BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Politics

Raphael Behr has a good article in today’s paper concerning Johnson. It ends - 

“ Downing Street is now a machine for generating vindictive enmity. This is not a phase, nor is it an accident. It is a new mode of government being improvised because events flattened the old ways. The court of King Boris combines the zealotry of a revolution with the conceit of an empire and the probity of gangsters. 
It is hard to predict how long such a regime can last, but two things can be forecast with confidence: the fall will be messy, and few who cheer Johnson today will boast of having done so once he is gone. “

A bit like Mowbray really.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

• Backroom

I think he has indeed set the trap.

And if these witnesses are now produced, and are credible, then it could be curtains for Boris.

Interesting to see how this plays out. 

Interestingly he hasn't denied he said about the pandemic "Let it rip" and Stamer did say "or words to that effect".

However on the basis of that question and the remarks he added I'm assuming Starmer has some stat decs in his possession or has seen some or has direct witness accounts.

Johnson has been heading in this direction ever since he was born so he will be banged to rights at some point---maybe this is it.

Also, Sky is quoting sources telling them that the renovations have cost £200000. Johnson is known to have been wandering around moaning he's broke! In any case who spends £200000 renovating a property you don't own and could be evicted from any day? Madness.

Will the next PM's wife decide she prefers John Lewis and the  renovations are renovated?

Meanwhile thousands have nowhere to live.

"I'm making it easier, it's now multiple choice."

What kind of Prime Minister would put himself in a position whereby he can’t answer the simplest of questions because of his total inability to behave properly and stop lieing?

Starmer crucified him by asking simple, honest questions.

Johnsons a disgrace.

• Backroom

Christ, Starmer absolutely had Johnson's number today. Haven't seen a weaker PM at PMQs since... well last month. And the month before that. And before that...

Instead of squirming and being evasive why doesn't Johnson just provide evidence of when the refurbishment payment was made and to who. Any honest person would just put it to bed by producing the evidence and exonerate themselves. Invoices, bank statements or transfers will carry that information.

Or maybe he is just telling lies.

If Johnson had just come out and said 'originally donors paid for it but I have since paid them back and not a penny of tax payers money has been spent on the refurbishment.' Then I don't think the public would have had much interest in it and the media interest would have soon died down.

But Johnson's first instinct is to always lie, he has now backed himself into a corner and this now is about more than how his refurbishment was paid but it is about he inability to tell the truth. The refurbishment issue is just the straw that broke the camels back. 

You can tell that Johnson is worried about this as was evidenced today by his bizarre behaviour at the end of Starmer's questions today where he was ranting like he was in a Berlin bunker in 1945. And I didn't even think that Starmer was that hard on Johnson today, more just laying the ground work for what may come and given Johnson's delirious ravings you have to wonder what more there may be to come.

£800 for a wallpaper roll but no food vouchers to feed hungry kids.

Spend taxpayers money doing up No 10 flat but leaseholders in lethal high rise flats must for their own fire extinguishers

£2.7m for a media room without a single press conference being held

No payrise for nurses just let the bodies pile up

Question Dom's honesty yet entire cabinet backed him during Barnard Castle trip

Texted Dyson yet no ventilators were actually produced

How long before it penetrates red wallers' thick skulls that this lot are useless and corrupt?

• Moderation Lead

My favourite part, was his mistress wanting to change it from Theresa May’s decor, as it was too much like ‘John Lewis’.

I wish my house was too much like John Lewis!

28 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

My favourite part, was his mistress wanting to change it from Theresa May’s decor, as it was too much like ‘John Lewis’.

I had a look at some of the work produced by the interior designer his floozy has employed. Give me John Lewis any day. As Mrs Shoelaces says “ Her sense of taste must be all in her mouth “. Shacking up with Johnson is all the evidence you need of that.

13 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

If Johnson had just come out and said 'originally donors paid for it but I have since paid them back and not a penny of tax payers money has been spent on the refurbishment.' Then I don't think the public would have had much interest in it and the media interest would have soon died down.

