5 minutes ago, JBiz said:

So only to do with protecting Uighur Muslims in China then.... yea right!

No it was nothing to do with that either. Those are false smears and propaganda, used by right wing Hawks like those on the Conservatives back benches who long for some sort of conflict with China and that is what Duncan-Smith's amendment was all about yesterday. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, JBiz said:

So only to do with protecting Uighur Muslims in China then.... yea right!

Its disgusting whats going on JBiz, I'd not buy or sell a packet of chewing gun with the Chinese until they stop the clear persecution of Uighur Muslims and possible genocide. 

The Americans are calling it Genocide, we've not gone that far yet, but its pretty close.

On 18/01/2021 at 14:29, Gav said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55695301

Johnson going to abstain from the vote on keeping £20 uplift to Universal credit.

That tells you everything you need to know about the shaggy haired cretin. 

Hopefully the pressure Starmer is putting on him will force into one of his famous u-turns.

Idiot 😤

On 18/01/2021 at 17:58, only2garners said:

So, I've now heard a discussion on the £500 lump sum on PM with the admirable Thorsten Bell of the Resolution Foundation.  His first word was that this was a turkey of a policy. He pointed out that only people who were receiving Universal Credit on one given day would get it, so someone who got a job the day after would have a "free" £500 and conversely someone who had to apply for UC on the day after would get nothing. Giving a lump sum as well finishes the debate about the extra money, as it won't be renewed and will effectively run out in September. A classic Tory policy.

Some good thoughts on the policy and our illustrious PM. Outside of Boris's fat cats and fanatics I've not heard one good word about the scheme. Like o2g says the issues are manifest and given all charities etc seem to be against it, it's hard to see how anyone can defend it. 

I'm no expert but clearly the knock on effects of the virus will run way past September. Goodness, we're talking about not getting most of the needed population (flu jab groups etc) vaccinated till the summer at earliest, especially considering the two doses needed, and to think the economy will be recovered by then is also wildly optimistic to the point of stretching credulity. 

Hard to see this any other way than the government cutting off support from those who need it. As Gav says it shows you everything you need to know about them. And yet people still support them... 

21 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Hard to see this any other way than the government cutting off support from those who need it. As Gav says it shows you everything you need to know about them. And yet people still support them... 

We are in the minority Bb, people just don't care, its a case of "I'm alright, bollox to the rest of em"

It was the same with feeding children during the holidays, how many Tories from deprived areas voted NOT to feed kids during the school holidays? Sara Britcliffe Hyndburn MP was one and she has one area of Accrington that has over 75% of children living in poverty, the highest in the country.

Square that circle 😤

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Gav said:

We are in the minority Bb, people just don't care, its a case of "I'm alright, bollox to the rest of em"

It was the same with feeding children during the holidays, how many Tories from deprived areas voted NOT to feed kids during the school holidays? Sara Britcliffe Hyndburn MP was one and she has one area of Accrington that has over 75% of children living in poverty, the highest in the country.

Square that circle 😤

On her Facebook page last night she was getting all high and mighty about people being kind. More front than Blackpool Prom....

aGiWB67B_bigger.png

Conservative MPs have decided that the NHS won’t be protected from future trade deals after all. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out why. Please RT if you think everyone should know what is going on.

Workers rights ripped up, NHS about to be opened up to US healthcare and medical insurance companies, fishermen up in arms because they can't get produce to market.....

The French "gilet jaune" would be out on the streets now protesting and manning the barricades

Our yellow bellied red wallers suck it up and vote for the more of the same. 

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Workers rights ripped up, NHS about to be opened up to US healthcare and medical insurance companies, fishermen up in arms because they can't get produce to market.....

The French "gilet jaune" would be out on the streets now protesting and manning the barricades

Our yellow bellied red wallers suck it up and vote for the more of the same. 

And even better, they've a whole load of poncey Southerners deciding on how things will be levelled up for them.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Because I'm too bloody old Get off your arse and do something

I don’t mind and don’t think the NHS will be sold or workers rights eroded. 

Besides with any luck I have 5 more years in this country. People are free to it frankly. It’s going wrong on every level. I suspect the brain drain will be quite severe, practically every degree educated person I know has plans on emigrating right now. 

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Besides with any luck I have 5 more years in this country. People are free to it frankly. It’s going wrong on every level. I suspect the brain drain will be quite severe, practically every degree educated person I know has plans on emigrating right now. 

The Tories are desperate for a US trade deal...... the NHS will the sacrificial lamb

2024 is my cutoff date if I'm still on this planet. If there isn't a change of government I'll be going somewhere, anywhere

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The Tories are desperate for a US trade deal...... the NHS will the sacrificial lamb

2024 is my cutoff date if I'm still on this planet. If there isn't a change of government I'll be going somewhere, anywhere

Scotland?

I may join you 😍

The Middle East is my first go to, the money they offer surveyors is crazy and I shall be chartered within 18 months. After that it will hopefully be somewhere like New Zealand or Australia - it might not be the most amazing of places but I feel like the environment is a much better place to live than a cramped up island full of people far too polarised to ever reach a sensible agreement. 

Trouble is brewing in GB. The family I am building is multi cultural and the idea of not having roots in any particular country appeals to me and the Mrs. We can both work anywhere in the world so it literally is our oyster. 

3 hours ago, philipl said:

aGiWB67B_bigger.png

Conservative MPs have decided that the NHS won’t be protected from future trade deals after all. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out why. Please RT if you think everyone should know what is going on.

Chaddy---you argued again and again that this wouldn't happen because the Conservatives said it wouldn't.

Will you wake up at last? Give Sarah a ring and tell her she can't take your vote for granted

13 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The Middle East is my first go to, the money they offer surveyors is crazy and I shall be chartered within 18 months. After that it will hopefully be somewhere like New Zealand or Australia - it might not be the most amazing of places but I feel like the environment is a much better place to live than a cramped up island full of people far too polarised to ever reach a sensible agreement. 

Trouble is brewing in GB. The family I am building is multi cultural and the idea of not having roots in any particular country appeals to me and the Mrs. We can both work anywhere in the world so it literally is our oyster. 

A young friend of our moved to Australia a couple of years ago. He seems well settled now, he's met a girl out there etc. He was/is an IT whizz who was responsible for the IT provision in a group of three secondary schools. However he had a really hard time getting out there. Like most nerds his written English wasn't great and he had to have extensive coaching from my wife before he passed the written exam. I think he failed it twice before he he passed. I would have thought they would have jumped at him given his job over here but that wasn't the case.

19 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Good luck in whatever you choose to do but I think you should do your research carefully in advance. The UK is one of the most racially tolerant countries in the world and you might be shocked by how a multi cultural family would be regarded by many in Australia and New Zealand. As for the Middle East I take it you already know that human rights in those countries is not on a par with what we are accustomed to here.

The grass is not always greener..........

20 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Interesting. I ended up leaving the UK by accident. It was never a plan to go, it just sort of happened. 

I had a couple of mates who moved to Australia in their late 20's. They are firmly settled now. A couple more tested the water but never ended up going. 

I know a few people in Dubai too. 

46 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Where would you have gone, and why ?

France because I speak the language fluently and at that time houses were cheap. Or possibly Germany because my daughter already lived there and i would have been there for my grandchildren. I speak German too. We didn't go because at that time our youngest was coming up to exams at school and by the time hed left home it was too late to move. House prices had risen, and we realised that a lot of the things we did in our spare time relied on words and we wouldn't necessarily be able to do them in a foreign language despite our speaking them well

Edited by gumboots