&utm-medium=organicsocial&utm-content=80dd3bd0-01fe-4098-8550-6dc851ad2a7c

In 2019 the UK exported £2.4bn of food and drink to the US, £312m to Japan, £453m to Australia and £58m to New Zealand. And support around 4 million jobs in these sectors.  

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

And the papers also got a lot right about the Cummings affair too didn't they? 

Yes they did. But some newspapers reported stories that was not true and they didnt double check their source's info which is wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

because all papers condemned Cummings behaviour yet all their authority was questioned by you. 

Yes they did. A majority of people disapproved of Cummings's actions which is fair enough. I understood his action somewhat and I cant say I wouldn't have done the same tbh in that situation. His drive to test his eyesight was stupid and irresponsible. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And MI5 couldn't find any reason to do anything about him. Nutters are notoriously hard to get a handle on. 

As Blueblood says, you concentrate on the bit of the Cummings behaviour that wasnt true and ignore that the guy drove from London to the North East to stay at a home that wasnt his first home when the country was supposed to be in lockdown and people were being fined for going out in their cars to go for a walk where theyd meet nobody else, and he then went for a jaunt from his second home to a town some distance away. Neither journey was essential travel and none of it was disputed. He broke the rules he himself drew up and then came up with lies and paper thin excuses at a press conference he should not have been allowed to hold and there was no one word of apology or contrition from him. Why should anybody feel he doesn't deserve punishment? Why should anyone think he deserves to keep his job? He wrote the rules and then broke them with breathtaking arrogance. Move on? I think not.

Edited by gumboots

Sadly the people of Reading have joined the people in Manchester in paying the ultimate price at the hands of an evil fanatic from Libya. It's a national disgrace that there has been no Inquiry into the actions that were taken before, during and after Britain intervened in Libya. The intelligence services and the government have a lot of questions to answer and the media who were shamelessly cheering on these fanatics during the coup in Libya should be asking them, but I won't hold my breath. 

15 minutes ago, gumboots said:

And MI5 couldn't find any reason to do anything about him. Nutters are notoriously hard to get a handle on. 

As Blueblood says, you concentrate on the bit of the Cummings behaviour that wasnt true and ignore that the guy drove from London to the North East to stay at a home that wasnt his first home when the country was supposed to be in lockdown and people were being fined for going out in their cars to go for a walk where theyd meet nobody else, and he then went for a jaunt from his second home to a town some distance away. Neither journey was essential travel and none of it was disputed. He broke the rules he himself drew up and then came up with lies and paper thin excuses at a press conference he should not have been allowed to hold and there was no one word of apology or contrition from him. Why should anybody feel he doesn't deserve punishment? Why should anyone think he deserves to keep his job? He wrote the rules and then broke them with breathtaking arrogance. Move on? I think not.

I would be asking serious questions of all the parties of MI5, Prison service, etc how he was allowed out of prison at the time he was 16 days ago.

Did you miss my post recently when I said he was irresponsible and stupid for driving to test his eye sighted.

I am going over the reasons for the trip as we have been over this previously and I don't keep re posting the same argument.

The police have investigated and no charges were brought against him.

whether he should keep his job is down to the person who employed him.

Move on? Of course we should in my opinion as there is much more important issues to focus on in the UK which I have listed previously.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be asking serious questions of all the parties of MI5, Prison service, etc how he was allowed out of prison at the time he was 16 days ago.

Did you miss my post recently when I said he was irresponsible and stupid for driving to test his eye sighted.

I am going over the reasons for the trip as we have been over this previously and I don't keep re posting the same argument.

The police have investigated and no charges were brought against him.

whether he should keep his job is down to the person who employed him.

Move on? Of course we should in my opinion as there is much more important issues to focus on in the UK which I have listed previously.

Not mutually exclusive. I can want to think about other things and still harbour very nasty thoughts towards Cummings

I mentioned Cummings more as an example of double standards then wanting to reignite the debate. That said when the alternatives are move on of condemn - such terrible logic, why is it either or? - I can see how we enter that rabbit hole! I'm wanting to do another rant about how moving on is a shoddy alternative to condemning but since the last one was ignored, what's the point? 

4 hours ago, gumboots said:

No we havent moved on from Cummings because hes still living the life of Riley, running our country whilst being unelected and unaccountable, and it might not matter to you that this person is the power behind the most incompetent government I can remember in my long life, but it still matters to me and to most people who think about things and dont follow the Mail and the Express view of the country and the world.

I think there's a spelling mistake in the first sentence, shouldn't that say " ruining " and not running ?

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Back to the Cummings affair. Havent we move on from this? 

Those papers who reported Cummings was in Durham on 19th April from a source who then actually said he lied about seeing him. So much for checking the story out. 

Here the story about the witness who lied about seeing Cummings on 19th April. 

https://mol.im/a/8372911

He does appear to be a man who suffered mental health issues over the years from reports. But from reports He wanted to join ISIS and he was on MI5 watchlist aswell. 

No one has said he was working in conjunction with any other known terrorist groups tho have they? 

Given the sexual orientation of the blokes killed it could just as easily been a homophobic attack. Obviously the guy wasn't dealing with a full deck.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His drive to test his eyesight was stupid and irresponsible.

What you don't get or totally ignore is that nobody believes this load of rubbish but you.

Eye test? Really?

33 minutes ago, philipl said:

Jenrick looks to be in heaps of trouble.

A corruption scandal as well..

By the way, where has that Russian asset PM hidden the Russia Report?

It's at the bottom of the same pile the report into Islamophobia in the Tory party is in. I haven't forgotten !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's at the bottom of the same the same pile the report into Islamophobia in the Tory paper is in. I haven't forgotten !

Talking on which, the Tory islamophobia watchdog inquiry has been dropped because the Tories are doing their own investigation.

I wonder how that's going to turn out?

£100,000 per speech to hear the thoughts of a failed, racist prime minister who was behind the Windrush scandal. It's inconceivable anyone should pay that. 

I wouldn't cross the road to listen to her.