• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

We certainly didn't liberate Europe on our own but after the French quickly waved the white flag we stood alone.

You mean apart from Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, India plus the free Dutch, Poles, Norwegians, Belgians, and De Gaulle's mob.

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You mean apart from Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, India plus the free Dutch, Poles, Norwegians, Belgians, and De Gaulle's mob.

During the Blitz we were alone and had we fallen to the German's as the French did then the whole of Western Europe would have been conquered and one dreads to think what else.

I'm not a particularly patriotic person but the defiance from this country as the Luftwaffe's bombs rained down upon it is undoubtedly something to be proud of.   

Edited by Ewood Ace
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Children who met him was remember it for years to come. 

He is PM and going around the country meeting people is part of his job

Yes I think meeting him would be an inspiration to all kids. 

Family responsibilities - sod it. Get fired from a job for lies - get another one and keep lying. Have values and a stance - nah mate, champion whatever view gets you furthest. Break a few laws - who cares. 

Absolutely inspirational. Model citizens if they follow his exams he contradicts everything we try instilling in the kids in school like honesty, integrity and the like. 

10 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yes I think meeting him would be an inspiration to all kids. 

Family responsibilities - sod it. Get fired from a job for lies - get another one and keep lying. Have values and a stance - nah mate, champion whatever view gets you furthest. Break a few laws - who cares. 

Absolutely inspirational. Model citizens if they follow his exams he contradicts everything we try instilling in the kids in school like honesty, integrity and the like. 

I'm utterly appalled. He is "PM" after all. 

You forgot old Alexander de Pfeffel's 8 children by 6 women. At the last count

Edited by jim mk2
4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

During the Blitz we were alone and had we fallen to the German's as the French did then the whole of Western Europe would have been conquered and one dreads to think what else.

I'm not a particularly patriotic person but the defiance from this country as the Luftwaffe's bombs rained down upon it is undoubtedly something to be proud of.   

That's clearly true but we were lucky that Hitler had his obsessions, especially Liebensraum and Russia. Virtually all of Western Europe had been conquered but for Russia (and Ireland and Switzerland who were neutral.)

Russia took the brunt of it----20M killed.

The Blitz, and our refusal  not to sue for peace with Nazi Germany whatever the cost, was our finest hour, no doubt about that.

But we would not have won the war without America and Russia and this is where some have it wrong.

Britain did not defeat Hitler, Britain, and their allies USA and Russia did. Massive contribution from the British Commonwealth/Empire too.

With Accrington having one of the worst areas in Europe for children living in poverty (Over 70% of kids).

I wonder if Sarah Britcliffe gave Boris a tour of the area and they’re now working on a plan to deal with that awful statistic? 

12 hours ago, 47er said:

That's clearly true but we were lucky that Hitler had his obsessions, especially Liebensraum and Russia. Virtually all of Western Europe had been conquered but for Russia (and Ireland and Switzerland who were neutral.)

Russia took the brunt of it----20M killed.

The Blitz, and our refusal  not to sue for peace with Nazi Germany whatever the cost, was our finest hour, no doubt about that.

But we would not have won the war without America and Russia and this is where some have it wrong.

Britain did not defeat Hitler, Britain, and their allies USA and Russia did. Massive contribution from the British Commonwealth/Empire too.

That’s very true. If America in particular hadn’t been forced into the war, Europe could have fallen.

My thoughts today are with my very good friend and predecessor in my day job, as she convenes the Inquiry at which Alex Salmond is currently giving evidence. Politics aside, she is a brilliant MSP, a lovely person and has been put in an unenviable position. No wonder she's not standing again in the May Scottish elections.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

hardly the same given what he done in past. 

Comments are unwarranted. 

The racist, misogynistic, antisemitistic, Islamophobic, classist and homophobic past of Alexander de Pfeiffel

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-female-suffrage-women-cars-oxford-video-social-media-a9237281.html

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-quotes-controversy-comments-general-election-2019-campaign-372969

.... and these are just a few examples

Would you let your child near this creep? 

Alex Salmond is still a very impressive politician. I thought the questioning was poor a few (mainly SNP) really did disgrace themselves but thankfully we had some good questions from Baillie and Fraser that dragged it out of the gutter. The evidence given by Salmond today was devastating and surely the end is nigh for the Miss Saigon and her cohorts.   

Sir Keir Starmer is facing a shadow cabinet split over his decision to oppose any immediate rises in corporation tax.

Members of the Labour leader’s top team said they had been blindsided when he signalled his opposition to the proposed rise on Wednesday. 

Anneliese Dodds, the shadow chancellor, struck a pointedly different tone from Starmer on Thursday and suggested that corporation tax should be looked at in the longer term.

One shadow cabinet minister said they were not in favour of a decision to oppose any immediate rises: “We’ve got to pay back for all the spending so something has got to be raised.”

"Budget 2021: Keir Starmer faces rebellion for stance on recovery | The Times" https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/budget-2021-keir-starmer-faces-rebellion-for-stance-on-recovery-80tc5v2w3

Edited by chaddyrovers
11 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I must admit I was excited by starmer when he came in but struggling to understand what his politics / policies are.

I think his main focus is to avoid controversy, put the racism to bed that flourished and blighted the last regime and play it safe, for now.

He’s looked silly this week with his half baked backing on vaccinating teachers, he should stick to the middle ground, call the government out where possible.

Its a marathon not a sprint, but eventually he’ll have to break cover or the Tories will eat him for breakfast.

59 minutes ago, Gav said:

I think his main focus is to avoid controversy, put the racism to bed that flourished and blighted the last regime and play it safe, for now.

A labour leader opposing corporation tax rises isnt playing it safe though.