But Johnson's first instinct is to always lie, he has now backed himself into a corner and this now is about more than how his refurbishment was paid but it is about he inability to tell the truth. The refurbishment issue is just the straw that broke the camels back. 

You can tell that Johnson is worried about this as was evidenced today by his bizarre behaviour at the end of Starmer's questions today where he was ranting like he was in a Berlin bunker in 1945. And I didn't even think that Starmer was that hard on Johnson today, more just laying the ground work for what may come and given Johnson's delirious ravings you have to wonder what more there may be to come.

I think he’s realised that the Indians are circling his waggon.

Here you go, the full murky story from the Mail. No wonder Johnson won’t answer any questions. The behaviour of these people is reprehensible. 

and they tell us there’s no money for nurses or school meals. They’re in a different world to us normal folk.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9518183/amp/Boriss-despairing-cry-Downing-St-aides-lavish-new-decor.html?__twitter_impression=true

What I don’t understand is why he’s letting Carrie bloody Symonds spend nearly 90k renovating a flat he only has a finite time in!! Talk about thinking with the wrong head.

Also...they budget 30k a year to renovate the flat from our money? I’m sorry...what? You need 5k maximum for regular upkeep of a property with an occasional higher expenditure coming out when required. 30k a year is ridiculous. 

As I understand it the £30K annual allowance is just for decoration, not for the overall upkeep of the flat. So stuff like roof issues, replacing windows, fixing the heating are all dealt with separately i.e. all the stuff that would cost normal people the most. It takes a certain type of designer to charge that amount to make a place look like a downmarket brothel and fantastic gullibility to be willing to order it. I guess it might be the sort of look Johnson is familiar with though.

Deadbeat Dad in No 10 he has picked a girlfriend whose tastes are beyond his means, it seems.  

The voters have picked a corrupt PM whose incompetence and ability to tell lies is beyond our imagination.  

It will not end well.

Let the the bodies pile up. 

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

As I understand it the £30K annual allowance is just for decoration, not for the overall upkeep of the flat. So stuff like roof issues, replacing windows, fixing the heating are all dealt with separately i.e. all the stuff that would cost normal people the most. It takes a certain type of designer to charge that amount to make a place look like a downmarket brothel and fantastic gullibility to be willing to order it. I guess it might be the sort of look Johnson is familiar with though.

In my 5k assessment I had them very things in mind o2g! 

If it was just for yearly decoration then a good tin of paint has gone up since I last looked 😂 they live in a different world to us these folk. 

Out of interest does anyone know when the 30k per year was decided or has it been a forever cost to the tax payer that we should lavishly redecorate Downing St every year? Personally I’d prefer if we spent 30k cleaning up the canals around Brum - they are getting worse 

34 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

In my 5k assessment I had them very things in mind o2g! 

If it was just for yearly decoration then a good tin of paint has gone up since I last looked 😂 they live in a different world to us these folk. 

Out of interest does anyone know when the 30k per year was decided or has it been a forever cost to the tax payer that we should lavishly redecorate Downing St every year? Personally I’d prefer if we spent 30k cleaning up the canals around Brum - they are getting worse 

I had assumed that the £30K was an allowance maximum and assumed that it wasn't all spent every year. I'm guessing that Blair and Cameron might have spent quite a bit but Brown and May nothing like as much. But I bet they all managed to squeeze into the allowance and not completely bust it.

As a narrowboat owner I know the canals around Brum very well and every time I go the main lines are getting more and more gentrified - you should have seen them in the 70s! Admittedly there are a few more unreconstructed parts which I still enjoy.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

They've bitten back nicely:

Am sure we have been through this - public opinion is not the same as morally acceptable - e.g. aparthide, the Nazis etc. So don't really think posting the latest opinion polls is adding much insight into the current misdemeanours. Any actual thoughts on any issues that the current situation brings up? 

On Scottish independence this article I found quite helpful @chaddyrovers. Seems quite an interesting read on where Scottish politics is at currently. 

https://news.sky.com/story/scottish-election-2021-how-independence-and-brexit-are-shaping-the-vote-12276239

Appreciate a repost if possible.