How is this not trolling by Chaddy? He says he hasn't seen these comments despite there being several pages of this on them and links to a paper - which he reads and/or has at least quoted - and the fact he has his finger on the pulse politically with every positive Tory story/negative Labour one. This clearly is a blatant lie. 

On top of that he ignores everyone else's points, ducks every uncomfortable question, and solely posts polls in favour of the Tories, which is not engagement in the discussion at all. How is this not trolling or WUMing or taking the piss? Genuine question for mods. I don't get it.

And again, I'm not anti-Tory, although am strongly anti this shower of a government for their incompetence and immorality. I don't mind different opinions. I do however object to spamming and a general piss take which seems to be what happens here. - 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

unaware of those comments so could you post me a link so I can read them?

In fairness I haven't heard that exact phrasing myself, but am not sure you can be unaware of the sentiment, that John Lewis isn't good enough for our illustrious PM. 

For starters you've clearly read Sky News politics - you've posted a link from there (an interesting read which I think is sadly accurate, but I digress.) The thing is if you have been reading Sky News, then it's had a fair bit on there about how John Lewis wasn't good enough for the PM, extensive articles on it in fact, so the sentiment could not be a surprise to you. 

That's on top of you somehow knowing all the positive Tory political stories and negative Labour ones yet missing the whole John Lewis isn't good enough for Boris. And somehow missing it in this thread despite it coming up in the previous pages. 

Mind you the bigger issues are him breaking the rules with impunity and continuing to lie about it, not to mention who he is beholden to because of this. 

I'll finish with another article from sky news which I think is also rather telling: 

https://news.sky.com/story/pmqs-didnt-help-much-these-key-unanswered-questions-remain-over-boris-johnsons-flat-refurb-12289400

Appreciate a repost.    

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They were said live by Gove's wife in a BBC radio interview. I think it was on "Today".

I hope that helps you to find them.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Local elections 2021: Labour set to lose dozens of Red Wall seats to Tories amid vaccine rollout success

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14823965/labour-lose-red-wall-seats-tories/

We don’t give a monkey’s about Boris Johnson’s curtains, say Hartlepool voters ahead of local elections

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14826683/boris-johnsons-hartlepool-voters/

Your beloved Dear Leader and his spokespeople have said that a flat decorated with John Lewis furnishings is a 'nightmare' and equated it to 'living in a skip'.

The people of Hartlepool might not care but everyone that works for John Lewis, Waitrose, Peter Jones, Herbert Parkinson etc has just been pretty publicly spat in the face by their Prime Minister.

So much for pride in British produce, eh?

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Your beloved Dear Leader and his spokespeople have said that a flat decorated with John Lewis furnishings is a 'nightmare' and equated it to 'living in a skip'.

The people of Hartlepool might not care but everyone that works for John Lewis, Waitrose, Peter Jones, Herbert Parkinson etc has just been pretty publicly spat in the face by their Prime Minister.

So much for pride in British produce, eh?

Johnson is leader the country so he is leader aswell. 

No link provided to this supposedly story? 

They were a YouGov poll on whether people were interested in these stories and majority are not or little interest. Jim posted it last week. 

People aren't interested what the PM flat looks like or who paid for it as long as it wasnt the tax payers. There is reviews into this so let's see how what they concluded. He and his missus should be allowed to decorated their flat to their taste. I think its looks bloody awful and ain't my taste. 

People are interested that we start unlocking the country so people can get back to normality whether its meeting family members and Friends, go to football or cinema or theatre, go days out. Creating jobs, businesses reopening and people being to meet outside and shortly inside aswell. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

They were a YouGov poll on whether people were interested in these stories and majority are not or little interest. Jim posted it last week. 

People aren't interested what the PM flat looks like or who paid for it as long as it wasnt the tax payers. There is reviews into this so let's see how what they concluded. He and his missus should be allowed to decorated their flat to their taste. I think its looks bloody awful and ain't my taste. 

People are interested that we start unlocking the country so people can get back to normality whether its meeting family members and Friends, go to football or cinema or theatre, go days out. Creating jobs, businesses reopening and people being to meet outside and shortly inside aswell. 

