1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with providing parents the food instead of vouchers in some cases like lack of transport, etc but parents will know their children likes and dislikes in food so not ideal in every circumstances. If 30 pounds isnt spend by the company then it should return to the government. 

Also not much there for 10 days like 1 tomato or 1 frube. No meat to with this pasta or pasta sauce. Or sandwiches or wraps if the child prefer a light lunch. You need provide different foods daily as they will bored of the same food every day or have different like and dislike to other children so need a range of different food and drinks is need if you are going to provide food for parents. 

Arent Frubes at asda sold in pack for 9 for 1 to 2 pounds in my experience. Or a massive pack of pasta for couple of pounds. Or some fresh chicken and bacon then they can Chicken and Bacon tomato pasta bake. Or a can of tuna to have Jacket potato with Tuna for lunch. 

A box of 15 capri sun drinks is 3.50 pounds at most supermarkets. 

You don't quite get wrong to the words the government are wrong in this. Even when disagreeing with then you can't use those words. 

Of course there is no mention of the non-tender process or the fact their mates got the contract. Corruption doesn't exist eh? 

Whoops forgot repost needed because being pulled up on the government leads to being ignored. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with providing parents the food instead of vouchers in some cases like lack of transport, etc but parents will know their children likes and dislikes in food so not ideal in every circumstances. If 30 pounds isnt spend by the company then it should return to the government. 

Also not much there for 10 days like 1 tomato or 1 frube. No meat to with this pasta or pasta sauce. Or sandwiches or wraps if the child prefer a light lunch. You need provide different foods daily as they will bored of the same food every day or have different like and dislike to other children so need a range of different food and drinks is need if you are going to provide food for parents. 

Arent Frubes at asda sold in pack for 9 for 1 to 2 pounds in my experience. Or a massive pack of pasta for couple of pounds. Or some fresh chicken and bacon then they can Chicken and Bacon tomato pasta bake. Or a can of tuna to have Jacket potato with Tuna for lunch. 

A box of 15 capri sun drinks is 3.50 pounds at most supermarkets. 

The point is that £3 per meal per child is what the Government claim is spent on children's lunches. Hence £30 over 10 days.

ALL of that £30 should be spent on those lunches or given to the family for 2 reasons:

1. We're in a pandemic, it's an easy tick in the 'we care' column.

2. If it were money (preferably vouchers as last time) given to families, it gets spent. Money getting spent is how you turn the economy round.

The money 'going back into the Government' is also a broken promise, which is £30 SPENT on children's lunches.

That 1p of that goes to any middle-man company of any sort (even one delivering the food) is immoral.

Edited by Mike E

Any cost of outsourcing the provision of school meals, for packing or otherwise, should be at the expense of the govt and not the children. 

If it costs them 25 quid to pack a hamper then the government should pay 55 quid. If they are happy to do that then it shows they are stupid beyond belief. 

It is disgusting, no two ways about it. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with providing parents the food instead of vouchers

Trust you to disagree with virtually every expert.  Vouchers are best for loads of reasons....

1. You might already have bread, etc.

2 You might have gluten intolerant children 

3. Your child might be diabetic so you need to buy certain foods..

4. We dont have issues like the chartwells situation

5. Your kids might not like the food provided... 

Is there any benefit to giving food hampers really when it's open to this type of gerrymandering??

Edited by Sparks Rover

Come on, play fair. You purposefully cropped that to completely change the context of his post, just to get a dig in. 

"I agree with providing parents the food instead of vouchers in some cases like lack of transport, etc but parents will know their children likes and dislikes in food so not ideal in every circumstances."

Edited by RoverDom
On 10/01/2021 at 22:44, chaddyrovers said:

The deltapoll was done for Daily Mirror. Data might be 2 weeks but still relevant. Sample size was just over 1,600 adults. Plus the poll was done just after Brexit was delivered 

The Conservatives has gained 2 points from the previous poll with YouGov. 

Opinium poll done for Guardian paper. 

Must pick you up on these remarks Chaddy. You are implying that the poll showing a Tory lead can be trusted because its

published in the Daily Mirror, a pro-Labour paper but the Opinium Poll can't be because its published in the Guardian!

I'm sure that is your thinking, otherwise why mention them? You can't logically make both of those conclusions, they are counter-intuitive.

