3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Talking on which, the Tory islamophobia watchdog inquiry has been dropped because the Tories are doing their own investigation.

I wonder how that's going to turn out?

Favourably?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Who the hell looks at her and thinks "great public speaker, very charasmatic we should book her"?!? That's like booking Kate and Gerry McCann to child safeguarding lecture. 

Sorry, I don't find that reference funny.

Just looked at PMQs.

Johnson not yet twigged Starmer is using Government's own statistics.

Johnson looks like a student debater who never grew up.

He doesn't just look like it. He is. Growing up is wrong though, he has probably regressed from his student days.

It's as plain as the nose on your face. Jenrick did Desmond, a friend of the Tory party,  a £45 million  favour by expediting the development. The fact that he later back tracked doesn't alter the fact the he saved his pal Desmond a hell of a lot of dosh. Then the miser only donates £12,000 to the Tory party. What a cheapskate.

I thought Boris had his best PMQ's on Wednesday and he was still beaten by Kier.

You could tell Boris had been practising, he was a bit more direct and on guard than in recent weeks.

Makes for good viewing. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I thought Boris had his best PMQ's on Wednesday and he was still beaten by Kier.

You could tell Boris had been practising, he was a bit more direct and on guard than in recent weeks.

Makes for good viewing. 

I think starmer looks like the guy in charge and boris is like the naughty school kid who's not done his homework. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's as plain as the nose on your face. Jenrick did Desmond, a friend of the Tory party,  a £45 million  favour by expediting the development. The fact that he later back tracked doesn't alter the fact the he saved his pal Desmond a hell of a lot of dosh. Then the miser only donates £12,000 to the Tory party. What a cheapskate.

He only backtracked when he realised a court case was inevitable and all the emails, letters and txts between him and Desmond would be subpoenaed.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Corruption, pure and simple. 

t feels a bit like the years leading up to 1997. A government in freefall. Tory sleaze. And the opposition with a strong leader on the warpath. 

In a normal functioning democracy, Jenrick would be sacked. Will prime minister Cummings do it?

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

t feels a bit like the years leading up to 1997. A government in freefall. Tory sleaze. And the opposition with a strong leader on the warpath. 

In a normal functioning democracy, Jenrick would be sacked. Will prime minister Cummings do it?

In years gone by he would have definitely had to resign. PC Plod might have taken a closer look at the affair back in the day. This lot have absolutely no shame or scruples.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In years gone by he would have definitely had to resign. PC Plod might have taken a closer look at the affair back in the day. This lot have absolutely no shame or scruples.

What's with the "he's still got questions to answer bit"?

More like "he hasn't a leg to stand on".

Faced with a choice---£45M to be spent on the health facilities and homes for the neediest in the poorest Borough in London or more profit for a billionaire developer, he chose the latter. No money for a "Marxist Council."

If he's not sacked or forced to resign we have reached yet another new low in public life.

33 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No. Morals, accountancy and doing the right thing went out when vote leave won the referendum. Lieing and appealing to people’s base instincts won the day then and for this particular group of scoundrels it’s seen as the way to get what they want.

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He has played a part in effectively swindling up to £50m by pushing the application forward to be passed the day before a new levy was coming in. How central government and local authorities could do with that now.

How on earth is that not corrupt and criminal. But for the Tories it's business as usual like nothing has happened.

Johnson lies every time at PMQs and if you delve into his past at school, university and his career he has lied throughout his life. It is second nature to him. If a liar can be elected to No 10, then a corrupt housing minister is unlikely to lose his job. The Tory party is corrupt, the government is corrupt, the system is corrupt. 

I don't think johnson would have been unaware of what he was doing and I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt actively involved so itd be difficult to then turn round and sack him. I'd like to see starmer push bojo on this at next PMQs 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Starmer sacked Long Bailey after she tweets praise for interview with left-wing Shameless actress Maxing Peake including 'antisemitic conspiracy theory' 

https://mol.im/a/8459887

Yes interesting - especially since Labour supporters on here keep telling us anti-semitism in their party is exaggerated by the media.

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes interesting - especially since Labour supporters on here keep telling us anti-semitism in their party is exaggerated by the media.

I’d recommend reading the full story, without jumping on the whole thing without context because it’s something you want to believe.

One line in an interview with an actress a politician has shared does not an anti Semite make.

16 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I'm surprised he put her in his shadow cabinet in the 1st place cos of her ties to Corbyn and McDonnell.