Here you go, from a righht wing rag as well, so the can be no accusation of bias

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/sarah-vine-boris-can-t-be-expected-to-live-in-a-skip-

As Flatgate rumbles on, it appears the government has adopted a new communications approach to a controversy involving the Prime Minister's spouse: send for Michael Gove's wife. The Daily Mail columnist Sarah Vine popped up on Radio 4's Today programme this morning to firefight the situation – an interesting choice given her love of incendiary quotes in her weekly columns. Presenter Nick Robinson asked Vine what she made of the row over whether £58,000 of Tory party money was spent on renovating part of No. 10 to which the latter responded with gusto:

“The thing about the whole No 10. refurbishment thing is that the Prime Minister can't be expected to live in a skip. He has to live to a certain standard and the problem with all of these political things like this is that no one is ever prepared to bite the bullet, no one is ever prepared to say 'Look, this building does need to be maintained, there do need to be decent furnishings, we do need to have a fund that pays for it, let's just do it.'

Edited by Jimbo
59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He and his missus should be allowed to decorated their flat to their taste. I think its looks bloody awful and ain't my taste.

So long as he doesn't break the rules or the law of course.

Posted (edited)

From this weeks “ Private Eye “.

” Yet another former Labour MP has turned to gambling for an income: Anna Turley, an MP until she lost her Redcar seat in the 2019 election, now describes herself as a “ sports consultant to the Betting and Gaming Council “ - the industry lobby for big gambling companies.

Turley’s lobbying role follows in the footsteps of Michael Dugher, who was Labour MP for Barnsley East and a shadow minister and a Labour vice chair until the 2017 election, when he stood down after rejecting Labour’s  leftward swing. Last year he became chief executive of the Betting and Gaming Council - where presumably he had a hand in Turley’s  appointment. Dugher was also close to former Labour deputy leader Tom Watson, who last year became an adviser to Paddy Power.

Turley announced her new role in a “ sponsored “ article for the “ New Statesman “ - an advertorial paid for by the Betting and Gaming Council - where she argued that “  as the former MP for Redcar “ she knows that “ Red wall voters are savvy “ and do not want tighter regulation of gambling, especially “ affordability “ checks. She cited the results of focus groups paid for by the Betting and Gaming Council and run by, er, Tory led lobbying company Public First, which supposedly showed voters rejecting tighter gambling regulation.

The involvement of so many former Labour MPs in gambling industry lobbying is awkward given the party’s attack on the Tories over industry lobbying and the revolving door with government . Turley has been retweeting Labour complaints about Tory “ sleeze “, business lobbying and MPs second jobs on her Twitter account. We asked the Betting and Gaming Council if this wasn’t a case of the the pot calling the kettle black. It said Turley would respond with a statement, but none arrived.”

All three of those ex MP’s were vociferous critics of Jeremy Corbyn, it’s a shame they don’t have his integrity. I can’t see him becoming a “ bookies runner “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course people are interested because it's the effect of the tip of the iceberg. If he's lying about this (and breaking the law to do it), then what else has he lied about?

I note you also don't mind that he said 'let the bodies pile high'. Some leader!

As for links to the story, I'd ask if you've been living in a cave but it's clear you don't because you take every opportunity to defend the PM. You clearly know that the comment was made, but you don't care about your leader going out of his way to lie to you and break the law.

You'll be ordering some Doc Martens and a brown shirt to be sent to your local beer hall next.

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Of course people are interested because it's the effect of the tip of the iceberg. If he's lying about this (and breaking the law to do it), then what else has he lied about?

I note you also don't mind that he said 'let the bodies pile high'. Some leader!

As for links to the story, I'd ask if you've been living in a cave but it's clear you don't because you take every opportunity to defend the PM. You clearly know that the comment was made, but you don't care about your leader going out of his way to lie to you and break the law.

You'll be ordering some Doc Martens and a brown shirt to be sent to your local beer hall next.

I wouldn't complicate things too much Mike. He is simply trolling. 

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

I wouldn't complicate things too much Mike. He is simply trolling. 

I do wonder how it is allowed on here. I mean it's as clear as day, blatant, yet seems to go utterly unchallenged. 

