• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

Can we not just blame USA for that one?

No us, the French and the Yanks were the chief architects of it. In fact it was more us and the French than the Yanks. Who can forget Cameron and Sarkozy parading around Tripoli. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

It's not illegal to sail between Britain and France. Port or no port. BY LAW, you can clandestinely enter the UK to claim asylum precisely because we don't provide a way to claim asylum from elsewhere.

In rubber dinghy is danger. Do it the proper channels available not in a dangerous crossing..

It is something does need looking in more detail about having proper channels to claim asylum in UK. Anyone crossing the channel illegal in a dinghy or small over crowd boat should be sent back straight away

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

No us, the French and the Yanks were the chief architects of it. In fact it was more us and the French than the Yanks. Who can forget Cameron and Sarkozy parading around Tripoli. 

Fair enough.

You seem pretty passionate about our interference in other countries.

Did you watch Once Upon a Time in Iraq? (BBC,  on Iplayer).

Just finished it. Great documentary. Brought back some home truths.

Was impactful hearing it from the Iraqi people themselves,  particularly some that were children back then, and adults now.

Highly recommend. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

BBC is looking into axing from this year's Proms finale in three weeks' time both Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory. 

The BBC is getting this wrong again. These songs are great songs and is what our great country is about. Its an absolute tragic that the BBC is even discussing axing them. 

Here are the 2 songs in the Last night of proms 2009. Thousands of British people signing along to them with passion and pride 

https://youtu.be/vpEWpK_Dl7M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB5Nbp_gmgQ

Got the wrong one Chaddy.

This is now it was done properly in the Olympics year- the last time Britain was Great

Malta shows how its done with Joseph Calleja...

Edited by philipl
1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Wonder if you'd say that if you lived in France?

well sadly I live here this side of the Channel. B)

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

Got the wrong one Chaddy.

No Philipl. 

2009 last night of proms was great one and a night I remember with my nan

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

the last time Britain was Great

Britain is great right now but its people like yourself who want to your home country down at every opportunity

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

well sadly I live here this side of the Channel. 

But if you did live in France would you feel the same way? 

I'm just trying to establish if you are genuinely worried about their wellbeing during the crossing & would have not problem with an influx of asylum seekers if they entered the way you say. Or if truth is you just don't want asylum seekers coming to your country. Given your sarcastic answer previous I know what I would put my money on.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

In rubber dinghy is danger. Do it the proper channels available not in a dangerous crossing..

It is something does need looking in more detail about having proper channels to claim asylum in UK. Anyone crossing the channel illegal in a dinghy or small over crowd boat should be sent back straight away

It's. Not. Illegal.

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

But if you did live in France would you feel the same way? 

I'm just trying to establish if you are genuinely worried about their wellbeing during the crossing & would have not problem with an influx of asylum seekers if they entered the way you say. Or if truth is you just don't want asylum seekers coming to your country. Given your sarcastic answer previous I know what I would put my money on.

trying to crossing the English Channel in rubber dinghy is dangerous and to be honest stupid considering how busy those shipping lanes are and how chopping those waters are from past experiences of myself. 

I have no problem with genuine asylum seekers coming to the UK but do in proper and safe way. Not on small over crowded boats or rubber dinghies which is extreme dangerous

Edited by chaddyrovers
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

trying to crossing the English Channel in rubber dinghy is dangerous and to be honest stupid considering how busy those shipping lanes are and how chopping those waters are from past experiences of myself. 

I have no problem with genuine asylum seekers coming to the UK but do in proper and safe way. Not on small over crowded boats or rubber dinghies which is extreme dangerous

So how desperate do you think these people are, that they choose to cross in this way, rather than a 'proper and safe way' (whatever that is)?

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

This just displays a lack of empathy.

What makes you think a 'genuine asylum seeker' (ie: desperate) would only use a 'proper and safe way', but only an economic migrant (not desperate) would sail 20 miles of the busiest shipping lane in the world in a rubber dinghy?

It's backwards thinking. It's like believing billionaires need more money than the homeless.

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Shouldn't be on rubber dinghies illegally across the Channel but come to the UK through a port or airport and make their claim properly to Border force officer. Here is how you come to Britain and how to claim for Asylum properly https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum

Yes such a pity they couldn't fly in, preferably First Class---you get a better type of asylum-seeker that way.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The BBC has said that 2 British patriotic songs of Rule Britannia and land of hope and glory will be part of last night of proms this year

https://news.sky.com/story/bbc-proms-organisers-confirm-patriotic-songs-will-stay-after-report-they-could-be-dropped-12055942

The lyrics won't be sung, good compromise imo.

Edit- turns out the tunes were never being dropped. They are just dropping the sung lyrics as a Covid-19 measure. Just been announced on R4.

Edited by Mike E
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

trying to crossing the English Channel in rubber dinghy is dangerous and to be honest stupid considering how busy those shipping lanes are and how chopping those waters are from past experiences of myself

So if they've got more than half way would you still turn them round? 

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

This just displays a lack of empathy.

What makes you think a 'genuine asylum seeker' (ie: desperate) would only use a 'proper and safe way', but only an economic migrant (not desperate) would sail 20 miles of the busiest shipping lane in the world in a rubber dinghy?

It's backwards thinking. It's like believing billionaires need more money than the homeless.

If they are already in the EU and in France which people claim is so great and EU is the best thing since slice bread then why do they Asylum seekers or Migrants want to come to the UK?

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

So if they've got more than half way would you still turn them round? 

yes

2 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You need to completely change your perspective.

Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is? 

They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is living homeless on the streets of France or chancing it in the back of a lorry (which is hardly safer). 

They're desperate in ways that, thankfully, very few of us will ever be able to relate to so try to avoid judging whether they are being stupid or not.

I’d suggest sticking to complaints about the BBC not playing your favourite songs at the Proms instead.

if they are already in the France or the EU then why not claim asylum in that country instead of travelling hundreds and thousands to reach the UK including a very dangerous sea crossing? 

If the EU is so great as so many claim on here then why do they want to come here?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

f the EU is so great as so many claim on here then why do they want to come here?

because they don't know any better? because the French police are knocking 6 bells out of them?

Its not because they studied relativism between the EU countries and Britain is it?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If they are already in the EU and in France which people claim is so great and EU is the best thing since slice bread then why do they Asylum seekers or Migrants want to come to the UK?

yes

if they are already in the France or the EU then why not claim asylum in that country instead of travelling hundreds and thousands to reach the UK including a very dangerous sea crossing? 

If the EU is so great as so many claim on here then why do they want to come here?

The French asylum system is less accommodating than the UK’s. Many migrants also have family ties in the UK or believe that the UK will offer a better quality of life.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

yes

Because parts of the asylum claim include family ties and languages spoken.

DESPITE THAT the vast majority of refugees do settle elsewhere. Of 80m refugees last year, we took around 20,000.

'Why do they want to come here?'

They don't want to, get it in your head. They don't WANT to. They're desperate.

Try a thought exercise: If we got bombed to buggery tomorrow, where would you claim asylum first? If they turned you down, where next? If they turned you down, where next? Etc etc. 

Edited by Mike E