2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You do seem confused.

In the early days, there's no dispute that the UK rushed approval on the AZ vaccine, when the sample size for the over-65s wasn't sufficient. Oxford scientists failed to test large groups of the over-65s, then compounded it by not admitting their mistake.

The AZ rollout in November was a mess, leading to all the adverse publicity around Europe. There's now quite a few vaccines on the market yet the US still hasn't approved the AZ vaccine and isn't expected to until April  - why do you think that is? 

And are you disputing that the incompetent UK government was not desperate to find something, anything, to show it could do something right, so indulged in blatant vaccine nationalism?

The data are changing all the time as more trials and tests are conducted and the efficacy for the AZ vaccine is getting better.  Maybe even the French and Germans will start to trust it 

So hats off to the Oxford scientists and AZ, led by its chief executive Pascal Soriot. He's French by the way. 

You've said this is your "last word" but somehow I doubt it as you seem to be a very angry person. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who cares about the Germans? 

Well behind us in vaccinations. But no surprise really

Good old Chadds. Two World Cups and one world war, eh? 

David Cameron criticises successors Theresa May and Boris Johnson over security and foreign policies

Theresa May ‘weakened the National Security Council,’ says Former PM Cameron 

"David Cameron criticises successors Theresa May and Boris Johnson over security and foreign policies | The Independent" https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-national-security-strategy-committee-boris-johnson-theresa-may-b1809851.html

46 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Good old Chadds.

The UK approved the Pfizer and Oxford/AZ vaccine and so far vaccinated over 20 million people so far with the 1st dose. What a great effort by the UK. 

47 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

there's no dispute that the UK rushed approval on the AZ vaccine, when the sample size for the over-65s wasn't sufficient. Oxford scientists failed to test large groups of the over-65s, then compounded it by not admitting their mistake

UK rushed to approval on the Oxford/AZ vaccine? Evidence of this? 

Are you disputing that the incompetent UK government was not desperate to find something, anything, to show it could do something right, so indulged in blatant vaccine nationalism? 

Yes I am. 

The UK vaccination taskforce bought Vaccines way before your beloved EU even got started on it. The EU Slow on buying vaccines and slow on vaccinating people. 

There's now quite a few vaccines on the market yet the US still hasn't approved the AZ vaccine and isn't expected to until April  - why do you think that is? 

Maybe even the French and Germans will start to trust it 

Why does it matters so much what the US, French or the Germans are doing? 

Are the vaccinate the amount of people we are daily Jim? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Moderation Lead

Hiya- getting a lot of reported posts from this thread, so rather than dishing out warnings and people having time away from the forum- can we rein ourselves in and stop repeating the same things please?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This is one of your gems below

Cheltenham and Champions League games would never have taken place if we'd have been better informed by WHO and more importantly by the Chinese.  

And you're talking about BS?

I hope you didn’t spend to long trawling back through the Covid thread for that 🤣

I doubt it surprises anyone that you’ve failed to spot an opinion piece, since you never have one worth reading yourself.

It’s only my opinion based on the fact the Chinese hindered the WHO at the start of the pandemic, the news was suppressed, we probably had the virus in this country weeks before the official first case and could have made tough decisions sooner had we known. 

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

we probably had the virus in this country weeks before the official first case and could have made tough decisions sooner had we known. 

If you believe that Bozo and his populist Junta would have done anything different, I have a bridge you might like to buy

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If you believe that Bozo and his populist Junta would have done anything different, I have a bridge you might like to buy

Good one that isn't it, I'll allow you to borrow it 👍

I mentioned a while back now that I believe Labour are at least 10yrs away from government and even that was being optimistic. This week we're seeing Labour opposing increases to corporation tax, who would have ever thought that?

Now we have the left of the party sticking the boot in to Kier:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56246532

Kier Starmer quickly needs to decide if he's the new Tony Blair or just another mouthpiece for the unions.

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

I mentioned a while back now that I believe Labour are at least 10yrs away from government and even that was being optimistic. This week we're seeing Labour opposing increases to corporation tax, who would have ever thought that?

Kier Starmer quickly needs to decide if he's the new Tony Blair or just another mouthpiece for the unions.

They are opposing immediate hikes in CT, not opposing hikes in the long term. There is a difference. 

And a quick scan of that link and it doesn't seem to mention the Unions? 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I hope you didn’t spend to long trawling back through the Covid thread for that 🤣

I doubt it surprises anyone that you’ve failed to spot an opinion piece, since you never have one worth reading yourself.

It’s only my opinion based on the fact the Chinese hindered the WHO at the start of the pandemic, the news was suppressed, we probably had the virus in this country weeks before the official first case and could have made tough decisions sooner had we known. 

Have you and Jim never got on?

45 minutes ago, Gav said:

He's the new Tony Blair, that's why people are leaving the party in significant numbers.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's the new Tony Blair, that's why people are leaving the party in significant numbers.

After the car crash that was Corbyn, you can't blame him if he does try to emulate Blair, the country was a much better place under Blairs Labour than it has ever been under the Tories.

Give me Blair over Johnson/May/Cameron etc any day of the week and of course a flourishing football team, a league cup and European football 🤞

1 hour ago, Gav said:

There was a long article regarding the Cheltenham meeting in one the Sunday magazines the weekend before last. We knew enough at the time about the virus to have decided not to go ahead with it but the authorities had friends in high places who thought otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

After the car crash that was Corbyn, you can't blame him if he does try to emulate Blair, the country was a much better place under Blairs Labour than it has ever been under the Tories.