Or if he is genuine (although pretty certain he isn't) then Mike's brown uniform reference is very apt. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Chaddy is quite right, people simply aren't interested Mike.

Some polling on Peston, Wednesday night, showed the scandal wasn't on most peoples radars at all and had failed to break through sadly.

Then we have Kier Starmers name being put to some college students in Dudley yesterday, they had no idea who he was.....

Politics maybe a hot topic on here, but out in the real world most couldn't care less.

• Moderation Lead
20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well its depends on what polling info you read whether its the YouGov(just over 1800 people asked) which samples more people than the Survation poll(just over 1000 people asked) did. There is different polls which shows 7 or 8 points lead for Conservative party. But other polls show a closer gaps. I tend to look at polling data like number of people asked, social groups asked and regions. 

Britain Elects (@BritainElects) / Twitter

But its well be interesting what the local elections results and which issues decide the way people voted. 

To be fair Chaddy, they’re on the previous pages, or you could just Google them....

I’m not bothered which way you vote, it’s your life, but it is coming across as being very frustrating to just completely ignore negative stuff about the PM, then to post polls, then ask for proof of something!

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Local elections 2021: Labour set to lose dozens of Red Wall seats to Tories amid vaccine rollout success

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14823965/labour-lose-red-wall-seats-tories/

We don’t give a monkey’s about Boris Johnson’s curtains, say Hartlepool voters ahead of local elections

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14826683/boris-johnsons-hartlepool-voters/

TORY POLL LEAD SLASHED AS KEY ELECTIONS LOOM ACROSS BRITAIN

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/01/tory-poll-lead-slashed-as-key-elections-loom-across-britain

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Then we have Kier Starmers name being put to some college students in Dudley yesterday, they had no idea who he was.....

Neither do I.

Keir Starmer is the leader of the Labour party, though.

34 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

Neither do I.

Keir Starmer is the leader of the Labour party, though.

Kier are a construction company I've had dealings with many times over the years, got them on the brain clearly...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 47er said:

I was told last week that Labour will hold Hartlepool, I was surprised to say the least.

Be interesting to see what happens on Thursday.

I've posted my vote, which includes a vote for the local mayor too.

Edited by Gav
4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Who are the people who are interested in it? Where is it being discussed MIke? Not in my workplace or my social media accounts or in my daily life

Local elections will be about local issues like Council tax increases, potholes, local services. 

Did he say it? cos he denying it and Gove has said he never heard any languages like that. So who is saying he is saying this? 

No I have not been living in a cave but been busy working, sleeping, spending time with my missus and step daughter or following Football like ESL or Mowbray future or other Rovers related stories. You will find the Majority of working class people are the same and what their main priorities are. How many of these people have genuine interest in Politics like myself? I guess not many

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Chaddy is quite right, people simply aren't interested Mike.

Some polling on Peston, Wednesday night, showed the scandal wasn't on most peoples radars at all and had failed to break through sadly.

Politics maybe a hot topic on here, but out in the real world most couldn't care less.

Yes Gav, People are interested at all in Politics currently. They are interested in getting back to some sort of normality after the 13 months of restrictions and lockdown measures. The Economy is growing, Jobs being created, more socials venues opening back up whether its Pubs, restaurants, cafes, cinemas already or after the 17th May, Local traffic restrictions lifted now. 

I have been out for Lunch today with Best friend and his missus. They aren't interested in politics and completely unaware of this week events despite of it being reported on TV news channels or newspapers as they don't watch them or read them or even who their own MP is in Blackburn area. I imagine quite alot of country is the same tbh. 

Cos college students aren't interested in Politics at that age. More about Reality TV and TV shows or sports. 

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair Chaddy, they’re on the previous pages, or you could just Google them....

I’m not bothered which way you vote, it’s your life, but it is coming across as being very frustrating to just completely ignore negative stuff about the PM, then to post polls, then ask for proof of something!

If People are ignore list then I wouldn't have seen them Would I? 

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

I was told last week that Labour will hold Hartlepool, I was surprised to say the least.

Be interesting to see what happens on Thursday.

I've posted my vote, which includes a vote for the local mayor too.

