Politics

As you know, I wear the pants in this house and I told the Mrs "no more Guardian" after the nonsense written about Brexit/Vaccine.....

Anyway The Guardian arrived this morning, like it does every Saturday .......🙄

The front page is sight to behold 😀 "Like two rats in sack" Johnson and Cummings.

Just brilliant, stick it to the bastards, I hope it ruins the pair of them.

Dominic Grieve absolutely scathing about Johnson in an interview this morning. Did he really call him an “ integrity vacuum “ or was I hearing things ? I can’t recall a Prime Minister being held in such low esteem by his colleagues in my lifetime. We’ve had Johnny Mercer, Alan what’s his name, Cummings and now Grieve all seriously slagging him off all in one week.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dominic Grieve absolutely scathing about Johnson in an interview this morning. Did he really call him an “ integrity vacuum “ or was I hearing things ? I can’t recall a Prime Minister being held in such low esteem by his colleagues in my lifetime. We’ve had Johnny Mercer, Alan what’s his name, Cummings and now Grieve all seriously slagging him off all in one week.

This? 
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-grieve-boris-johnson-vacuum-of-integrity-government-cronyistic-cabal-971257

Since he became PM Johnson has made himself a lot of enemies with his approach of sweeping away anyone who didn’t answer to his beck and call. Cummings and the many of the long serving, dyed in the wool Tory MP’s who he walked over with nothing but contempt and kicked out of the party haven’t gone away. He’s now finding that out.

What goes around, comes around.

Edited by den

22 minutes ago, den said:

This? 
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-grieve-boris-johnson-vacuum-of-integrity-government-cronyistic-cabal-971257

Since he became PM Johnson has made himself a lot of enemies with his approach of sweeping away anyone who didn’t answer to his beck and call. Cummings and the many of the long serving, dyed in the wool Tory MP’s who he walked over with nothing but contempt and kicked out of the party haven’t gone away. He’s now finding that out.

What goes around, comes around.

From what I understand he alienated a significant section of the Tory Party when he ditched the Tory anti Brexiteers. Now he’s started to ditch some of the Brexiteers in the inner circle. It’s beginning to look more and more like Carrie is calling the shots and is the power behind the throne.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No you got it all wrong Tyrone - he said Johnson was a "vacuum of integrity!".

Grieve also said Johnson was running a cronyistic cabal.

Cronyism. That’s been laid at his door from many fronts, including on here.

Looking after their very rich friends. It’s always been that way, but Johnson doesn’t have the brains to try to hide it.

Johnson will bluster and deflect his way through this furore. He’s done it all his life. Never prepared essays or tutorials at Oxford, in politics doesn’t prepare speeches or for PMQs, just blags his way through, no attention to detail, makes things up, just bumbles along getting away with it by being “funny” and trying to make people laugh.

It’s a kind of brilliance in a way because it takes intelligence and confidence to do it, but the result is the sort of mess he’s currently in although Johnson, true to form, can’t see what the problem is. The sleaze scandal will blow over because outside the Westminster bubble not many people are interested, the low information red wallers least of all.

He’ll get it away with it because people like him always do. 

No surprise that Cummings has biting back against Johnson and of course he will know things that not in the public domain. I also believe that Dominic Cummings will give evidence to the Health and Social care committee on his role in fighting the Covid-19 and what recommendations he suggested that the PM and Government didn't act on. 

Johnson need to change his inner circle staff to make them able to govern instead of being more on campaign based staff. So getting rid of Cummings and Cain was right. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

in politics doesn’t prepare speeches

Most Prime Ministers and US Presidents have had speech writers/director of communications who have written speeches for years. So what's the Difference? Tony Blair had  Philip Collins has his Chief Speech writer so did you moan and complain then about Prime Minister not writing his own speeches?

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Johnson need to change his inner circle staff

Johnson isn’t fit to run the country chaddy, he’s a village idiot with a joke book under his arm and his jokes are wearing thin even for his Tory mates.

To be honest with you I want him to remain in post for as long as possible, let the party rip themselves a part, if they replace him it could be someone competent and we certainly don’t want that. 

Looking forward to the Sunday papers, yes even that one!

