BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Politics

59 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail.

Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

Thanks mate. I have him on ignore so only see his diatribe when somebody quotes him but I could pretty much have guessed what his response would be to be fair.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't it the parents responsible to feed them? Yes some parents do need extra financial help and that's why we seen Increase in welfare payments have happened to help less well off families. Those payments will keep increasing aswell

But there is also issues that need tackling this problem like this one

1. Making mum and dad pay child maintenance after all they are parent to this child at the end of the day. So they need to take responsibility for the actions? Take two people to tango in the end. Do you agree? 

2. Also when school vouchers were provided to a number of parents were using them to buy alcohol or computer consoles with them during lockdown restrictions? Was that for children or themselves? I've been told of this from several different sources. Surely this is wrong and should be stop? 

3. Also given parents better training with cooking lessons as some parents do not know how to cook unless it is something done in microwave or hot water for pot noodles or super noodles. Do you agree? 

4. Reducing teenage pregnancies and give better information to them to schools with career advice, financial advice, etc. Do you agree?

1. Yes, I agree that all parents should contribute financially to the upbringing of their children. But what happens if they can't or won't, do you just let the poor little mite go hungry? Yes or no.

2. As with any welfare benefit scheme, there will be those that abuse it. Anyone caught doing so should be punished. Does this mean that the whole system should be scrapped or even not introduced in the first place? Yes or no?

3. A laudable aim, I don't think anyone would disagree with it. Do you think this will prevent childhood hunger? Yes or no?

4. Another laudable aim. But even if it worked its too late for those already born. Should they go hungry? Yes or no?

Edited by oldjamfan1

13 hours ago, Mike E said:

Absolutely fucking apoplectic with Sara Britcliffe MP tonight. Not only has she voted for children to go hungry in the school holidays (her constituency is one the most deprived in the UK), she can't be bothered to justify it herself.

Instead, she copy/pastes a limp-wristed excuse from Ben Bradley.

She's 24 and on £80k, how can she possibly represent a deprived constituency?

How the hell have we got 4 more years of this little twerp?

She strikes me as a spoiled little girl who would cry if she didn't get her own way. 

Is she one of Boris' love children?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't it the parents responsible to feed them?

Yes absolutely and I agree with the sentiment that you shouldnt bring a child into this world if you dont have the capacity to give them a half decent upbringing. That said many people find themselves in a bad situation that they couldn't have foreseen, after say, a global pandemic meant they didnt have an income. People for whatever reason find themselves in financial distress. 

Whilst we debate whether mummy shouldn't have got knocked up at 15 if she didn't have two pence to her name, there is a child going hungry and having a terrible start to life. 

You recently lost your job and were lucky enough to walk straight into another. Theres plenty that arent that lucky, imagine you couldn't get another job and after a few months of no income you were struggling to feed your family. How would you feel if some multi-millionaire MP told you "your kids your problem"?

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't it the parents responsible to feed them? Yes some parents do need extra financial help and that's why we seen Increase in welfare payments have happened to help less well off families. Those payments will keep increasing aswell

1. Making mum and dad pay child maintenance after all they are parent to this child at the end of the day. So they need to take responsibility for the actions? Take two people to tango in the end. Do you agree? 

2. Also when school vouchers were provided to a number of parents were using them to buy alcohol or computer consoles with them during lockdown restrictions? Was that for children or themselves? I've been told of this from several different sources. Surely this is wrong and should be stop? 

3. Also given parents better training with cooking lessons as some parents do not know how to cook unless it is something done in microwave or hot water for pot noodles or super noodles. Do you agree? 

4. Reducing teenage pregnancies and give better information to them to schools with career advice, financial advice, etc. Do you agree?

Some good suggestions in here but here's some other thoughts to help tackle it: 

1).Get rid of zero hour contracts and mass temporary contracts (less rights for workers). 

2).Properly even out school funding for those in more deprived areas. Any bull about investing in schools is just that - ask any head teacher working in these areas. Proper and adequate funding for deprived areas may make the education gap less. 

3) Sort out universal credit and the benefit system so people aren't in limbo for weeks on end. 

4) Sort out tax evasion by companies and make companies pay fair amount of tax. School of thought but that would cover any pesky people not being able to feed their families. 

5)And this is a key one, which I think you have missed, investigate why so many people are using food banks, even those with jobs. Why is this the case? This suggests there are some deeper systemic problems rather than parents just shirking responsibility for feeding their children. 

