Politics

39 minutes ago, Gav said:

The voting public in this country are ok with it Blue blood, they're the ones polled and they're the ones who keep voting the Tories into power, morals doesn't come into it clearly.

MP'S being whipped to vote against school meals in the holidays for kids, morals doesn't come into it, the public, your friends, my friends and work colleagues keep voting the Tories in.

You have to conclude that the country is morally bankrupt, because the list above goes on and on and on.............

Indeed morally bankrupt is the word. Genuinely, I've not been into politics that long and generally have stayed in my lane of education on the subject of politics. But has there ever been a government like this, so morally feature, so blazenly corrupt, so spectacularly incompetent? I can't think of one. 

It's gutting we get more of a stink from the public over the ESL then we did over school meals and the like. 

Two quick points in response.

Firstly thankfully it's not everyone. There are still some people who oppose them and speak out. Shame it isn't more or they don't have more power. 

Secondly, I posted this in response to a poster saying it's ok what he is doing because the voting public still votes for him. Now that is terrifying. But my point is said poster values your opinion - perhaps you could challenge it, as it's something he has said repeatedly. He seems to respect you. 

That may get you on his ignore list, which I made for challenging his views rather than any personal attacks. But at least he might see the dangers of his argument. It's the beginnings of fanaticism. (His views, not your response.)

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The knives really are out in Rothermere Towers for Bozo

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've read that line attributed to the PM for the past 5 minutes Jimbo, trying to convince myself that even that buffoon wouldn't come out with such a despicable comment.

But you know what, I think he would, careless words at the wrong time are his forte and if he's found to have said that he should resign, I agree fully with the contributor. 

That it comes from the daily mail is a worrying sign, since they are somewhat right leaning. 

Shocking stuff but why would he resign? They haven't for any other of their many immoralities or incompetencies. 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

That it comes from the daily mail is a worrying sign, since they are somewhat right leaning. 

Shocking stuff but why would he resign? They haven't for any other of their many immoralities or incompetencies. 

In spite of being a right wing cheer leader the “ Mail “ has had it in for Johnson for quite a while. I think they’ve realised that his premiership is going to end in tears and they’d like him replaced with someone slightly less venal before it all goes tits up.

Jim, the issue shouldn't be that he said "let the bodies pile high", but rather, that the fact he actually did let the bodies pile high with his late lockdowns and open borders.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Simon Case,.the UK'S most senior civil servant is given evidence in front of Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Select Committee currently. Live on Sky News now

BBC ......... Johnson did make "bodies piled high" comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56890714

You have to say that comment does sound very like Johnson. 

After all, there was the Libyan city which he said would be the next Dubai when they cleared the dead bodies away. Plus, at the start of the pandemic, at a press conference, he pointed to a graph of forecast deaths and called it “the sombrero”. 

It’s very interesting that it was the Daily Mail that ran this story. Losing the Mail’s endorsement is a big loss for a right wing populist politician. 

He got Brexit dun and he's probably served his purpose and the Tories will ditch him when the polls start to sag

The unctious Gove has been quiet in all this - wouldn't be a surprise if he's behind the leaks

52 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

BBC ......... Johnson did make "bodies piled high" comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56890714

You have to say that comment does sound very like Johnson. 

After all, there was the Libyan city which he said would be the next Dubai when they cleared the dead bodies away. Plus, at the start of the pandemic, at a press conference, he pointed to a graph of forecast deaths and called it “the sombrero”. 

It’s very interesting that it was the Daily Mail that ran this story. Losing the Mail’s endorsement is a big loss for a right wing populist politician. 

He got Brexit dun and he's probably served his purpose and the Tories will ditch him when the polls start to sag

The unctious Gove has been quiet in all this - wouldn't be a surprise if he's behind the leaks

Gove is in the House of Commons currently answering an urgent question from SNP MP about the Minsterial Code Question. He just said in the Commons that He was in this meeting with PM and never heard any language like that in the meeting. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Why don’t the sources come out in public and say he said it? 

They have done damage already by leaking it. A public statement would mean a lot more than “my sources say”. 

It isn’t as if the comment in question is up for debate - if he did say it he should go. It’s not a lonely hill to die on for these leakers. 

If the reports of the alleged outburst are true and Johnson is repeatedly lying about it then surely he has to go !

Having said that part of me wants him to stay, he’ll wreck the Tory Party in the long run very much like Trump has wrecked the Republican Party.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gove is in the House of Commons currently answering an urgent question from SNP MP about the Minsterial Code Question. He just said in the Commons that He was in this meeting with PM and never heard any language like that in the meeting. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

So Gove said he didn't hear anything ......... while multiple sources say they did.

Quelle surprise

Now @jim mk2 credit where it is due. I mean this misdemeanour actually has warranted an acknowledgement. That's progress. 

Of course there's nothing to see here. Gove says it didn't happen so why on earth wouldn't you believe him as an impartial witness with no agenda in this whatsoever? Why wouldn't you believe him over multiple sources and a right wing newspaper criticising a right wing pm (which btw is often quoted as a reliable source on other issues by a certain other poster but suddenly has lost all credibility, strange.) 

And most depressing of all is the near catatonic apathy of many. The latest YouGov poll shows just 34% of the population following the affair closely or fairly closely.

For the other 66%, it's of only marginal or no interest.

Yet when a European Super League is threatened the low information voters are out on the streets in protest

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Yet when a European Super League is threatened the low information voters are out on the streets in protest

It might be the ESL that does for him if it's true he met Ed Woodward in No10 a few days before the ESL was announced, even though he claimed he knew nothing about it until it was announced.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If the reports of the alleged outburst are true and Johnson is repeatedly lying about it then surely he has to go !

Having said that part of me wants him to stay, he’ll wreck the Tory Party in the long run very much like Trump has wrecked the Republican Party.

I'm torn to be honest. The country needs better than him.

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

And most depressing of all is the near catatonic apathy of many. The latest YouGov poll shows just 34% of the population following the affair closely or fairly closely.

For the other 66%, it's of only marginal or no interest.

Cos People dont follow or interest politics closely like yourself. 

But people follow football passionate and it's the nation game..

It's why Starmer's 6 questions at PMQ'S should have been on football and ESL. 

So...

Theres a story being missed here in this “did he say it, didn’t he say it” saga.

Cummings said Johnson locked down too late in first instance.

Johnson accused of locking down too late for second lockdown.

Johnson stopped all testing at one point last March, allowing the virus to run free - until the scientists told him he was heading for 250,000 deaths.

Two witnesses prepared to stand under oath and say Johnson did say “let the bodies pile high”. 

Anyone get it? Following the science they said and some people believed it. Mainly because they wanted to believe it.

Edited by den

15 minutes ago, den said:

Anyone get it? Following the science they said and some people believed it. Mainly because they wanted to believe it.

Not you though eh den, nothing gets by you. Deary me. What a quite huge leap you have taken there.