2 hours ago, 47er said:

I can't read what Gav writes and see him as a Green vote however.

I hope you have read and formed an opinion, that I will never vote for a party that provides a safe haven for abhorrent racists/racist views.

That point alone ruled both Labour and Conservative out at the last election.

Edited by Gav
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I hope you have read and formed an opinion, that I will never vote for a party that provides a safe haven for abhorrent racists/racist views.

That point alone ruled both Labour and Conservative out at the last election.

It leaves you struggling for relevance though. How about getting rid of 1st past the post? Good idea?

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

It leaves you struggling for relevance though.

Fantastic mentality.

Just what will bring about the Red vs Blue as we have in USA onto our shores.

Get rid of 1st past the post, then hopefully over time get rid of Labour and Conservative. Neither fit for purpose and clearly only ever interested in 'being in power'. 

Boris Johnson mistakenly says Bridgend will be battery centre

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-56012151

The prime minister misspoke when he claimed Bridgend was to be a great centre of battery manufacturing, the UK government has confirmed.

Just add it to the list of Johnson "misspokes" throughout his career. In fact, he's "misspoken" so many times in his life does he know any other way of speaking? 

28 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Just add it to the list of Johnson "misspokes" throughout his career. In fact, he's "misspoken" so many times in his life does he know any other way of speaking? 

With the mauling you've taken over the past few days you and Boris have a lot on common 👍

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In Gav's head I think.

You've clearly not read the Brexit thread and Covid thread - Crash helmet stuff 😬

The 'Restriction of Public Sector Exit Payments Regulations 2020' is due to be revoked. These provided a cap of £95k on severance payments for public sector workers.

The reasoning being that the cap may have unintended consequences which I imagine to be not being able to pay off Dominic Cummings. 

Very lucrative for people of the right age. My spot went through an organisational restructure, where several people took voluntary redundancy, these were people who had been in the sector for 30-35 years, were mid 50s winding down to retirement already, who managed to get 6 figure pay outs to retire a few years early. They werent high flying execs, just steady going middle management types but because of length of service were able to get huge sums

55 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The 'Restriction of Public Sector Exit Payments Regulations 2020' is due to be revoked. These provided a cap of £95k on severance payments for public sector workers.

The reasoning being that the cap may have unintended consequences which I imagine to be not being able to pay off Dominic Cummings. 

Very lucrative for people of the right age. My spot went through an organisational restructure, where several people took voluntary redundancy, these were people who had been in the sector for 30-35 years, were mid 50s winding down to retirement already, who managed to get 6 figure pay outs to retire a few years early. They werent high flying execs, just steady going middle management types but because of length of service were able to get huge sums

😃

I read somewhere that the unions had objected to it Dom, Cummings must be very pleased indeed.

Edited by Gav
9 minutes ago, Gav said:

😃

I read somewhere that the unions had objected to it Dom, Cummings must be very pleased indeed.

The issue for the unions is that this regulation would have affected public sector workers on as little as £25Kpa.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

I read somewhere that the unions had objected to it Dom.

And yet those same unionists will be up in arms when Boris's mates start walking away with 6 figure sums

Two ways of looking at it. 

1) From a workers point of view - I object to it due to one day hoping to benefit from it and take early retirement. Entirely unreservedly I may add. 

2) From a tax payers point of view I'm outrage its absolutely ludicrous.

From a union point of view I can see why they object as they represent the worker but I think they also forget that they are also tax payers for whom this is largely a waste of money. 

I'll just hang tight and wait for the arguments explaining how only being allowed £95k pay off is an injustice and a breach of worker rights. 

This is OT really for a political thread but I thought I'd put it on here.

A few weeks ago I bought a watch from " Ideal World". I paid for it with my credit card. Just in case of problems, you can always claim against the credit card. I've never bought anything from them before but I could see they'd made a mistake in pricing the watch and it was half of the price it should have been. Now it's back up to full price.

I got a phone call this morning from " Ideal Shopping ", the guy had a broad Scots accent and I found it hard to follow what he was telling me. The inference I got was that he was offering me " Ideal World " literature regarding forthcoming offers etc. At no point was a fee for this service mentioned. So I verbally agreed to accept the offer of the literature. At no point did I click on anything or agree to anything in writing. Shortly afterwards I get a text from my credit card provider telling me my card had been blocked because of an " unusual transaction " that had taken place. At the same time I got a email from " Ideal Shopping " asking me to confirm the transaction.

I was smelling a large rat by this time so I phoned my credit card company to find out what was going on. It appears that I'd agreed to a subscription for the " Ideal Shopping " literature at a cost of £2-99 per month. I managed to cancel subsequent subscription costs but todays £2-99 was gone.  

I hadn't realised that money could be deducted from your credit card account solely on a verbal agreement over the phone ! No other checks or forms of corroboration at all were needed.

Just be very careful what you agree to over the phone.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was smelling a large rat by this time so I phoned my credit card company to find out what was going on. It appears that I'd agreed to a subscription for the " Ideal Shopping " literature at a cost of £2-99 per month. I managed to cancel subsequent subscription costs but todays £2-99 was gone.  

Credit card co should refund that, they can't have any proof that you agreed to that subscription over the phone.