Jump to content

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm surprised he put her in his shadow cabinet in the 1st place cos of her ties to Corbyn and McDonnell. 

Shes obviously made a mistake here chaddy, i don't believe for one minute shes anti-semetic, but in todays Labour party everyone needs to be beyond reproach and Rebecca has paid the price here.

As for links to Corbyn and McDonnell, that doesn't matter one bit, shes an extremely good MP and should work at the level shes suited to and thats in the shadow cabinet.

PS - Having read the story again, this is an anti-semetic conspiracy theory that shes shared, so she probably is anti-semetic, she should be thrown out of the party if found guilty. 

Edited by Gav
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Good use of money? 

we used British Suppliers to do the paint job so more money into the British economy. 

I'm just surprise we never done it before tbh. 

The plane isnt just for UK PM but will continue to be used by royal family and refuelling aircrafts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Shes obviously made a mistake here chaddy, i don't believe for one minute shes anti-semetic, but in todays Labour party everyone needs to be beyond reproach and Rebecca has paid the price here.

As for links to Corbyn and McDonnell, that doesn't matter one bit, shes an extremely good MP and should work at the level shes suited to and thats in the shadow cabinet.

 

Have you seen McDonnell statement standing up for her?  I only heard what Sky News reported about the letter. 

Why post any sort of comment to that article. Daft tbh. 

 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not in the Long-Bailey fan club by any means but I think Starmer has made a mistake he'll live to regret by sacking her. Equating criticism of police training methods with anti-semitism is stretching things a very, very long way. Are we not allowed to criticise any aspect of Israeli policies ? The left of the party have given Starmer the benefit of the doubt so far, I think that has just been severely dented.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, philipl said:

That flag looks upside down to me- not that I spend hours staring at the Union Jack.

I can't be bothered with the " Mail " so I can't see the photo. Wide white band to the top on the flag pole side. I can tell you how I know that.

It was our job to put the flag up at one place I worked at. The Royal Navy came to inspect a job one day and we managed to get the flag up the wrong way . The MD, who was an alcoholic, came around after his liquid lunch and fired all four us in the maintenance for getting it wrong ! His manager whispered " Just go home for the afternoon lads, he'll have forgotten all about it in the morning, come in then as normal ".

He had.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not in the Long-Bailey fan club by any means but I think Starmer has made a mistake he'll live to regret by sacking her. Equating criticism of police training methods with anti-semitism is stretching things a very, very long way. Are we not allowed to criticise any aspect of Israeli policies ? The left of the party have given Starmer the benefit of the doubt so far, I think that has just been severely dented.

At the same time could sticking by her not be seen as more of the same, starmer not tackling anti-semitism and therefore dent the rebuilding effort he's got to do. 

I've paid very little attention to the anti-semitism debate and have no idea what's in this tweet but if the party is trying to shake this anti-semitism image surely the top tier should just steer clear of this type of thing regardless? Whether or not she had a valid point, at this time I think labour should steer clear of that particular debate else it's just giving opposition chance to sling mud and it doesnt take much to create a headline, misleading or otherwise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoverDom said:

At the same time could sticking by her not be seen as more of the same, starmer not tackling anti-semitism and therefore dent the rebuilding effort he's got to do. 

I've paid very little attention to the anti-semitism debate and have no idea what's in this tweet but if the party is trying to shake this anti-semitism image surely the top tier should just steer clear of this type of thing regardless? Whether or not she had a valid point, at this time I think labour should steer clear of that particular debate else it's just giving opposition chance to sling mud and it doesnt take much to create a headline, misleading or otherwise. 

So what you're saying is we are allowed criticise the policies and behavior of every country on the planet bar one. That country is exceptional in being above and beyond any censure no matter how trivial. They must be loving that in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

I’d recommend reading the full story, without jumping on the whole thing without context because it’s something you want to believe.

One line in an interview with an actress a politician has shared does not an anti Semite make.

So why fire her then ? Are Labour being plunged into civil war ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Are we not allowed to criticise any aspect of Israeli policies ?

I think it was established many years ago that the answer to that in this country is no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So why fire her then ? Are Labour being plunged into civil war ?

