6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Like I said above you’ll never post a piece on Labours failings (Piece meaning a newspaper story, not a comment)

The Greens. 

Thanks for that answer Gav. Me too!

I'm not following you above. Someone wrote in criticising what is being touted as Labour's possible adaption of a patriotism policy and I replied agreeing with them.

Is that not posting a piece critical of Labour? What's the distinction here? I have to originate the thread or something?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

Is that not posting a piece critical of Labour? What's the distinction here? I have to originate the thread or something?

It’s not important really, unlike the climate emergency!

This country would be a much better place with 2 terms under The Green Party.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm 99% sure I haven't said that, Labour would be hammered, again.

The Labour party has many failings, Lord Falconer not covering himself in glory this morning being one......But you'll never post a piece on Labours failings, neither will the rest of the Labour brigade, but you do post Tory failings, the sites full of them, which is your right of course.

I'm doing nothing more than adding balance to an often one sided debate, trying to minimise the echo.

Selective memory when it suits Gav. There was quite a lot of criticism of Corbyn throughout his tenure of leadership for starters. Concern about Len McCluskey’s influence in the party as well.

You really can’t get away with defending someone who will never criticise anything his party have ever done, then criticise people for not highlighting the problems within their party when they have done.

That’s not balance, it’s as one sided a viewpoint as it gets.

45 minutes ago, den said:

There was quite a lot of criticism of Corbyn throughout his tenure of leadership for starters. Concern about Len McCluskey’s influence in the party as well.

Simple question:

When was the last time you linked a newspaper article to this site that stuck the boot into Labour?

That was the point I was making to 47er.

Edited by Gav
34 minutes ago, Gav said:

Simple question:

When was the last time you linked a newspaper article to this site that stuck the boot into Labour?

Criticism is criticism Gav. I can’t link newspaper articles to things I’ve said on here, neither can anyone else. - As you know.

2 minutes ago, den said:

Criticism is criticism Gav. I can’t link newspaper articles to things I’ve said on here, neither can anyone else. - As you know.

Again missing point, it’s not important. 

In order of "balance", why did you lot disappear into your burrows when I raised the issue of Labour led North Western Local Authorities' instructions to Care Homes to list every single death as Covid-19 related, irrespective?

I've no particular political allegiance as such, I think all politicians are generally a bunch of self-serving shysters. So I've no particular axe to grind either way. You only stuck your heads out of the burrows en masse when you knew I'd buggered off.

If your approach to Chaddy and Gav isn't hypocrisy in the extreme, I don't know what is.

Have you a link ? I will comment when I have the necessary information to make a judgement. - Edit : I just googled "Labour led North Western Local Authorities' instructions to Care Homes to list every single death as Covid-19" and found nothing nothing

Edited by Jimbo
10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Have you a link ? I will comment when I have the necessary information to make a judgement. - Edit : I just googled "Labour led North Western Local Authorities' instructions to Care Homes to list every single death as Covid-19" and found nothing nothing

It was 'from the horses mouth' Jimbo, so no link. It was someone that I know, who was a high ranking official within one of the organisations, that refused and subsequently threw in her ticket. She's now proceeding with a constructive dismissal claim.

She gave me a list of those authorities involved and I didn't know at the time of my initial post, the political make-up. A few hours later, curiosity got the better of me and I conducted some research and discovered disgustingly, that every single one was Labour controlled.

Coincidence or politically motivated policy? You tell me!

Scandalous and disgraceful in equal measure.

Forgive me then if I withhold judgement on hearsay - I'm not going to comment on something without at least some corroboration. If it is true then why isn't it all over the press - I'd have been onto the Expresses newsdesk without  a doubt, as they'de have lapped it up.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Forgive me then if I withhold judgement on hearsay - I'm not going to comment on something without at least some corroboration. If it is true then why isn't it all over the press - I'd have been onto the Expresses newsdesk without  a doubt, as they'de have lapped it up.

I suggest you wait and see.

Not everyone wants details of their life splattered all over the media putting themselves there to be shot at by media without scruples.

I'm not bothered in the slightest if you believe me or not, I've no reason to lie, nor am I in the habit of doing so either.

