Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Politics


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I always thought the HS2 project should have been the proposed northern west to east part first, then Brum to London. Now we'll have the current white elephant, and any improvements for the north will be dropped as it will cost £40 trillion. 

I've been saying that for years. Do Liverpool-Hull first. Tie in branch lines and the northern economy will fly.

To paraphrase a Viz letter I once read; instead of building HS2 why don't people from Birmingham schedule their meetings in London for 10 minutes later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Over budget again. The biggest waste of money in this countries history.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54538639

We used to have a saying in the engineering industry when you came across a project that was ridiculously expensive - " It's good for the trade " . Meaning plenty of people were going to fill their boots because of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just caught up with PMQ’s, it’s the first time Starmer has really gone for Johnson.

I particular liked the line where he told Johnson ‘You’ve been an opportunist all your life’ :D

The gloves are well and truly off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Furious Bolton council leader demands apology from Keir Starmer over PMQs circuit breaker claim. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/furious-bolton-council-leader-demands-19102438.amp

Also Hyndburn MP Sara Britcliffe raise a point of order in the House of Commons about it

https://youtu.be/Wo5oLHNJYKc

 

 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just caught up with PMQ’s, it’s the first time Starmer has really gone for Johnson.

I particular liked the line where he told Johnson ‘You’ve been an opportunist all your life’ :D

The gloves are well and truly off.

 

Havent caught with PMQ's yet. Will watch it on my dinner during the night. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Furious Bolton council leader demands apology from Keir Starmer over PMQs circuit breaker claim. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/furious-bolton-council-leader-demands-19102438.amp

Also Hyndburn MP Sara Britcliffe raise a point of order in the House of Commons about it

https://youtu.be/Wo5oLHNJYKc

 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54539798?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/localnews/2646327-hyde/10&link_location=live-reporting-story

 

He put his name to a statement calling for it. Article updated about 5pm to state that he doesnt support it, after a roasting from the powers at be I imagine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Furious Bolton council leader demands apology from Keir Starmer over PMQs circuit breaker claim. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/furious-bolton-council-leader-demands-19102438.amp

Also Hyndburn MP Sara Britcliffe raise a point of order in the House of Commons about it

https://youtu.be/Wo5oLHNJYKc

 

 

Do I take it that you support Starmers call for Johnson to follow the science and move to a circuit breaker Chaddy? Following the science was always your fall back position.

Or have you moved away from that because it’s Starmer saying it and not Johnson?

Edited by den
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, den said:

Do I take it that you support Starmers call for Johnson to follow the science and move to a circuit breaker Chaddy? Following the science was always your fall back position.

Or have you moved away from that because it’s Starmer saying it and not Johnson?

Always cited Chris Whitty as the scientific expert whose advice the government was following and challenged anyone who disagreed with Whitty.

You won't get a reply to that question Den as I think you know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I've been saying that for years. Do Liverpool-Hull first. Tie in branch lines and the northern economy will fly.

To paraphrase a Viz letter I once read; instead of building HS2 why don't people from Birmingham schedule their meetings in London for 10 minutes later.

Why did they start at the southern end rather than at the northern end? Evening up with no additional costs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Furious Bolton council leader demands apology from Keir Starmer over PMQs circuit breaker claim. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/furious-bolton-council-leader-demands-19102438.amp

Also Hyndburn MP Sara Britcliffe raise a point of order in the House of Commons about it

https://youtu.be/Wo5oLHNJYKc

 

 

It’s just more deflection from the shambolic job the government is doing. As Rover Dom highlights above, he put his name to a statement calling for it initially.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, den said:

Do I take it that you support Starmers call for Johnson to follow the science and move to a circuit breaker Chaddy? Following the science was always your fall back position.

Or have you moved away from that because it’s Starmer saying it and not Johnson?

Our economy cant afford to be shutdown without costing more jobs and businesses. Businesses closing down, people being or made redundant. 

We have to learn to live the virus now. And protect the NHS and people in care homes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our economy cant afford to be shutdown without costing more jobs and businesses. Businesses closing down, people being or made redundant. 

We have to learn to live the virus now. And protect the NHS and people in care homes. 

So stuff Chris Whitty then?

Was the man to listen to but we've "moved on"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our economy cant afford to be shutdown without costing more jobs and businesses. Businesses closing down, people being or made redundant. 

We have to learn to live the virus now. And protect the NHS and people in care homes. 

You spent months backing SAGE Chaddy, you wouldn’t even accept independant SAGE’s opinions. The SAGE scientists were the ultimate leaders in anti coronavirus strategy. It had to be Valance and Whitty, no one else were good enough.
 

Everything they said, you backed - and now you’ve changed your mind, because Johnson has changed his mind and because it’s Starmer saying it.
 

Im trying to think of a word for those kind of debating principles. Pathetic isn’t the right word.
 

 

 

Edited by den
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our economy cant afford to be shutdown without costing more jobs and businesses. Businesses closing down, people being or made redundant. 

We have to learn to live the virus now. And protect the NHS and people in care homes. 

A healthy economy needs healthy people.

People shut down their own economic activity if they don't feel safe.

It is not conclusive but there is evidence a short sharp lock down is less harmful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, den said:

You spent months backing SAGE Chaddy, you wouldn’t even accept independant SAGE’s opinions. The SAGE scientists were the ultimate leaders in anti coronavirus strategy. It had to be Valance and Whitty, no one else were good enough.
 

Everything they said, you backed - and now you’ve changed your mind, because Johnson has changed his mind and because it’s Starmer saying it.
 

Im trying to think of a word for those kind of debating principles. Pathetic isn’t the right word.
 

 

 

Yes Whitty and Vallance was right about the 1st lockdown and they advice is valid and necessary now. But even Whitty said last week you have balance Health and the economy in his press conference with PM Johnson and Chancellor Sunak. But people financial situation will be massive problem if we have another major lockdown. People wages, jobs, businesses closing down for ever, mortgages. Whilst you have to protect the elderly and most vulnerable people in society in this health pandemic. It's a fine balancing act. 

Furlough protected alot of jobs as it was designed too. But there has been companies who have to make redundancies due to sales of their manufacturing products isnt there anymore after government advice for office staff to work from home for example. My old company I used to work has cut it work force by 20%(around 300 redundancies in total over the furlough period on 2 different occasions), merge departments and jobs roles, etc. People still have mortgages, bills to pay and family/household at the end of the day. Some people who I have work with there have found better jobs and some are struggling to find work right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, philipl said:

A healthy economy needs healthy people.

People shut down their own economic activity if they don't feel safe.

 

Yes very true that's why online sales are increasing as the ONS figures show from March onwards. 

That's why there is plenty of jobs in warehouse, driving and distribution sectors in the UK. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes very true that's why online sales are increasing as the ONS figures show from March onwards. 

That's why there is plenty of jobs in warehouse, driving and distribution sectors in the UK. 

 Zero hours contracts, low wages, low skills, poor working practices, non-unionised and no protection. Good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.