Give me Blair over Johnson/May/Cameron etc any day of the week and of course a flourishing football team, a league cup and European football 🤞

I always thought a party was like any other public organisation. The membership decides what should be party policy and the leadership then carry out that policy. Seems a good idea to me.

Under Blair and his chums the members were just ignored if they disagreed with him. If he'd have listened to the party over the Middle East he wouldn't now be considered a " War Criminal " fit only for the dust bin of history.

This is one for the little Englanders. Charity begins at home they’ll argue, then object to anyone getting welfare payments.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who cares about the Germans? 

Well behind us in vaccinations. But no surprise really

But they do have 52000 less deaths than us. So perhaps we could learn from them in one regard and they could learn from us in another.

Edited by Ewood Ace
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Took 10 secs. It's easy because there's examples of your BS on every thread - that was just one.

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There was a long article regarding the Cheltenham meeting in one the Sunday magazines the weekend before last. We knew enough at the time about the virus to have decided not to go ahead with it but the authorities had friends in high places who thought otherwise.

Always follow the money. Tory policy is driven by the donors and their wealthy backers.

Matt Hancock called horse racing "wonderful’" because he is the MP for Newmarket,  seat of the Jockey Club, and he receives tens of thousands in donations from wealthy racehorse owners, trainers and other members of the sport’s establishment.

The Jockey Club has two prominent Tories on its board: Dido Harding, the Tory peer who screwed up test-and-trace; and Rose Paterson, the wife of the senior backbench MP Owen Paterson.

Rose Paterson is also chair of Aintree racecourse, where the Grand National is sponsored by Randox Health, the diagnostics company advised by her husband given a £133m contract to produce testing kits – without any other firms being allowed to bid.

Same with Sunak's superspreader Eat Out to Help Out which was driven by Tory donors in the hospiltality sector.

Cronyism rules,  so is it any wonder Cheltenham went ahead?

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Took 10 secs. It's easy because there's examples of your BS on every thread - that was just one.

Trawling back through threads in some desperate pursuit to cover up you're lies is pathetic really, shows a real lack of class and only uncovered my opinion on Cheltenham, good detective work Inspector Clouseau.

Thats my final comment on the matter.

Edited by Gav

The UK government's decision to cut funding for Yemen to only 40% of the 2019 total beggars belief.

Britain is a leading supplier and supporter of the Saudi and Emirati-led coalition fighting in the Yemen war and is now cutting aid for a country in the middle of a humanitarian crisis while continuing with arms sales to prolong and profit from that war.

“Millions of Yemeni children, women and men desperately need aid to live. Cutting aid is a death sentence,” UN secretary general António Guterres said in a statement.

Even the prominent Tory Andrew Mitchell, the former international development secretary, said: “The government had made an unimaginable decision … in the middle of a global pandemic. Britain is the [pen holder] at the UN on Yemen, yet this decision will condemn hundreds of thousands of children to starvation.”

"Disgusting", as someone said.

58 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Always follow the money. Tory policy is driven by the donors and their wealthy backers.

Matt Hancock called horse racing "wonderful’" because he is the MP for Newmarket,  seat of the Jockey Club, and he receives tens of thousands in donations from wealthy racehorse owners, trainers and other members of the sport’s establishment.

The Jockey Club has two prominent Tories on its board: Dido Harding, the Tory peer who screwed up test-and-trace; and Rose Paterson, the wife of the senior backbench MP Owen Paterson.

Rose Paterson is also chair of Aintree racecourse, where the Grand National is sponsored by Randox Health, the diagnostics company advised by her husband given a £133m contract to produce testing kits – without any other firms being allowed to bid.

Same with Sunak's superspreader Eat Out to Help Out which was driven by Tory donors in the hospiltality sector.

Cronyism rules,  so is it any wonder Cheltenham went ahead?

Rose Patterson caught the virus, allegedly at Cheltenham. Although she appeared to have recovered she took her own life a few weeks later.

1 hour ago, den said:

This is one for the little Englanders. Charity begins at home they’ll argue, then object to anyone getting welfare payments.

Terrible den, but why little Englanders? This is a U.K. govt decision, incorporating all of the U.K. and not an English one. 

Im sure there’ll be Scots, Irish and Welsh people supporting this in the same way English people would - the same goes for opposing it also. 

Let’s move away from this everything bad = England viewpoint. You are English after all and I’m sure you aren’t supportive of everything bad the U.K. govt does 

34 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Terrible den, but why little Englanders? This is a U.K. govt decision, incorporating all of the U.K. and not an English one. 

Im sure there’ll be Scots, Irish and Welsh people supporting this in the same way English people would - the same goes for opposing it also. 

Let’s move away from this everything bad = England viewpoint. You are English after all and I’m sure you aren’t supportive of everything bad the U.K. govt does 

Change it to something else if you like Dreams, I don’t mind.

Little Englanders to me is a good description of the many people who always see anything going out of this country as bad. In fact, they see anything going to anyone else apart from themselves as bad.

13 minutes ago, den said:

Change it to something else if you like Dreams, I don’t mind.

Little Englanders to me is a good description of the many people who always see anything going out of this country as bad. In fact, they see anything going to anyone else apart from themselves as bad.

You are certainly very good at judging a lot of people based on the relatively small pool of opinions you’ll be subject to 

It wouldn’t be correct to say that issue is simply consigned to English people either