7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Am sure we have been through this - public opinion is not the same as morally acceptable - e.g. aparthide, the Nazis etc. So don't really think posting the latest opinion polls is adding much insight into the current misdemeanours. Any actual thoughts on any issues that the current situation brings up? 

On Scottish independence this article I found quite helpful @chaddyrovers. Seems quite an interesting read on where Scottish politics is at currently. 

https://news.sky.com/story/scottish-election-2021-how-independence-and-brexit-are-shaping-the-vote-12276239

Appreciate a repost if possible. 

There you go

Scottish indy is interesting in what is shows about English Tories

Research in 2018 by Edinburgh university’s Centre on Constitutional Change indicated that nearly three-quarters of English Conservative voters would accept Scotland’s departure as a price worth paying for Brexit.

And a 2019 YouGov survey found 63 per cent of Tory party activists would sacrifice the union to leave the EU. There was similar indifference to Northern Ireland.

The Tories' embrace of English nationalism is underscored by its “red wall” seats in England voting solidly behind Brexit.

"Take back control" always meant handing full control to the right-wing of the Conservative party to do what they want, for whatever reason.

The country is being dragged down a horrible, nationalistic, intolerant path by rich, incompetent public schoolboys, out for the biggest jape, ever.

The UK may break as a result - but they'll be alright, Jack

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnsons-flat-pm-says-he-will-have-final-say-on-investigation-into-how-refurb-was-funded-12290082

Well, yeah that makes sense. The person being investigated has the final say as to whether the investigation should move forward. I mean even by their standards it seems a bit too blatantly bias and corrupt. It's like putting criminals on the jury - words fail me as to how low this government can sink. 

As an aside whilst I'm not too sure Sky is a greatly middle of the road political news hub it's been better than the BBC lapdogs. It has an interesting article on all the unresolved questions of the whole refurbishment saga, showing the gravity of the issue. BBC said very little on the matter. 

The government (Hancock) failed to produce the texts and emails that the court required in the good law projects case against the alleged unfair awarding of contracts for PPE equipment to Tory friends and donors.

A VIP WhatsApp group was formed in order to prioritise contracts to the VIP members. 

The court has ordered the health secretary to disclose the relevant communication that might explain who and how these VIP’s became priority clients to the detriment of everyone else.

“Government used exclusive WhatsApp group to give 'VIP' CEOs info about PPE deals”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/government-used-exclusive-whatsapp-group-24007784

The court ordered the govt to pay the goodlawprojects costs. The court had already ordered the govt to disclose the details of all contracts, which they haven’t done.

Edited by den
7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Current YouGov opinion Poll

Opinion poll on Scottish independence 

At last he appears---with no comment at all on what has been happening.!

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Laughable post considering the last 12 _hours of debate.  Been to the pictures Chaddy Wenger? " I did not see it"🇨🇵

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And what's your opinion on Johnson and his spokespeople likening living with the most middle class furniture you can buy to 'living in a skip'?

Do you find that a sensible thing to say?

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Laughable post considering the last 12 _hours of debate.  Been to the pictures Chaddy Wenger? " I did not see it"🇨🇵

I called him the Artful Dodger but my post was deleted. Why?

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, 47er said:

I called him the Artful Dodger but my post was deleted. Why?

It was collateral damage as it quoted a post we hid. Sorry about that!
P.S- Going forward, as a reminder, if we want to question hidden posts, can we use ‘ask admin’ or just DM a mod? 
Ta.

As much as I think Boris is a conniving sleaze ball and a disgraceful leader, and as much as I think Wallpapergate typifies the crony that he is, I don't think it will damage him. In fact, it could end up damaging those pointing the fingers more if they continue to make it the issue of the day.

Don't get me wrong. A Prime Minister should lead by example, and with integrity. The pillock-incumbent can't be bothered doing the former, and has absolutely none of the latter - never mind the rest of the traits he's supposed to carry. Inquiries should certainly look into any abuse of financing and punish accordingly. However, I think the opposition need to be mindful of how far they focus on this. They are getting consumed by Boris and his antics, whereas the public probably just see it as squabbling over a relatively small thing that amounts to around five average annual salaries.

I mean maybe this whole saga typifies politicians at-large. One carrying out misdemeanours that he shouldn't be getting away with, and his opposite number banging on about it. Meanwhile, the country is in the midst of a crisis that might be looking OK now, but it certainly needs to be kept on top of. Let the inquiry do its job, and get back to the big issues that matter a whole lot more to the public.

16 hours ago, Meesh said:

As much as I think Boris is a conniving sleaze ball and a disgraceful leader, and as much as I think Wallpapergate typifies the crony that he is, I don't think it will damage him. In fact, it could end up damaging those pointing the fingers more if they continue to make it the issue of the day.

Don't get me wrong. A Prime Minister should lead by example, and with integrity. The pillock-incumbent can't be bothered doing the former, and has absolutely none of the latter - never mind the rest of the traits he's supposed to carry. Inquiries should certainly look into any abuse of financing and punish accordingly. However, I think the opposition need to be mindful of how far they focus on this. They are getting consumed by Boris and his antics, whereas the public probably just see it as squabbling over a relatively small thing that amounts to around five average annual salaries.