58 minutes ago, Gav said:

Johnson isn’t fit to run the country chaddy, he’s a village idiot with a joke book under his arm and his jokes are wearing thin even for his Tory mates.

To be honest with you I want him to remain in post for as long as possible, let the party rip themselves a part, if they replace him it could be someone competent and we certainly don’t want that. 

Looking forward to the Sunday papers, yes even that one!

I wanted Johnson after Cameron resigned as Leader of the Conservative party on the day after the Brexit on 24th June 2016 but Cameron stayed on as Prime Minister until the party elected May as leader. So after May resigned I wanted Johnson again to become Leader of the Conservative Party. I got my wish. 

The polls are very favourable towards him and the Conservative Party still over Starmer and Labour Party.  Be interesting to see how the polls react to this news and the Cummings in the coming days. But talking to some friends today during the Rovers game they arent even aware of these Johnson/Cummings stories but very aware of the ESL story and the falling out of that.  Not everyone keep track of the latest news in Political world or read newspapers like yourself. I'm just catching of it with these stories(aware of them during but not read anything about it) after this week on the ESL stories and been working nights 

I don't see the Conservative Party ripping themselves a part and its worth noting that Dominic Cummings isn't a Conservative party member. If Johnson was to go it would be interesting to see who would run to replace Johnson and who the Conservative Party MP's would vote for to narrow it down to final 2 before the Party members decide who they want. I'm after Johnson reshuffling his cabinet shortly and bring like Penny Mordaunt into a more senior minister role for example. Plus the Local Elections on the 6th of May

Yes I will be watching the Sophy Ridge show on Sky follow by the Andrew Marr Show tomorrow as per usual. Liz Truss and Jess Philips are the guests on the Sophy Ridge Show. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Johnson was the perfect fit to get Brexit done, facing a Labour party led by a racists moron, easy pickings. 

The Tories always shoot themselves in the foot chaddy, they rip themselves a part with infighting and power grabs, thats a real bonus for Labour because without that they'd have no chance of being in government. 

As many have predicated on here, Johnson will be lucky to see this year out, he's a buffoon, a clown and the joke is wearing thin months after a landslide election victory.

Dominic Cummings a hero of the left, who would have thought it 😂

Hypocrisy! 

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Johnson was the perfect fit to get Brexit done, facing a Labour party led by a racists moron, easy pickings. 

The Tories always shoot themselves in the foot chaddy, they rip themselves a part with infighting and power grabs, thats a real bonus for Labour because without that they'd have no chance of being in government. 

the opinion polls suggest something very different and Johnson's ratings are better than Starmer still despite us facing a major pandemic and recent events. They arent ripping them apart at all. 

Like I said Labour Party cant work elections without Scotland or working class voters so is that really going to change soon and is Starmer going to get that chance and how is he going to get Voters back with his policies whatever they are? 

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Johnson will be lucky to see this year out

Lets wait and see what happens in the 8 months

Keir Starmer could be forced to resign as Labour leader, according to one leading political polling expert. Dr Rakib Ehsan, an independent expert in British public attitudes, told talkRADIO that Sir Keir's future could hinge on the May election results. He told Mike Graham that it all "depends on how bad those elections result are" for the Labour Party

Keir Starmer crisis: Election defeat in May could spell humiliating end for Labour leader (msn.com)

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

the opinion polls suggest something very different and Johnson's ratings are better than Starmer still despite us facing a major pandemic and recent events. They arent ripping them apart at all. 

Like I said Labour Party cant work elections without Scotland or working class voters so is that really going to change soon and is Starmer going to get that chance and how is he going to get Voters back with his policies whatever they are? 

Lets wait and see what happens in the 8 months

Look how they treated May chaddy, she was thrown to the wolves, they don't care who they trample over, Johnson will be next, I'll be surprised if he fights the next election, I'll be surprised if he sees the year out as PM.

Labour are a shambles after Corbyn, but shoots of recovery are beginning to show, with anti-Semitism no longer tolerated and thats a start.

Edited by Gav

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Look how they treated May chaddy, she was thrown to the wolves, they don't are who they trample over, Johnson will be next, I'll be surprised if he fights the next election, I'll be surprised if he sees the year out as PM.

