Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The problem is Chaddy is that people shouldn't have to be reliant on that extra £20

Strip it all aside and the underlying cause of this is poor wages and a lack of affordable child care. Wages need to start rising in line with living costs at an absolute minimum. 

A lack of affordable child care is problem. 

What the cost of sending a child to nursery full time? Around £200 to 250 a week? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A lack of affordable child care is problem. 

What the cost of sending a child to nursery full time? Around £200 to 250 a week? 

Its one of many problems and you're deflecting again. so what's the solution in your view?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A lack of affordable child care is problem. 

What the cost of sending a child to nursery full time? Around £200 to 250 a week? 

Your beloved party and its red wall MPs love to invoke the spectre of "feckless" parents in order to justify their political policy of repressing wages so dramatically that millions of kids in working households are growing up in poverty.

The facts are that 72 per cent of kids living below the poverty line have at least one parent who works

https://cpag.org.uk/child-poverty/child-poverty-facts-and-figures

The only people to blame for working parents not having enough to provide for their kids are the exploitative employers paying poverty wages (like your job) backed up by a Tory government that has been in power for over a decade now. 

Any comment Chaddy?

Of course you won't, because you're clueless.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's a fair point. Friday treat night

If they can't afford food during the week how are the going to afford a Friday night treat? Now where did you put the keys for the JCB?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

 

B9004DFA-2DF9-4A19-8F80-59AEC57E6FD8.jpeg

And the cooking is very good.

Of course it is silver service also.

Quite honestly I don't have a problem with Parliamentarians being well catered and provided for so long they aren't out of touch evil callous arseholes (aka most Tories) using their power and status to inflict untold misery on people they have zero interaction with and even less regard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, philipl said:

And the cooking is very good.

Of course it is silver service also.

Quite honestly I don't have a problem with Parliamentarians being well catered and provided for so long they aren't out of touch evil callous arseholes (aka most Tories) using their power and status to inflict untold misery on people they have zero interaction with and even less regard.

Silver  service too ? The menu is rather old fashioned and out of touch* , you can imagine bocusse style chefs hats and whites 
 

* perfect for the clientele 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philipl said:

And the cooking is very good.

Of course it is silver service also.

Quite honestly I don't have a problem with Parliamentarians being well catered and provided for so long they aren't out of touch evil callous arseholes (aka most Tories) using their power and status to inflict untold misery on people they have zero interaction with and even less regard.

Double standards when the meals are subsidised with their salaries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Presumably that's what people like. Personally I wouldn't touch any kind of pannacotta with a barge pole but the rest doesn't seem bad to me and I'm fairly open to new tastes. 

It is what my dad would call a two Bob snob menu , presumably you see enough in Clitheroe.  They think they are exotic and exciting but in truth despite financial wealth they haven’t lived much of a life . 
a good panna cotta is a thing of beauty but it’s very rare 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gumboots said:

We're not posh in Clitheroe. Pie and peas is relished here. There are one or two decent restaurants but not as many as you might think.  

Oh I know , I know Newton v well .  However there is a certain crowd drawn to Clitheroe by night from experience who like to talk loudly about trips to marbs , Dubai and other such culture black holes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gumboots said:

We're not posh in Clitheroe. Pie and peas is relished here. There are one or two decent restaurants but not as many as you might think.  

Lunch at the Apricot Meringue-----Yum!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that this supposed 63 million pounds ring fenced for councils that Boris and his cronies have been raving about on TV over the last few days HAD to be spent by October 2nd!! So once again lying to the public!

Chaddy, thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

It is what my dad would call a two Bob snob menu , presumably you see enough in Clitheroe.  They think they are exotic and exciting but in truth despite financial wealth they haven’t lived much of a life . 
a good panna cotta is a thing of beauty but it’s very rare 

I don't like Panna Cotta either. My wife usually gets a couple of them from M&S at Xmas but I don't go near them. Not my style of sweet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem people don't realise about benefits:

Universal credit was introduced and deliberately set at a low level to act as an incentive to get people into work or increase the number of hours worked.

