2 hours ago, Gav said:

With Brexit a distant memory for most, you wonder why Labour can't hold strongholds like Hartlepool.

Out with the dinosaurs, the party needs new blood and quickly....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hartlepool-election-poll-keir-starmer-b1827153.html

Labour is on course to lose Hartlepool to the Conservatives for the first time in over half a century, according to a new poll of voters in the constituency.

Anger is mounting at the top of the Labour party over a trade union-commissioned poll on the party’s fortunes in the 6 May Hartlepool by election that has sparked accusations of “betrayal”.

What an absolute shit show.....

The whole of politics is a shitshow,can't trust any of the fuckers.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

10 hours ago, 47er said:

As an avowed Labour supporter, shouldn't you be welcoming this good news?

I'm more interested in Dan Jarvis our local mayor to be honest, if I had any interest at all in mayoral elections that is.....

Sadiq deserves a 2nd term though, sure and it looks like the good citizens of London will reward him with one.

Not looking good in Hartlepool 47er......Can't blame Brexit for this one, but lets face it, only the ones with heads buried in the sand ever thought Labours troubles were down to Brexit alone.

I do worry for the future of the Labour party, I really do.

Edited by Gav
On 17/04/2021 at 08:11, chaddyrovers said:

Does that matter?

Well evidently not. I mean it may be a bit out of date, but we can hammer labour with it, so why not? 

What's odd though is there isn't a single criticism of the conservatives misdemeanours from then or present. Doesn't that strike you as a little hypocritical? Pathetic even? I mean you can find this stuff but the lobbying, the sexual predator stuff, the lies, the breeches of ministerial code just don't seem worthy of comment. Why is that?

Appreciate a repost. Goodness knows why such hypocrisy should be allowed unchallenged. 

14 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

The whole of politics is a shitshow,can't trust any of the fuckers.

Put more bluntly than I would but you have to agree. 

This is an old article (2009) but a brief timeline of ‘sleaze’ from a time most of us will have forgot. 

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2009/01/29/sleaze-a-timeline/

Self-serving politicians are not restricted to one party. With power comes the ability to corrupt. An independent article here sums up my view on the subject:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/labour-tories-corruption-david-cameron-greensill-boris-johnson-b1831450.html%3famp

Power corrupts and when we see a new party in power you’ll see new stories about their sleaze or scandal. Pretending otherwise is pig headed. 

4 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm glad to hear it, I have to say it doesn't often look that way.

I suspect that it'll take time for Brexit to lose its allure and the government has received kudos for its handling of the Corona vaccination programme which will buttress it for a while.

But at some point, traditional Tory views on spending will prevail. They will want to cut the huge deficit and it won't be by taxing the rich. At that point, when New Austerity repeats its damage, the Red wallers will realise they've been done over----again!

45 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm glad to hear it, I have to say it doesn't often look that way.

I suspect that it'll take time for Brexit to lose its allure and the government has received kudos for its handling of the Corona vaccination programme which will buttress it for a while.

But at some point, traditional Tory views on spending will prevail. They will want to cut the huge deficit and it won't be by taxing the rich. At that point, when New Austerity repeats its damage, the Red wallers will realise they've been done over----again!

I won't vote for a party that I don't believe in 47er, its not unconditional support, thats a thing of the past. The Labour party isn't beyond reproach either, if they're making a pigs ear of things it will be pointed out.

Majors government was in part brought down by sleaze and cronyism, the country got sick of that lot. Right now thats Labours only chance, but I fear far to many simply don't care, money in the pocket trumps everything and many voters have that right now.

But I agree fully with you on austerity, thats Labours chance and make no mistake, it will kick in at some point.

Edited by Gav

Nick Cohen has a very good article in today’s Sunday Observer.

Just the opening two paragraphs -

“ The right is making Britain a normal country. I don’t mean that as a compliment, just a statement of the dismal fact that in most countries it’s normal for the ruling clique to seek to limit the independence of the judiciary, control state television and fill the tax payer-funded civil service with cranky ideologues, who will screech out it’s message, and drones who will obey it’s orders.

Like all authoritarian governments the Johnson governments wants to rig the system. If you think “ that kind of thing doesn’t happen here “, you are suffering from a sentimental version of British exceptionalism. If you say: “ It’s hysterical to compare Johnson to authoritarian leaders “, I’m afraid you haven’t been paying attention.”

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nick Cohen has a very good article in today’s Sunday Observer.

Just the opening two paragraphs -

“ The right is making Britain a normal country. I don’t mean that as a compliment, just a statement of the dismal fact that in most countries it’s normal for the ruling clique to seek to limit the independence of the judiciary, control state television and fill the tax payer-funded civil service with cranky ideologues, who will screech out it’s message, and drones who will obey it’s orders.

Like all authoritarian governments the Johnson governments wants to rig the system. If you think “ that kind of thing doesn’t happen here “, you are suffering from a sentimental version of British exceptionalism. If you say: “ It’s hysterical to compare Johnson to authoritarian leaders “, I’m afraid you haven’t been paying attention.”

The same Nick Cohen who used to smear Jeremey Corbyn for a past time? I'd have thought he'd have been delighted to have this government given all the time he dedicated to constantly smearing their opposition at the last election.

On 17/04/2021 at 10:11, jim mk2 said:

Any comment on her voting against free school meals for hungry kids?   