In reality, it doesn't matter which paper publishes the polls--they publish them as they are, they don't interfere in the findings.

Polls are polls Chaddy!

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Two can play at that game 

What are you going on about., Bobby?  Chaddy said he thinks hampers are better than vouchers...I pointed out he is wrong.  

Not sure what you are playing at.

Edited by Sparks Rover
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

The point is that £3 per meal per child is what the Government claim is spent on children's lunches. Hence £30 over 10 days.

ALL of that £30 should be spent on those lunches or given to the family for 2 reasons:

1. We're in a pandemic, it's an easy tick in the 'we care' column.

2. If it were money (preferably vouchers as last time) given to families, it gets spent. Money getting spent is how you turn the economy round.

The money 'going back into the Government' is also a broken promise, which is £30 SPENT on children's lunches.

That 1p of that goes to any middle-man company of any sort (even one delivering the food) is immoral.

As long as the children get the proper food for the meals they need daily the system is working. 

I rather use my local fruit and Vegetables market stall for that's sort of foods so I'm unsure if vouchers could be spent that way. Do you that parents can use them this way?

What do you think of company claim that pathetic hamper isnt one of theirs hampers? 

47 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Trust you to disagree with virtually every expert.  Vouchers are best for loads of reasons....

If you going to quote me make sure you used the full sentence not just part of sentence as RoverDom and Dreams as pointed out already. 

Sparks all you wanted to do get in another pointless dig at me. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

What happens if parent is disabled or has a lack of transport or having to shield due to this pandemic?.

Tesco deliver to the door Chaddy, you should have a look....its perfect service for the pandemic.🙄

Edited by Sparks Rover
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As long as the children get the proper food for the meals they need daily the system is working.

The children aren't getting a decent meal and the system is not working and is corrupt. 

Which in case you missed it, is the whole point

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. As long as the children get the proper food for the meals they need daily the system is working. 

2. I rather use my local fruit and Vegetables market stall for that's sort of foods so I'm unsure if vouchers could be spent that way. Do you that parents can use them this way?

3. What do you think of company claim that pathetic hamper isnt one of theirs hampers? 

Numbered your paragraphs for clarity, I hope that's ok.

1. I agree with that statement completely IF the promise was merely to provide food (because that should naturally be as low cost as possibletothe taxpayer), however there was a promised cost of that food which I believe should honoured, be it by money, by vouchers, or value of food.

I also don't believe children are being given the proper food. Multiple accounts of incredibly basic and not-very nutritious options. Also, the food is supposed to last 12 days minimum (10 days of food, with a weekend), and if you've ever seen even an untouched and sealed loaf of bread after a week you'll know it's not edible.

2. I don't know about how the vouchers can be used specifically but I'd argue that that level of choice (greengrocer/butcher vs supermarket) would be admirable but often more expensive and possibly play into the hands of MPs who believe people 'waste' money they spend. Eg: If I know someone is paying my bill at a restaurant, I'll pick the cheapest of the options I fancy, as I believe it's courteous (albeit I don't necessarily expect it of others if I'm buying).

I think being able to use the vouchers at any supermarket is an adequate compromise.

3. I generally don't trust company statements that contradict multiple and very similar accounts from people who have genuine grievances. But I'll admit I've only really seen claims linked to Chartwell, and not other companies so my view in this regard might be distorted if I'm missing some facts 🙂

Edited by Mike E
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Tesco deliver to the door Chaddy, you should have a look....its perfect service for the pandemic.🙄

So is going to store at 7am and scan and go. Nobody about and idea time to go. Done in 15 minutes and home. But cos I use local fruit and vegetables market and local butchers aswell I spend less time in supermarkets. 

36 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Numbered your paragraphs for clarity, I hope that's ok.

1. I agree with that statement completely IF the promise was merely to provide food (because that should naturally be as low cost as possibletothe taxpayer), however there was a promised cost of that food which I believe should honoured, be it by money, by vouchers, or value of food.

I also don't believe children are being given the proper food. Multiple accounts of incredibly basic and not-very nutritious options. Also, the food is supposed to last 12 days minimum (10 days of food, with a weekend), and if you've ever seen even an untouched and sealed loaf of bread after a week you'll know it's not edible.