25 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Yes absolutely and I agree with the sentiment that you shouldnt bring a child into this world if you dont have the capacity to give them a half decent upbringing. That said many people find themselves in a bad situation that they couldn't have foreseen, after say, a global pandemic meant they didnt have an income. People for whatever reason find themselves in financial distress. 

Whilst we debate whether mummy shouldn't have got knocked up at 15 if she didn't have two pence to her name, there is a child going hungry and having a terrible start to life. 

You recently lost your job and were lucky enough to walk straight into another. Theres plenty that arent that lucky, imagine you couldn't get another job and after a few months of no income you were struggling to feed your family. How would you feel if some multi-millionaire MP told you "your kids your problem"?

Reply likely to be but I didn’t Dom I got a job and I’m fine . Empathy ? Never heard of her 

51 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

1. Yes, I agree that all parents should contribute financially to the upbringing of their children. But what happens if they can't or won't, do you just let the poor little mite go hungry? Yes or no.

2. As with any welfare benefit scheme, there will be those that abuse it. Anyone caught doing so should be punished. Does this mean that the whole system should be scrapped or even not introduced in the first place? Yes or no?

3. A laudable aim, I don't think anyone would disagree with it. Do you think this will prevent childhood hunger? Yes or no?

4. Another laudable aim. But even if it worked its too late for those already born. Should they go hungry? Yes or no?

My point was these should be long terms aim of reducing of this problem. 

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

She strikes me as a spoiled little girl who would cry if she didn't get her own way. 

Is she one of Boris' love children?

If you actually looked into her past you will find that she lost her mother in to mental health issues and alcohol at the age of 9 so was raise buy her father since then. 

34 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

1. Yes absolutely and I agree with the sentiment that you shouldnt bring a child into this world if you dont have the capacity to give them a half decent upbringing. That said many people find themselves in a bad situation that they couldn't have foreseen, after say, a global pandemic meant they didnt have an income. People for whatever reason find themselves in financial distress. 

2. You recently lost your job and were lucky enough to walk straight into another. Theres plenty that arent that lucky, imagine you couldn't get another job and after a few months of no income you were struggling to feed your family. How would you feel if some multi-millionaire MP told you "your kids your problem"?

1. That's why we have the welfare system in place and extra billions going into years on years.. 

2. Yes I did get a new job asap. But there is plenty of jobs out there. It might not be the best job in the world or the career path many want or would like to do but a job is money. My job isnt what I want to be doing when I left college but it has allowed to enjoying buying a house through a Mortgage, enjoyed some amazing holidays, enjoyed a good social life/nightouts/weekends away in my early 20's around the UK whilst doing Rovers away days. Life is what you make ot it. I wonder how many people actually go and do their career path/job they want to do at School

30 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Dont mention Chaddys kids.

Another sly dig of yours again. No surprise. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

And yet he claims to watch and follow every debate far more than most of us would claim to. I can understand people having different views. I can't understand people being so dogmatic that they can't even allow others to think differently

That's bonus of parliament tv channel.and internet service. You watch it and catch up.with it 24 hours a day. 

They even show live debates in the commons on there. 

Maybe watch a full day of debate and what MP's say? Why not? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

About all that is missing from this post is the call to send kids off out to the workhouse and up chimneys.

Edited by Ewood Ace

How your local MP voted:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/18814183.child-poverty-debate-east-lancashire-mps-voted-marcus-rashfords-free-school-meal-campaign/

Hang your heads in shame Lancashire Tory MP’s, absolutely disgusting.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/child-poverty-devastating-lancashire-having-18142327

In one part of Accrington surrounding Bullough Park, a shocking 77% of children are estimated to be living in poverty - the worst in the county’

Edited by Gav

I remember as a youngster having the kind of "we shouldnt be paying for chavs to have babies, they'll just spend it on drugs, it's their problem" type views. It's some thing I grew out of. It appears some people dont. I can understand where the resentment comes from but it's not right. 

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I remember as a youngster having the kind of "we shouldnt be paying for chavs to have babies, they'll just spend it on drugs, it's their problem" type views. It's some thing I grew out of. It appears some people dont. I can understand where the resentment comes from but it's not right. 

I was like that as a teenager , with quite a tribal binary outlook on politics .... but you  grow up don’t you