Politics

22 hours ago, Mike E said:

Tbf, Dr Hillary debunked most of this guy's 'facts' this morning.

Firstly, what has that got to do with the mainstream editing videos in order to suit their agenda?

Secondly. Who?

I would be very interested to know just which facts as provided by places such as the Office For National Statistics (ONS) and used by the landlord that this mystery Dr 'debunked'. It would also be immensely beneficial if you could post some kind of link to this 'debunking', instead of just a throwaway comment. Thanks.

Edited by Banzai

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Banzai said:

Firstly, what has that got to do with the mainstream editing videos in order to suit their agenda?

Secondly. Who?

I would be very interested to know just which facts as provided by the Office For National Statistics (ONS) and used by the landlord that this mystery Dr 'debunked'. It would also be immensely beneficial if you could post some kind of link to this 'debunking', instead of just a throwaway comment. Thanks.

The guy didn't use the ONS facts. Listen to him, he used what he claimed were ONS statistics but got them a touch wrong and didn't seem to understand their implications.

Just now, Mike E said:

The guy didn't use the ONS facts. Listen to him, he used what he claimed were ONS statistics but got them a touch wrong and didn't seem to understand their implications.

Yet again you try and use deflection tactics. Now post evidence of this 'debunking'. Or let your comment be consigned to the 'it was yet another throwaway comment I read on Twitter' bin.

As a side note it is a bit worrying how the opposition leader and 'lawyer' Starmer was not able to debunk the simple stats he was provided with before hiding behind his goons, arrogantly brushing the landlord off and entering the pub (possibly looking for the nearest massive fridge).

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Banzai said:

Yet again you try and use deflection tactics. Now post evidence of this 'debunking'. Or let your comment be consigned to the 'it was yet another throwaway comment I read on Twitter' bin.

As a side note it is a bit worrying how the opposition leader and 'lawyer' Starmer was not able to debunk the simple stats he was provided with before hiding behind his goons, arrogantly brushing the landlord off and entering the pub (possibly looking for the nearest massive fridge).

You can find it for yourself on Google, Dr. Hillary is pretty famous in Britain.

Consign it to the 'twitter bin' if you want, not up to me to convince you notbto place all your faith in a raving pub landlord ahead of a practicing Doctor.

• Moderation Lead
43 minutes ago, Banzai said:

Here you go- https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/gmbs-dr-hilary-clashes-pub-20422538.amp

If you want to believe a pub landlord over a Doctor re a health crisis, then I guess that’s your prerogative....

And again......................sleeeeeeaaaaaazzzzzeeeee

Boris Johnson told Sir James Dyson by text he would 'fix' tax issue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56819137

Brexiteer Dyson leaves his country to avoid tax, then texts Brexiteer Johnson to confirm he won’t pay tax. Brexit meant they both would avoid impending EU legislation on tax avoidance. 

Follow the money. Brexit has never been about principle, always about personal enrichment of the elite at the expense of nurses, doctors and teachers.  

The stench from the Tory sewer is becoming overwhelming. 

Who in their right mind would vote for them?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

'We're in a pandemic!' Even Blair defends Boris from Labour attacks over James Dyson texts

'We're in a pandemic!' Even Blair defends Boris from Labour attacks over James Dyson texts (msn.com)

Dyson built Ventilators as quickly as possible as we need them asap to fight this Virus. 

Even Blair, you say that as if Tony Blair a straight and honest man.

Blair has totally missed the point in suggesting Dyson and Johnson's sleazery is justified by the "state of national emergency" we were in at the time.

It is unacceptable for any businessman to have a direct line to the PM's personal phone and to use this to talk about legislation and avoiding tax.

It is unacceptable for them to have secret conversations in which the PM unequivocally confirms that the regulations / policies will change because he is "the First Lord of the Treasury" without consultation with government or parliament.

And again it shows that billionaires and rich donors and pals of the sleazebag in No 10 have an access and a voice stronger than even MPs do. 

On 19/04/2021 at 20:37, Mike E said:

It's fairly obvious that you are blinkered in what you think and say, and presumably do.

To the extent that you once stated you'd 'always vote Conservative no matter what'. When challenged on this with suggestions about cronyism, racism or sexism in the party, you notably just said 'but that wouldn't happen'.

Firstly, thankyou for the reply and I sorry that I haven't reply until now. 

I wouldn't say I am blinkered at all but see things very different to you and other people who tend to vote Labour. 

Mike, I think you need to accept that I am Conservative Voter and I can't see that changing any time soon. I noticed you don't question other members like Jim Mk2 who has voted Labour every time. Isn't that the same as me, so what's the difference really? 

Yet again I asked what Sexism? You means the Marc Francois allegations ? 

I know and love many card-carrying Tories, none of whom behave quite so shamelessly about the party's antics as the party in power (all are embarrassed, just under half of them will not vote Conservative next time despite membership).

You notably only ignore people who dare to question you. You notably claim to have answered questions despite never having done so, only ever pointing out the last time you refused to answer, at best.

I'm pleased you know so many Conservative voters Mike. Each person has they own decision on who to vote whoever they are. I know people who think this government has done a good job through the Pandemic and will vote Conservative in the local elections

Think thats very unfair as I don't have Gav, Ewood Blue, Only2Garners, Yourself, K-Hod, Jim Mk2 on ignore but enjoyed several different discussions on the issues. 

However, the fact you live down the road from me, and by your own admission blindly vote for a party rife with lies and sleaze makes me fear for the future my child will grow in.

It's nothing personal against YOU as such. I'm just quite scared and angry that society is so politically tribal that we have people ignoring immorality just so they can support 'the winning side'.

