• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm led to believe that some credit cards will only take action if the issue is over £100.

I didn't know that. Quite a high barrier.

An influential Labour Party group with close links to Keir Starmer is under investigation by the UK's Electoral Commission after allegedly failing to declare over £800,000 in donations within the time required under law, Insider can reveal.

The investigation into Labour Together, which counts among its current directors' the Shadow Foreign Secretary Lisa Nandy MP and Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government Steve Reed MP, was opened in December 2020.

The Electoral Commission, which regulates political financing in the United Kingdom, is investigating multiple potential breaches of UK electoral law which requires donations to be reported to the Electoral Commission within 30 days of the donation being accepted

Labour Together's most significant donor to date is Martin Taylor, who was revealed in 2015 to be a Mayfair hedge fund manager having then given £600,000 to the party under the leadership of Ed Miliband. Taylor has given the group over £700,000. £143,992 of Taylor's donations were reported as being "non-cash".

Another significant donor is the businessman Sir Trevor Chinn, who also donated £50,000 to Keir Starmer's leadership campaign in 2020.

https://www.businessinsider.com/labour-together-donations-under-investigation-by-electoral-commission-2021-2?amp&r=US&IR=T

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

An influential Labour Party group with close links to Keir Starmer is under investigation by the UK's Electoral Commission after allegedly failing to declare over £800,000 in donations within the time required under law, Insider can reveal.

The investigation into Labour Together, which counts among its current directors' the Shadow Foreign Secretary Lisa Nandy MP and Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government Steve Reed MP, was opened in December 2020.

The Electoral Commission, which regulates political financing in the United Kingdom, is investigating multiple potential breaches of UK electoral law which requires donations to be reported to the Electoral Commission within 30 days of the donation being accepted

Labour Together's most significant donor to date is Martin Taylor, who was revealed in 2015 to be a Mayfair hedge fund manager having then given £600,000 to the party under the leadership of Ed Miliband. Taylor has given the group over £700,000. £143,992 of Taylor's donations were reported as being "non-cash".

Another significant donor is the businessman Sir Trevor Chinn, who also donated £50,000 to Keir Starmer's leadership campaign in 2020.

https://www.businessinsider.com/labour-together-donations-under-investigation-by-electoral-commission-2021-2?amp&r=US&IR=T

Is that it ? That's peanuts in todays politics. .  Big business has been pouring tens of Millions into the Tory Party. I'll start quoting the figures " Private Eye " prints every week in future.

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can't see any reason why they would wilfully hide donations, probably just an administration error, but its right to investigate.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What would you like him to say? 

That Hancock should resign and if he won't he should be sacked. I'd like to see some opposition to this hopeless government from the leader of the opposition, I'd like to see a bit of passion even anger instead all we get is this wet wipe with his pre prepared script.

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That Hancock should resign and if he won't he should be sacked. I'd like to see some opposition to this hopeless government from the leader of the opposition, I'd like to see a bit of passion even anger instead all we get is this wet wipe with his pre prepared script.

Starmer is behind in the polls. He being very cautious what he is saying. Hes seen the polling data on him and labour party. Hes worried..

Seen an online article saying Ed Miliband could replace Dobbs as shadow chancellor yesterday 

On 20/02/2021 at 11:24, chaddyrovers said:

So glad you spotted and aren't happy with this. I was so distracted by the current legal battle about the government not revealing millions of pounds of tenders to their mates that I overlooked this.

It's shocking both the non declaration and the links to the party that these people have. I'm sure you would agree that would go for any party and none should be above the rules right? After all to say otherwise would be hypocritical and stupid and undermine any sense of integrity. 

Appreciate a requote. 

33 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

So glad you spotted and aren't happy with this. I was so distracted by the current legal battle about the government not revealing millions of pounds of tenders to their mates that I overlooked this.

It's shocking both the non declaration and the links to the party that these people have. I'm sure you would agree that would go for any party and none should be above the rules right? After all to say otherwise would be hypocritical and stupid and undermine any sense of integrity. 

Appreciate a requote. 

Go on then. 

With all the mud slinging that went on over my 'Sun' article recently, above we have 'The Express' linked in its full glory.

Maybe this is what was meant by reading "The European press and Academic papers" 😂

Edited by Gav
2 hours ago, Gav said:

With all the mud slinging that went on over my 'Sun' article recently, above we have 'The Express' linked in its full glory.

Maybe this is what was meant by reading "The European press and Academic papers" 😂

Nah, it means some folk and widely read and also read papers they don't necessarily they agree with, including some that might be regarded as "disgusting". 

4 hours ago, Gav said:

That's just the " Sun " for old people Gav, or is that the " Mail " ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's just the " Sun " for old people Gav, or is that the " Mail " ?

They're all rags TS, I wouldn't buy any of them with washers!

3 minutes ago, den said:

Genuine question - why is it shameful?

I know nothing about those candidates by the way.

It has been done in a underhand way, the candidates were told nothing by the party and have been told not to reapply.  And no one knows why any of this has happened, it looks and smells awfully like a stitch up that has come from the top of the party.