I note you haven't passed judgement per se but why would that be? What I have said is abhorrent and scandalous, would you have passed judgement if they were Conservative controlled Authorities?

As I've said, I've no axe to grind either way politically, so only posted what I knew as being fact, as a genuine and proper human being.

My last words on the matter.

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

What are these key Labour figures thinking? 

First we had Kate Green:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54324079

Today we have Lord Folconer:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/07/labour-peer-sorry-after-calling-covid-the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving-14036998/

Over 100,000 dead, a crisis/gift? disgusting. 

It is rather curious how the Tories are more outraged by this than the fact that we now have over 112,000 deaths on their governments watch.

Tory-turned "Green voter" digs up story from September then quotes Lord Falconer who as Ed Miliband said, shouldn't have made the remarks but correctly pointed out that Faloner "was talking in the context of lawyers and the way the law was changing."

And that from a Green voter.

Excuse me while I laugh

As for "disgusting", disgusting is more than 100,000 dead, one of the worst death rates in the world and the worst economic hit of any developed country

30 minutes ago, jim mk2 said: 

Excuse me while I laugh

Whilst Jim finds time to laugh at over 100,000 deaths....

“A senior Labour Party member who described the pandemic as a ‘gift that keeps on giving for lawyers’ is said to be very sorry for his comments”

Looks like Lord Falconer, who is all over today’s press, has apologised for his disgraceful comments and rightly so.

31 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Laughing at you, a Green voter, if you read it properly....

...and "rightly so, disgusting" (repeat ad nauseum)

Where did I say I voted Green?

You're making stuff up again, it’s been happening for years.

Edited by Gav
9 hours ago, Gav said:

Simple question:

Its a pretty obscure point Gav tbf.

56 minutes ago, Gav said:

Where did I say I voted Green?

You're making stuff up again, it’s been happening for years.

You didn't, you answered my question about who you would wish to be in government now and you replied "The Greens".

So that's your position clear and unequivocal----you would like the Greens in power but you don't vote for them!

That's reasonable too, because in a General Election your Green candidate has no chance of being elected under a 1st past the post system.

So I guess you must vote tactically to keep the Tories you despise out of government? Good man!

2 hours ago, 47er said:

So I guess you must vote tactically to keep the Tories you despise out of government? Good man!

A vote for the Greens is a vote for the Conservatives under FPTP. Might as well not bother and put a tick in the Tory box. 

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

A vote for the Greens is a vote for the Conservatives under FPTP. Might as well not bother and put a tick in the Tory box. 

You lot at Labour should stop being so useless then and people might not resort to voting for Greens.

Either that or, when you were given the chance, you could have campaigned harder for a change in voting system.

In my lifetime there has been three politically defining referendums - Labour only won the one which the Tories helped them with.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

You misunderstand me there. I'm thinking of that exact situation----where someone would like to vote Green but there's no Green candidate or a sizeable Green vote would let a Tory in.

I can't read what Gav writes and see him as a Green vote however, hence my attempt at irony!

There's an article in this weeks " Eye " regarding newly elected MP's who are still councilors and are drawing council allowances.

The convention is that MP's in this position should step down as a councilor as soon practicable, there are not enough hours in the day, most people think, to carry out both roles effectively.

20 Tory MP's are ignoring this convention and holding onto their council jobs and the allowances. As are 5 Labour MP's.

I just thought I'd mention Chaddy's bosom buddy, Sara Britcliffe, is one of the Tory MP's and is pocketing council allowances totaling £5,399 plus her £81, 932 MP's salary as a result. Nice work if you can get it.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There's an article in this weeks " Eye " regarding newly elected MP's who are still councilors and are drawing council allowances.

The convention is that MP's in this position should step down as a councilor as soon practicable, there are not enough hours in the day, most people think, to carry out both roles effectively.

20 Tory MP's are ignoring this convention and holding onto their council jobs and the allowances. As are 5 Labour MP's.

I just thought I'd mention Chaddy's bosom buddy, Sara Britcliffe, is one of the Tory MP's and is pocketing council allowances totaling £5,399 plus her £81, 932 MP's salary as a result. Nice work if you can get it.

To be fair, it only takes a few minutes to vote against feeding children in poverty.