Yes we do live in the same place of Hyndburn and I was delighted that Sara Britcliffe and the conservative party won the seat back in 2019. It was about time we had a change of party in the area and she has done a good job so far. Isn't your wife a Conservative vote which I think you mention before and knows Sara Britcliffe personally? 

I never took it personal Mike but yet again I think you need to accept that more people opinions are more Conservative than ever in the last 25 years. For me, This isn't about being on the winning side but agree with their policies, the way we grow the economy, etc. 

30 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Even Blair, you say that as if Tony Blair a straight and honest man.

Tony Blair was a good PM overall. Shame you and the Labour Party got rid of him and his people like David Millband. I wonder if they had elected David in 2010 and not Ed whether they would have been more electable 

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Blair was a good PM overall. Shame you and the Labour Party got rid of him and his people like David Millband. I wonder if they had elected David in 2010 and not Ed whether they would have been more electable 

How exactly did I get rid of him? I'm not and never have been a member of the Labour Party. It is also rather rich for a Tory like yourself to talk about parties getting rid of leaders as there is no party more ruthless than the Tories for getting rid of their leaders. Macmillan, Eden, Heath, Thatcher, Duncan-Smith, Cameron, May all forced out in the end by their own party.

Also no one got rid of David Milliband he lost a democratic vote for the leadership to his brother and then threw his toys out the pram and went of to America to earn $1 Million a year working at a charity alongside charging $50000- $100000 a speech.

Edited by Ewood Ace

You’ve missed a couple of Tory leaders that got the black spot. Baseball Cap boy and Dracula. Haigh and one who’s name escapes me.

Did “ Dyson “ actually make any ventilators ? The story as I remember it is they wanted to make one to their own design which was too complicated and in the end they never made any.

If Johnson hasn’t broken the ministerial rules it’s time we had better rules. This is an obvious case of the PM looking after a Tory Party donor. In other countries it’s known as corruption.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

'We're in a pandemic!' Even Blair defends Boris from Labour attacks over James Dyson texts

'We're in a pandemic!' Even Blair defends Boris from Labour attacks over James Dyson texts (msn.com)

Dyson built Ventilators as quickly as possible as we need them asap to fight this Virus. 

The way I heard it they didn’t build any ventilators. Even if they did it’s beside the point. Johnson and Dyson were plotting to get preferential treatment for a well known large contributor to Tory Party funds. That’s the crux of the issue.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The way I heard it they didn’t build any ventilators. Even if they did it’s beside the point. Johnson and Dyson were plotting to get preferential treatment for a well known large contributor to Tory Party funds. That’s the crux of the issue.

The Tories are the party of slow, grinding national decline. Johnson is the embodiment of how far British public life has fallen in competence and basic standards.

The stench of corruption grows every day.

However, Johnson is not alone, he's just the most obvious by-product of a system reliant on patronage and rich, privileged chaps doing favours for other rich, privileged chaps.  

12 hours ago, Gav said:

@Blue blood

Are you voting in the mayoral elections? Are you still based in West Yorkshire?

For my sins Gav I am still based on the wrong side of the country. That's what you get from marrying a Yorkshire lass. Still, I suppose it made the Venkys era a little more bareable. 

Hadn't even clocked the Mayoral ones were up for grabs! Was aware of and investigating local elections - there's often a few interesting (as in decent) candidates in our area so that's worth paying attention to. Bit hadn't registered the other one. Thanks for the heads up and yes I will. 

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’ve missed a couple of Tory leaders that got the black spot. Baseball Cap boy and Dracula. Haigh and one who’s name escapes me.

Michael Howard? I think it was Widdecombe who said he had ‘something of the night about him’.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, thankyou for the reply and I sorry that I haven't reply until now. 

I wouldn't say I am blinkered at all but see things very different to you and other people who tend to vote Labour. 

Mike, I think you need to accept that I am Conservative Voter and I can't see that changing any time soon. I noticed you don't question other members like Jim Mk2 who has voted Labour every time. Isn't that the same as me, so what's the difference really? 

Yet again I asked what Sexism? You means the Marc Francois allegations ? 

I'm pleased you know so many Conservative voters Mike. Each person has they own decision on who to vote whoever they are. I know people who think this government has done a good job through the Pandemic and will vote Conservative in the local elections

Think thats very unfair as I don't have Gav, Ewood Blue, Only2Garners, Yourself, K-Hod, Jim Mk2 on ignore but enjoyed several different discussions on the issues. 

Yes we do live in the same place of Hyndburn and I was delighted that Sara Britcliffe and the conservative party won the seat back in 2019. It was about time we had a change of party in the area and she has done a good job so far. Isn't your wife a Conservative vote which I think you mention before and knows Sara Britcliffe personally? 

I never took it personal Mike but yet again I think you need to accept that more people opinions are more Conservative than ever in the last 25 years. For me, This isn't about being on the winning side but agree with their policies, the way we grow the economy, etc. 

Goodness me, such a long defence of his views without any mention of corruption or rule breaking whatsoever! Even though it is highlighted in the post he quotes! I'm not sure see things differently really addresses the heart of the issue. 

Reverting back to the old I am entitled to my opinion and you need to accept it argument. Not sure it works and is valid for the blind support of this government any more than it does for the KKK or any other immoral situation that we see. Opinions are not sacrosanct, unchallengeable and can be wrong. 

Genuinely wonder if anyone really can be that obtuse though. Surely a WUM to evade these issues in this way?

58 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Michael Howard? I think it was Widdecombe who said he had ‘something of the night about him’.

She was just verbalising one of her fantasies there. Sorry for putting you all off your suppers 😂😂