2. I don't know about how the vouchers can be used specifically but I'd argue that that level of choice (greengrocer/butcher vs supermarket) would be admirable but often more expensive and possibly play into the hands of MPs who believe people 'waste' money they spend. Eg: If I know someone is paying my bill at a restaurant, I'll pick the cheapest of the options I fancy, as I believe it's courteous (albeit I don't necessarily expect it of others if I'm buying).

I think being able to use the vouchers at any supermarket is an adequate compromise.

3. I generally don't trust company statements that contradict multiple and very similar accounts from people who have genuine grievances. But I'll admit I've only really seen claims linked to Chartwell, and not other companies so my view in this regard might be distorted if I'm missing some facts 🙂

1. Children should be getting the proper food and should be provided. We agree on that.

2. I prefer the fruit and vegetables from my local market stall to Supermarkets. But its down to personal choice. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

What are you going on about., Bobby?  Chaddy said he thinks hampers are better than vouchers...I pointed out he is wrong.  

Not sure what you are playing at.

Chaddy said in some cases food may be better than a voucher but that actually parents know their kids likes and dislikes best. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that some may prefer a hamper to a voucher. At no point did he say the hampers pictured were good value or nutritious. You cropped his post in a way that completely changed the concept. 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2. I prefer the fruit and vegetables from my local market stall to Supermarkets. But its down to personal choice. 

And you are blessed to be in a position to make that choice.

For those that don't have that luxury, it's generally purely about value for money and quantity.

Two qualities these food packs lack.

Doesn't matter if it's facilitated through parcels, vouchers, or magic beans. We all just want our tax pounds to achieve maximum efficiency. Seems it falls way short here.

And I say that as someone that can appreciate the huge administration and logistical costs of such a large scale operation. Don't feel it's unreasonable for 50% of the price to get swallowed up by it.

That would mean the recipients getting TRIPLE the amount of food reported. 

1 hour ago, Silas said:

And you are blessed to be in a position to make that choice.

For those that don't have that luxury, it's generally purely about value for money and quantity.

Two qualities these food packs lack.

Doesn't matter if it's facilitated through parcels, vouchers, or magic beans. We all just want our tax pounds to achieve maximum efficiency. Seems it falls way short here.

And I say that as someone that can appreciate the huge administration and logistical costs of such a large scale operation. Don't feel it's unreasonable for 50% of the price to get swallowed up by it.

That would mean the recipients getting TRIPLE the amount of food reported. 

Very true but if parents had the option then I would recommend buy from fruit and Vegetables market or farm shop. Yes could be abit more expensive but quality far better IMO. 

Those food packages/parcels are disgraceful tbh. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Looks like the 30 pound voucher is coming back.

Well done to the leader of the opposition Marcus Rashford, can anybody remember the last time the leader of the opposition had to dash off to prepare for their participation in a football match

3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Looks like the 30 pound voucher is coming back.

Well done to the leader of the opposition Marcus Rashford, can anybody remember the last time the leader of the opposition had to dash off to prepare for their participation in a football match

And there he is........

Keir Starmer pulls on his football kit but Labour can't beat ace CNJ team  in fund-raiser | Camden New Journal

The Labour red wall still crumbling:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19004946.hyndburn-labour-man-stands-tories-wife-remains-red/

Mr Molineux, a 39-year-old IT support analyst and father of three, quit Labour in June claiming the local party had ‘a culture of bullying, harassment and victimisation’.

Come on Kier, root these dinosaurs out of the party, 4yrs to go 🤞

Edited by Gav
  • Moderation Lead
50 minutes ago, Gav said:

The Labour red wall still crumbling:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19004946.hyndburn-labour-man-stands-tories-wife-remains-red/

Mr Molineux, a 39-year-old IT support analyst and father of three, quit Labour in June claiming the local party had ‘a culture of bullying, harassment and victimisation’.

Come on Kier, root these dinosaurs out of the party, 4yrs to go 🤞

If he’s joined the Tories, Labour are well rid of him. What an absolute turncoat.

Some folks have principles, others don't. A true Labour supporter would never change sides, especially after the Tory mismanagement of the country over the past 10 years. His quotes are nothing but soundbites and slogans from Central Office. Good riddance.