I mean maybe this whole saga typifies politicians at-large. One carrying out misdemeanours that he shouldn't be getting away with, and his opposite number banging on about it. Meanwhile, the country is in the midst of a crisis that might be looking OK now, but it certainly needs to be kept on top of. Let the inquiry do its job, and get back to the big issues that matter a whole lot more to the public.

An opposition party is better off not to highlight government corruption? I don’t get the thinking behind that.

Anyway, I don’t usually post polls, but this poll is from survation. Survation, if I remember correctly, have been one of the most reliable General Election polling companies.

According to this poll, highlighting the governments sleaze seems to be going well. Wonder if Chaddy would have posted this?

I was talking to a former Labour MP this week who is convinced Labour are narrowing the gap in Hartlepool and will hold the seat. I was surprised to say the least, I've read nothing that suggests that will be the case, but the former MP is closer to this than I am, so fingers and toes crossed.

Kier deserves an early moral victory, put the dark shadow of Corbyn and anti-Semitism well and truly to bed.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

put the dark shadow of Corbyn and anti-Semitism well and truly to bed.

The question is---will you? Ever?

2 hours ago, den said:

An opposition party is better off not to highlight government corruption? I don’t get the thinking behind that.

Anyway, I don’t usually post polls, but this poll is from survation. Survation, if I remember correctly, have been one of the most reliable General Election polling companies.

According to this poll, highlighting the governments sleaze seems to be going well. Wonder if Chaddy would have posted this?

No, too busy,working nights, hasn't read that!

3 hours ago, den said:

I never said that the opposition shouldn't highlight it, but I think they have to simply add it to the charge sheet for the electorate to contemplate. I just don't think it's a good look when COVID-19 is still an issue, and infinitely more people have been affected by the government's disgraceful handling of it than some £200K apartment refurbishment.

I think the government is going through a purple patch with COVID-19 because they've clearly thrown money at vaccinations to give both themselves a bit of reprieve, and the country a bit of a gee up, but I can't help but feel that nobody truly believes we're almost through it, and I do wonder what the financial ramifications of paying quadruple the going rate will be.

This saga is far from over. Starmer, of course, needs to remain constructive for now, but there will come a time when he'll need to got to town on the government. It's probably a good thing that there isn't another election for a few years. Time is on Starmer's side, but I think he needs it (through no fault of his own).

18 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I never said that the opposition shouldn't highlight it, but I think they have to simply add it to the charge sheet for the electorate to contemplate. I just don't think it's a good look when COVID-19 is still an issue, and infinitely more people have been affected by the government's disgraceful handling of it than some £200K apartment refurbishment.

I think the government is going through a purple patch with COVID-19 because they've clearly thrown money at vaccinations to give both themselves a bit of reprieve, and the country a bit of a gee up, but I can't help but feel that nobody truly believes we're almost through it, and I do wonder what the financial ramifications of paying quadruple the going rate will be.

This saga is far from over. Starmer, of course, needs to remain constructive for now, but there will come a time when he'll need to got to town on the government. It's probably a good thing that there isn't another election for a few years. Time is on Starmer's side, but I think he needs it (through no fault of his own).

They need to make sure the rap sheet is about lies and lying rather than specific scandal.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

The question is---will you? Ever?

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What's gone wrong for Sir Keir Starmer's party since December?

The opposition sees its lead in the polls evaporate in a few months and now lags consistently behind the Tories, data indicates.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/labour-whats-gone-wrong-for-sir-keir-starmers-party-since-december-12291340

The polling isn't looking so good for your untrustworthy mate either.

Daily Mail poll shows Tory party lead has been slashed to just 1%  | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Ewood Ace
On 30/04/2021 at 07:48, Mike E said:

And what's your opinion on Johnson and his spokespeople likening living with the most middle class furniture you can buy to 'living in a skip'?

Do you find that a sensible thing to say?

unaware of those comments so could you post me a link so I can read them?

45 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The polling isn't looking so good for your untrustworthy mate either.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/04/30/21/42428908-9531149-image-a-14_1619814470937.jpg

well its depends on what polling info you read whether its the YouGov(just over 1800 people asked) which samples more people than the Survation poll(just over 1000 people asked) did. There is different polls which shows 7 or 8 points lead for Conservative party. But other polls show a closer gaps. I tend to look at polling data like number of people asked, social groups asked and regions. 

Britain Elects (@BritainElects) / Twitter

But its well be interesting what the local elections results and which issues decide the way people voted. 

Posted (edited)

there are about 3 pages on the comments on this thread about the incidents. Also they were made public in your beloved Mail. If it was something to do with Labour you would be all over it and let everyone Know about it.

Edited by jodrell

Local elections 2021: Labour set to lose dozens of Red Wall seats to Tories amid vaccine rollout success

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14823965/labour-lose-red-wall-seats-tories/

We don’t give a monkey’s about Boris Johnson’s curtains, say Hartlepool voters ahead of local elections

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14826683/boris-johnsons-hartlepool-voters/