Before the pandemic UC would be sanctioned if claimants weren’t, in the opinion of the claimant advisor, seeking work hard enough. I know one couple who were sanctioned because only one of them turned up on time. Circumstances: Stuck in a traffic jam after someone walked in front of a lorry. One of the couple legged it to the job centre, the other stayed with the car. 'Not good enough', they were BOTH sanctioned as a result. There are people on this site who agree with this sort of BS.

These types of sanction were put on hold at the start of the pandemic (they’re now back) and £20 added to the weekly award. This was reported as an acknowledgement of how people wouldn’t be able to survive on the payment if they didn’t, but it’s temporary.

New claimants still have to wait five weeks for their first payment, whilst a loan can be given this puts families in debt from day one.

Meanwhile legacy benefits weren’t given the same £20 uplfit. Many people on legacy benefits - Job seekers allowance, Employment Support Allowance. This anomaly is raised regularly with DWP ministers and always glossed over. Many on ESA are disabled, and have children.

I don’t think anyone in Government understands anything about having to live on benefits, as a lot of their constituents are about to learn. It’s a safety net with large holes in that lands perilously close to the floor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

The problem people don't realise about benefits:

Universal credit was introduced and deliberately set at a low level to act as an incentive to get people into work or increase the number of hours worked.

Before the pandemic UC would be sanctioned if claimants weren’t, in the opinion of the claimant advisor, seeking work hard enough. I know one couple who were sanctioned because only one of them turned up on time. Circumstances: Stuck in a traffic jam after someone walked in front of a lorry. One of the couple legged it to the job centre, the other stayed with the car. 'Not good enough', they were BOTH sanctioned as a result. There are people on this site who agree with this sort of BS.

These types of sanction were put on hold at the start of the pandemic (they’re now back) and £20 added to the weekly award. This was reported as an acknowledgement of how people wouldn’t be able to survive on the payment if they didn’t, but it’s temporary.

New claimants still have to wait five weeks for their first payment, whilst a loan can be given this puts families in debt from day one.

Meanwhile legacy benefits weren’t given the same £20 uplfit. Many people on legacy benefits - Job seekers allowance, Employment Support Allowance. This anomaly is raised regularly with DWP ministers and always glossed over. Many on ESA are disabled, and have children.

I don’t think anyone in Government understands anything about having to live on benefits, as a lot of their constituents are about to learn. It’s a safety net with large holes in that lands perilously close to the floor.

Ah my special round on mastermind .... you are spot on with what you say and at the tip of a massive iceberg 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

don’t think anyone in Government understands anything about having to live on benefits, as a lot of their constituents are about to learn. It’s a safety net with large holes in that lands perilously close to the floor.

I remember at the start of this matt Hancock openly admitting he couldn't live off statutory sick pay and the smug bastard said it almost with a smirk on his face. They either dont understand or dont care. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I remember at the start of this matt Hancock openly admitting he couldn't live off statutory sick pay and the smug bastard said it almost with a smirk on his face. They either dont understand or dont care. 

Marr Hancock heads a ball exactly how you would expect matt Hancock to head a football 

BC0D63E9-D102-45FB-8101-DFB7B362DC80.jpeg

D036AE9A-2313-49E0-B419-A2042899603A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Marr Hancock heads a ball exactly how you would expect matt Hancock to head a football 

BC0D63E9-D102-45FB-8101-DFB7B362DC80.jpeg

 

Typical, brand new boots and no idea. I had a team mate who was a good player on the ground but headed the ball with his arms up by his head. He was a walking penalty award.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 200 Airports likely top go bust across Europe in the next six months. 

The largest one at risk is Heathrow.

18 months ago Heathrow placed a £1 billion bond issue to protect itself against the damage of Brexit.

Covid has taken all that money and more and the end of the transition period has yet to come.

Watch out for a forced re-nationalisation of Airports across the UK next Spring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Typical, brand new boots and no idea. I had a team mate who was a good player on the ground but headed the ball with his arms up by his head. He was a walking penalty award.

Looks like a mouse with a piece of cheese!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.