Labour are a shambles after Corbyn, but shoots of recovery are beginning to show, with anti-Semitism no longer tolerated and thats a start.

May couldnt get brexit done and lost a majority in the House of Commons in 2017 election. Plus having Grieve and Hammond in key Ministetial roles didnt help Brexit or talks. 

Shoots of recovery are beginning to show? What happens if Starmer and Labour lost the Hartlepool seat? 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

May couldnt get brexit done and lost a majority in the House of Commons in 2017 election. Plus having Grieve and Hammond in key Ministetial roles didnt help Brexit or talks. 

Shoots of recovery are beginning to show? What happens if Starmer and Labour lost the Hartlepool seat? 

May was ruthlessly destroyed by her fellow Tory MP's chaddy.

Its a body blow for Labour if they lose Hartlepool and shows that the old guard of Labour, the nasty part of the party are no longer required and Labour are simply out of touch.

The Labour party needs new blood, long gone of the halcyon days of strikes and unions destroying manufacturing in this country, times have moved on, Kier is trying to do just that, 4yrs until the next election, fingers crossed for a Labour renaissance. 

Edited by Gav

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

Look how they treated May chaddy, she was thrown to the wolves, they don't care who they trample over, Johnson will be next, I'll be surprised if he fights the next election, I'll be surprised if he sees the year out as PM.

The shoots of recovery.😂 

Johnson won't be going anywhere a lot of those newly elected MP's know that they owe their seats to him.

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

May was ruthlessly destroyed by her fellow Tory MP's chaddy.

Its a body blow for Labour if they lose Hartlepool and shows that the old guard of Labour, the nasty part of the party are no longer required and Labour are simply out of touch.

The Labour party needs new blood, long gone of the halcyon days of strikes and unions destroying manufacturing in this country, times have moved on, Kier is trying to do just that, 4yrs until the next election, fingers crossed for a Labour renaissance. 

May couldnt deliver Brexit and get a deal that could past Parliament..

Who is this new blood within the Labour party? Any names. So if the Labour party are out of touch then what policies do people want then? 

Next election is May 2024. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

May couldnt deliver Brexit and get a deal that could past Parliament..

Who is this new blood within the Labour party? Any names. So if the Labour party are out of touch then what policies do people want then? 

Next election is May 2024. 

May couldn’t deliver Brexit, agreed and as a result she was savaged by her MP’s - are you ok with that?

New blood is a new generation, it’s not just MP’s, it’s membership with new ideas, the old guard are full of old ideas, dinosaurs, politics has moved on, Labour hasn’t and it needs to. 

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, Gav said:

May couldn’t deliver Brexit agreed and as a result she was savaged by her MP’s - are you ok with that?

New blood is a new generation, it’s not just MP’s, it’s membership with new ideas, the old guard are full of old ideas, dinosaurs, politics has moved on, Labour hasn’t and it needs to. 

May was the wrong leader at the wrong time for me. I always expected George Osborne to became Conservative party leader after Cameron step down before brexit happened and Cameron and Osborne went very quickly after Brexit result from UK politics. 

And you think Labour can achieve all this in 3 years. What new ideas do you have policies issues Gav? And who are the old guard people like Corbyn, McDonnell and Mccluskey?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

May was the wrong leader at the wrong time for me. I always expected George Osborne to became Conservative party leader after Cameron step down before brexit happened and Cameron and Osborne went very quickly after Brexit result from UK politics. 

And you think Labour can achieve all this in 3 years. What new ideas do you have policies issues Gav? And who are the old guard people like Corbyn, McDonnell and Mccluskey?

May was saved by her fellow MP's, thrown in the gutter - Are you ok with that approach chaddy?

Then I'll be happy to answer your questions.

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

May was saved by her fellow MP's, thrown in the gutter - Are you ok with that approach chaddy?

Then I'll be happy to answer your questions.

Yes. Her Brexit deal couldnt get through Parliament and she lost the Conservative Party majority in the House of Commons in 2017 election..Brexit needed sorting as it 3 years since we voted to leave the EU