And Is that how your beloved party looks after working class voters and knows what they want as you claim ? 

asking me questions whilst over the past week or 2 you ignored my questions posed by me to yourself. cos you dont have an answers to them or you don't know so I think you are bang out of order asking me Questions Jim!

commented on the time Jim, clearly you miss it. 

Look at the polls or the last election data on working class voters who they voted for Jim. Why is this Jim? Why are voters abandoned the Labour Party and not voting for them? Why are you behind in the polls in Hartlepool a Labour strong hold for years after years? Also why are 14 points behind in the latest YouGov Poll? why is this JIm? 

Also Jim as a person who is Labour party member and a person who said he campaigned during the last election and I imagine you are helping Labour party campaign during the local elections so surely you have asked and are asking voters why they are so turned off by the Labour Party, its candidates/MP's and its policies? 

will you respond to these set of questions or just ignored them like recent questions I have posed to yourself?

20 hours ago, Gav said:

With Brexit a distant memory for most, you wonder why Labour can't hold strongholds like Hartlepool.

Out with the dinosaurs, the party needs new blood and quickly....

Are you talking Labour MP's in shadow cabinet? if so which dinosaurs would you like to see out? and what new blood would you like to see in the shadow cabinet?

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Not looking good in Hartlepool 47er......Can't blame Brexit for this one, but lets face it, only the ones with heads buried in the sand ever thought Labours troubles were down to Brexit alone.

So who and what is to blame for Labour's problems in Hartlepool?

Cameron's actions over Greensill "acceptable", says minsiter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56790057

The fact this quote is buried in the story and is not headline news itself shows how far down the road this country has become towards a corrupt kleptocracy.

And little wonder that this Cabinet of the Most Talentless is held in such contempt. They should read their own government guidelines

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-7-principles-of-public-life

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

The same Nick Cohen who used to smear Jeremey Corbyn for a past time? 

He was obviously right!

Corbyn has put the Tories into government for next 20yrs , he should apologies.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So who and what is to blame for Labour's problems in Hartlepool?

The Labour Party chaddy, its as simple as that.

Just now, Gav said:

All the Labour Party members, trade unions and MP's plus its policies to blame for the mess for it?

How do Labour recover for it and who is right to lead this change?

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

Corbyn has put the Tories into government for next 20yrs , he should apologies.

A couple of contradictory post right there.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at the polls or the last election data on working class voters who they voted for Jim. Why is this Jim? Why are voters abandoned the Labour Party and not voting for them? Why are you behind in the polls in Hartlepool a Labour strong hold for years after years? Also why are 14 points behind in the latest YouGov Poll? why is this JIm? 

You've answered you own question here - The racists that voted UKIP, previously, have returned to their natural home with the Tories. That's why they are in front.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You've answered you own question here - The racists that voted UKIP, previously, have returned to their natural home with the Tories. That's why they are in front.

The racists that found refuge in the Labour party under Corbyn, where have they gone?

Are they now hiding in the shadows looking to stab Kier in the back?

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

The same Nick Cohen who used to smear Jeremey Corbyn for a past time? I'd have thought he'd have been delighted to have this government given all the time he dedicated to constantly smearing their opposition at the last election.

The very same. Don’t worry I’ve got him weighed up all right. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Just now, Gav said:

The racists that found refuge in the Labour party under Corbyn, where have they gone?

The Tories increased their vote by 20% compared to Labour's 3% while UKIP went down by 25% in Hartlepool - It's obvious the Racist's party of choice are the Conservatives

Edited by Jimbo
9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Dreams of 1995 posted a comment recently about this racism being blame for Conservative party increase their share when in reality it's very different and different reasons why. 

Maybe the Labour Party need to look into the reasons why voters have abandoned them so much

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Tories increased their vote by 20% compared to Labour's 3% while UKIP went down by 25% in Hartlepool - It's obvious the Racist's party of choice are the Conservatives

Poor old Fred in Hartlepool ..... he voted for Brexit to get rid of foreigners, couldn't understand why his employers then shut up shop and went back to Germany and now his local pub is closing for good because the staff  have gone home to Poland.

He's still going to vote Tory next month though because he enjoys banging his head against a wall. 

Edited by jim mk2
Just now, jim mk2 said:

Poor old Fred in Hartlepool ..... he voted for Brexit to get rid of foreigners, couldn't understand why his employers then shut up shop and went back to Germany and now his local pub is closing for good because the staff  have gone home to Poland.

He's still going to vote Tory next month though because he enjoys banging his head against a wall. 

Tories don't care about corruption and sleaze, they'll accept all that and vote for them anyway as long as they turn back a few dingys at Dover.

At least poor old Fred won't be exposed to some foreign driver coming in and spreading Covid around at his workspace.

Edited by Jimbo
58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looks like you're in agreement then, they're hiding in the shadows of the Labour movement, they need driving out....

Uncomfortable I know.

Edited by Gav
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Pubs have been closing for years Jim well before Brexit happened and when smoking was banned inside pubs in 2006. Which Party was in government then? Oh yes Jim, Your wonderful Labour Party

The number of pubs in the UK has been falling and between 2007 and 2015, the UK lost nearly 7,000 pubs. 

So Jim, Its your Labour Party who is to blame for nearly 7,000 pubs shutting surely?