• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

I see Priti Patel has been found guilty of breaking the ministerial code. In any half decent administration she would already have resigned or been sacked. Oh well...........

I struggle to see how you could be bullied by her tbh.

The report has been on Johnsons desk for three months. 
Tory MP’s gathering behind her tonight and attacking the civil service, who the report says should look at their behaviour. I don’t see how the conduct of employees or ability to do the job as required by a boss, can give any justification for bullying, but that’s the defence coming from MP’s and party members.

The one absolute no no guaranteeing of getting sacked is bullying in every entity employing people I have dealt with for the last 40 years.

Once you allow one incident of bullying, it in effect condones it and bullying can become endemic.

8 hours ago, RoverDom said:

I struggle to see how you could be bullied by her tbh.

Well employees in three ministries say they have been. She's a serial offender.

Suppose you want/need to keep your job? You could hardly answer back even if you were being publicly humiliated.

Its all about abuse of power.

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well employees in three ministries say they have been. She's a serial offender.

Suppose you want/need to keep your job? You could hardly answer back even if you were being publicly humiliated.

Its all about abuse of power.

Oh I dont doubt the findings of the report or trying to prove her innocence in anyway. 

I just couldn't picture being intimidated by her in anyway or taking any of her verbal comments seriously. Threatening you with your job, I'd let her sack me and have her for unfair dismissal. Which I guess is kind of what this guy did when he went for constructive dismissal. 

I guess my point is I can totally believe she would be an entitled brat of a boss with no respect in the work place but  I dont think I'd lose any sleep over it. 

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Bullying is out of order but we do now live in an era where it's easier than ever to claim it.

I'd be interested to see what she is actually being accused of in fine detail 

The public sector is full of people who make a career out of claiming against the employer, backed by the unions, knowing full well that the employer probably won't take them to court, they'll just pay out, job done.

Its absolutely sickening, 6 months pay for being useless at your job and its all across the public sector from cleaners to doctors...

Just now, Gav said:

The public sector is full of people who make a career out of claiming against the employer, backed by the unions, knowing full well that the employer probably won't take them to court, they'll just pay out, job done.

Its absolutely sickening, 6 months pay for being useless at your job and its all across the public sector from cleaners to doctors...

Good points made. 

I wont be joining any trade union

Just now, Gav said:

Totally agree with this. 

My spot is so so big on employee welfare and respect at work that it's gone far too far the other way. Carrot and stick needed to run an organisation and now we're just all carrot and people still moan and moan. Theres people who basically arent doing their job under the guise of 'personal needs'. 

In a previous role I used to be able to have sight of all the grievances ongoing as whistleblowing went through my boss and he was far too lazy to do his own admin, my god there were people that were taking the piss. Someone took us to tribunal for not paying for him to do a PHD, it later emerged he had plans to move to Australia and needed funds to get there. 

I knew a teacher who went off ill with stress. Fair enough but then she came back for the minimum of time before going off on maternity leave, returned to teaching after her years leave but almost immediately went off again with stress and immediately got pregnant again so returned only for long enough to get her next paid maternity leave. In 4 years she worked a matter of a couple of months. 

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Bullying is out of order but we do now live in an era where it's easier than ever to claim it.

I'd be interested to see what she is actually being accused of in fine detail 

You would if Boris agreed to release the full report!

34 minutes ago, Gav said:

And there speaks a Tory with no evidence to back up his / her prejudices.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Pedant alert! It's TOE the line, as in put your toe against it, not tow as in pull it. Sorry!

You're correct of course gumboots, but as you know language does evolve over time and this is one of those bastardisations that is so commonly used that it will find its way into an 'official' dictionary at some point. 

There are abuses of the system. We've all come across one like Gumboots mentioned but she definitely is an exception.

In the case of Pritti Patel, an employee who had worked all night on some urgent project was greeted next morning with abuse from Patel, not gratitude.

She collapsed and was taken to hospital. Patel has form and has apparently been found guilty of bullying. Difference with her----she won't be disciplined for it. The head of her Dept has not rorted the system, he has refused money and is going to the tribunal to show her up. Good luck to him.

Let's not get rid of the system, let's sort out the rorters.

Just now, 47er said:

The head of her Dept has not rorted the system, he has refused money and is going to the tribunal to show her up. Good luck to him.

Good on him i say. 

I think most cases should end up in a tribunal. If it's a genuine case it'll show up the offender and get justice, if it's a case like gav mentioned itll be chucked out. The only time a settlement should be offered and taken is if a company genuinely knows theyve done wrong and want to genuinely remedy the situation. Far too often they're offered to keep the person quiet or because the company cant be bothered fighting it. 

Just now, RoverDom said:

I'm not and wont be in a union and I'm in a well paid job.

Well, good for you.

3 Brownie points

Fact is, many people, particularly those working in large organisations, need and benefit from trade unions to negotiate better pay and working conditions and protection and insurance policy against unfair and unscrupulous employers. 

I've been a union member for many years and would recommend anyone to join.