10 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Here's part of the Opinium report our favourite pollster wouldn't mention:

https://www.opinium.com/resource-center/uk-voting-intention-21st-april-2021/

"Over a third (37%) describe Boris Johnson as mostly or completely corrupt vs. 31% saying he is clean and honest."

opinium.xlsxUnavailable

And the part you didnt mention was Conservative party have 11 points lead over Labour Party despite this week stories. Poll was taken between 21-23 of April. Both Johnson and Starmer have +1 ratings being approved and disapproved. But head to head Johnson’s lead over Starmer is 10 points (35% vs. 25%). Starmer’s figure is the same as last time while Johnson has dropped 3 points from 38%

All polling data is there to read for posters when I posted the current polling data.. 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. Her Brexit deal couldnt get through Parliament and she lost the Conservative Party majority in the House of Commons in 2017 election..Brexit needed sorting as it 3 years since we voted to leave the EU

Fair enough, thanks for answering that chaddy.

To answer your questions on Labour, some of the old guard post on here, out of touch with modern politics, blaming everyone but themselves for the current mess the party is in, its a long way back if we listen to those views and excuses.

The new regime are still to be discovered, policies are Starmers problem, he doesn't need any at this point with years to go until the next election, but its a long way back for Labour.

Sadly I expect the Tories it be in power for the next 10-15yrs at least, thats a tragedy for the north and the poorest in society. 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And the part you didnt mention was Conservative party have 11 points lead over Labour Party despite this week stories. Poll was taken between 21-23 of April. Both Johnson and Starmer have +1 ratings being approved and disapproved. But head to head Johnson’s lead over Starmer is 10 points (35% vs. 25%). Starmer’s figure is the same as last time while Johnson has dropped 3 points from 38%

All polling data is there to read for posters when I posted the current polling data.. 

I didn't mention it because it wasn't relevant to the point I was making. The link was there for anyone who wanted to see all the information, because I prefer not to bore people with tedious copypastes of tweets.

Also I made the point some time ago that Starmer has raised the floor for Labour and probably won't go below around 32%. If he was looking to stabilise the support after he became leader, mission accomplished. Now, he's unlikely to get people chanting his name at Glastonbury, but I don't think he's bothered about that.

Only tangentially related, but the resurfacing of Cummings this week reminded me of this stat:

Dominic Cummings travelled further in lockdown with coronavirus than Crewe Alexandra have ever gone for a competitive game in their 144-year history.

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Fair enough, thanks for answering that chaddy.

To answer your questions on Labour, some of the old guard post on here, out of touch with modern politics, blaming everyone but themselves for the current mess the party is in, its a long way back if we listen to those views and excuses.

The new regime are still to be discovered, policies are Starmers problem, he doesn't need any at this point with years to go until the next election, but its a long way back for Labour.

Sadly I expect the Tories it be in power for the next 10-15yrs at least, thats a tragedy for the north and the poorest in society. 

No problem answering questions from yourself. Ask any more questions you have anytime. 

I dont think it's a tragedy for the north since the Conservative Party are investing in towns, infrastructure projects. Having MP's in Hyndburn, Burnley and Rossendale/Darwen areas will only help this situation. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No problem answering questions from yourself. Ask any more questions you have anytime. 

I dont think it's a tragedy for the north since the Conservative Party are investing in towns, infrastructure projects. Having MP's in Hyndburn, Burnley and Rossendale/Darwen areas will only help this situation. 

From today’s paper - 

“ A government scheme to create 250,000 jobs for young people in the wake of the pandemic has, in one of the regions most vulnerable to the crisis ( the North East ), has seen fewer than 500 16-24 year olds actually taking up posts. “

“ Last week, Johnson dropped plans to visit Scotland to campaign in the elections, fuelling suspicion that his party fears he would damage efforts to lure anti Independence voters away from Scottish Labour.

The change of plan came despite Johnson’s assertion in January that “ Wild Horses “ would not keep him from campaigning to save the union “.

Looks like the wild horses won that one.

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Utterly shameless. A cabinet of all the talentless. 

I had to laugh at the description of one of the senior ministers, Kwasi Kwarteng, in yesterday’s paper - “ Johnson’s shit carrier “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

From today’s paper - 

“ A government scheme to create 250,000 jobs for young people in the wake of the pandemic has, in one of the regions most vulnerable to the crisis ( the North East ), has seen fewer than 500 16-24 year olds actually taking up posts. “

Yes fully aware of the scheme as my Missus son is under the same scheme and working at The Range. 

All depends on the companies in the North East who have opt into the scheme and whether the people want those jobs. 

@jim mk2noticed no response to Your former party leader or PM Tony Blair using team of speechwriters to write his speeches and I even more worried that you don't think politicians in key roles don't used speech writers to their speeches?  