I’ve no idea, you’d have to ask Keir Starmer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They just had that moron Neil Coyle MP on the radio calling for people of the stature of Maxine Peake and Long Bailey to be expelled from the party ! The guy is an idiot. At the next election he'll be canvassing on his own if he's not careful. The tail is wagging the dog at the moment on this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gav said:

Swift and decisive, everything that Corbyns tenure lacked.

 

Yeah smart move. Just when the Tories are on the ropes lets magnify a storm in a tea cup into a row to give them a breather. I wonder what story will be front page news tomorrow ?  More on the Jenrick corruption story or Labour row splits party blah, blah, blah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
37 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

No - ask the likes of John McDonnell, Richard Burgon and Owen Jones who are tearing in to this.

I don’t even want to ask anyone to be honest, that was your thing.

You crack on though, by all means. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Other Labour MP's have stood up for her. McDonnell and Burgon will always stand up for her. Not a surprise it is? 

Says the guy who thought the whole carbinate standing up for Cummings was out of pure motives. Can spot bias in Labour but not conservatives. 

Blooming stupid to post the article and make this an issue really. It's not what labour need when the Tories are floundering and takes the pressure off a bit. Can see why Starmer took a zero tolerance approach - he kind of has to in order to tackle the reputation the party has. 

All a bit odd really, not at all condoning anti semitism, and it really needs to be stamped out, but it is amazing the differing levels of scrutiny the 2 main parties come under. We've heard relatively little on the Islamaphobia investigation by Tories, and their leader lies like a rug but doesn't get the same level of bad press. Very odd. 

That said I think it's clear Labour does have an issue with this stuff and it fully needs to be tackled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah smart move. Just when the Tories are on the ropes lets magnify a storm in a tea cup into a row to give them a breather. I wonder what story will be front page news tomorrow ?  More on the Jenrick corruption story or Labour row splits party blah, blah, blah.

You do yourself no favours TS saying anti-semitism is a 'storm in a teacup' and its some sort of Tory conspiracy. 

Its exactly the same stance the Labour party have taken during Corbyns tenure and look where that got them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What was anti-Semitic in Maxine peake’s tweet? I don’t know whether the US police learnt their tactics from the Israelis of not. But  that’s irrelevant anyway. The issue here is the shutting down of any criticism of the Israeli state in the name of “anti-semitism”.

All this is doing is distracting from the real political scandal, namely the corruption in this Tory government, why Jenrick has not been sacked and Johnson’s unbelievable statement today supporting him

Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: RLB, I think it's a knee-jerk reaction from Starmer and she's been made a convenient, lefty, sacrificial lamb.

BUT I think the pros may outweigh the cons, and it could be a fantasticbit of spin in the eyes of the wider electorate and 'lost Labour' voters.

Yes it's an obvious political move, but it makes Starmer look good to those who bought the 'antisemitism' line, he looks decisive and ruthless. It may just force Conservative hands (or make them look weak) next time a Tory MP does similar, and gives Starmer an obvious example of showing he's willing to sack where necessary while Johnson isn't.

I'm not happy RLB is out, I rather like her, but I understand it from Starmer's perspective and can see some tactical benefit.

However, it COULD lose a significant portion of Labour's socialist vote in Scotland and Wales to the SNP and PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

What was anti-Semitic in Maxine peake’s tweet? I don’t know whether the US police learnt their tactics from the Israelis of not. But  that’s irrelevant anyway. The issue here is the shutting down of any criticism of the Israeli state in the name of “anti-semitism”.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-us-police-training-end-knee-neck-protests

Sadly now any criticism of Israel is branded by the Mainstream Media as anti-Semitic and it has lead to good people such as Mark Wadsworth, Jackie Walker, Chris Williamson and Ken Livingstone being thrown out of the Labour party on trumped up charges. I can remember when in the Labour party you had honest and principled MPs such as Tony Benn, George Galloway and Gerald Kauffman who would speak out against Israel's crimes and for Palestinian rights. In a matter of days Israel will begin annexing the west bank yet I have not heard one uttering from a Labour MP about it including the human rights lawyer that leads them. All though I should not be surprised as the Starmer Labour party does not seem to have an opinion on anything. 

 

Edited by Ewood Ace
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.