How Dominic Cummings was fingered by MI5 over 'Chatty Rat' leak: Probe by security services into WhatsApp messages sent after key top-level meeting ‘show ex-aide was responsible' 

How Dominic Cummings was fingered by MI5 WhatsApp probe over 'Chatty Rat' leak | Daily Mail Online

'Sour grapes!' Britons back Boris in public row with Cummings over Downing Street leaks

Nearly two-thirds (62 percent or 4,960 people) of people voting backed Mr Johnson in the row over the Downing Street leaks.

Just 36 percent (2,672 people) said they backed Dominic Cummings and two percent (190 people) said they didn't know.

A total of of 7,822 people took part in the online survey which ran between 10.30am and 9.30pm on Saturday April 24 2021.

'Sour grapes!' Britons back Boris in public row with Cummings over Downing Street leaks (msn.com)

Edited by chaddyrovers

2020: Dominic Cummings - Brexit genius and polymath

2022: Worthless nobody.

A year ago we had ministers wheeled out to tell us what an honest and reliable man Cummings was for simply doing 'what any father would have done'.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2020/may/24/boris-johnson-says-dominic-cummings-will-not-be-marked-down-for-lockdown-rule-breaking-video

A year later the same ministers are telling us how dishonest and duplicitous he is for spilling the beans on the PMs shenanigans.

Good old Keith Murdoch (90) and nondom-Rothermere

On 24/04/2021 at 20:46, chaddyrovers said:

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How Dominic Cummings was fingered by MI5 over 'Chatty Rat' leak: Probe by security services into WhatsApp messages sent after key top-level meeting ‘show ex-aide was responsible' 

How Dominic Cummings was fingered by MI5 WhatsApp probe over 'Chatty Rat' leak | Daily Mail Online

'Sour grapes!' Britons back Boris in public row with Cummings over Downing Street leaks

Nearly two-thirds (62 percent or 4,960 people) of people voting backed Mr Johnson in the row over the Downing Street leaks.

Just 36 percent (2,672 people) said they backed Dominic Cummings and two percent (190 people) said they didn't know.

A total of of 7,822 people took part in the online survey which ran between 10.30am and 9.30pm on Saturday April 24 2021.

'Sour grapes!' Britons back Boris in public row with Cummings over Downing Street leaks (msn.com)

Just to be clear in both posts you are saying public opinion is in Johnson's favour so it is ok. It is clear you are saying that in both posts. 

That means that:

1) Your moral compass is that if you can get away with it/if people don't complain it is ok. 

2) By that logic anything that had the populace's favour is/was ok - aparthide, fascism. 

Just to be clear again - popular approval isn't the same as morally acceptable. I'm not sure even you really hold to thar. For example if someone - and I stress this is a hypothetical example not a threat whatsoever - burned down your house but everyone thought it was ok, by the above logic that would make it ok. It's not a defense is it? 

Appreciate a repost. 

18 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Just to be clear in both posts you are saying public opinion is in Johnson's favour so it is ok. It is clear you are saying that in both posts. 

That means that:

1) Your moral compass is that if you can get away with it/if people don't complain it is ok. 

2) By that logic anything that had the populace's favour is/was ok - aparthide, fascism. 

Just to be clear again - popular approval isn't the same as morally acceptable. I'm not sure even you really hold to thar. For example if someone - and I stress this is a hypothetical example not a threat whatsoever - burned down your house but everyone thought it was ok, by the above logic that would make it ok. It's not a defense is it? 

Appreciate a repost. 

9 hours ago, Blue blood said:

That means that:

Appreciate a repost. 

Exactly why I find his 'logic' rather scary!

That means that:

Just to be clear again - popular approval isn't the same as morally acceptable.

The voting public in this country are ok with it Blue blood, they're the ones polled and they're the ones who keep voting the Tories into power, morals doesn't come into it clearly.

MP'S being whipped to vote against school meals in the holidays for kids, morals doesn't come into it, the public, your friends, my friends and work colleagues keep voting the Tories in.

You have to conclude that the country is morally bankrupt, because the list above goes on and on and on.............

Edited by Gav

That means that:

Appreciate a repost. 

Johnson lives in a moral vacuum and so does Chaddy. Surprise to anyone?

Sleaze was a big factor when Blair won that huge margin in 19197 so it may yet be his undoing.

On the other hand I said from the beginning that Johnson wouldn't be leading the Conservatives into the next election and I'll stick to that. 4 or 5 years of Johnson is a very long time and plenty of Tory MP's hate his guts.

I've read that line attributed to the PM for the past 5 minutes Jimbo, trying to convince myself that even that buffoon wouldn't come out with such a despicable comment.

But you know what, I think he would, careless words at the wrong time are his forte and if he's found to have said that he should resign, I agree fully with the contributor.