Gav, Its will be interesting what happens on Thursday and when results start coming through Thursday night/Friday night. 

I will vote after work on Thursday morning

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did he say it? cos he denying it and Gove has said he never heard any languages like that. So who is saying he is saying this? 

Because Johnson and Gove are such a trustworthy pair aren't they? Johnson who has been sacked for lying twice and cheated on both his wives. The you have Gove who stabbed Johnson in the back after the referendum to try to get the leadership for himself. Gove was also very careful with his words he said that he never heard him say it not that he didn't say it.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I have not been living in a cave but been busy working, sleeping, spending time with my missus and step daughter or following Football like ESL or Mowbray future or other Rovers related stories. You will find the Majority of working class people are the same and what their main priorities are. How many of these people have genuine interest in Politics like myself? I guess not many

It is rather a coincidence though that you talk on here about watching the news and watching the Parliament channel and are constantly posting links to stories and polls. Yet when the Tories are having a bad week and under scrutiny you just happen to be asleep. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos college students aren't interested in Politics at that age. More about Reality TV and TV shows or sports. 

That's a very big generalisation and a rather lazy tabloid stereotype. In fact I'd say that students are getting more and more politically engaged. 

Appreciate a repost here. 

@chaddyrovers is clearly lying about having missed it as proved by his Sky News link the other day. The analysis section from which the link is taken is AFTER the news articles which had several about the renovation scandal and one after as well. He had to have seen them as he scrolled down to the article he posted. 

Then there's @Ewood Ace excellent point 

"It is rather a coincidence though that you talk on here about watching the news and watching the Parliament channel and are constantly posting links to stories and polls. Yet when the Tories are having a bad week and under scrutiny you just happen to be asleep."

More than a coincidence. It's just not possible, especially given how often there have been scandals of late! And again on top of that Chaddy has somehow had the time to find a poll in his favour and yet also missed looking at politics at the same time missing said comments. How can both happen at the same time? He's contradicting himself, it's clear lies. 

It's like me claiming to be Travis or Nayambe - there's no credibility in it whatsoever and I would rightly be called out for spouting bull and being a WUM. Chaddy's comments have just as much credibility and don't stand up to any scrutiny on jere and yet he's allowed a free pass. Why is his clear lies and bull tolerated?

And @chaddyrovers what pleasure do you get from being a WUM? 

Appreciate a repost. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Because Johnson and Gove are such a trustworthy pair aren't they?

Both comments were made in the House of commons. 

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

It is rather a coincidence though that you talk on here about watching the news and watching the Parliament channel and are constantly posting links to stories and polls. Yet when the Tories are having a bad week and under scrutiny you just happen to be asleep. 

I worked nights Ewood Ace so I sleep during the day so most of the coverage of parliament. I do watch some of it when I wake up for my dinner if the debate interested me otherwise its top gear on Dave or Air Crash Investigation on National Geographic channel before more sleep before back to work for me.

So what I watched from parliament this week? I watched the urgent question to Michael Gove on Monday from 3.30pm to 4.30pm, then I watched PMQ's on Wednesday. How much of Parliament have you watched in the last week? 

On watching the news? I've seen bits and snippets of the news headlines but no watched of the news until Friday evening around 6pm when I watched Sky news for around 30 mins when its discussing the current poll from YouGov and why Starmer's message isn't getting through to voters. I posted the link to that story yesterday on this thread. 

11 point lead according to YouGov so is it a bad week? Guess it depending which polls you want believe. I tend to look deeper into the polling data like social groups or area groups and how many people were asked in the poll. Would be interest to see the latest polling info on Hartlepool and what each party internal polls are showing. 

Also hoping that Hyndburn has Conservative led council after Thursday Local elections. 

My actively in this thread has been low for different reasons and only 4 posts in this thread from Monday morning to Friday night. Lets remember this is football messageboard and my passionate is for Rovers and football before politics 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Keir Starmer faces hard-Left coup if he doesn't revive party fortunes

27-year-old Labour MP and Left-wing firebrand Zarah Sultana as one potential real 'socialist leader' to take the helm in the future.

The warnings come ahead of a week which could decide Sir Keir's fate, with the party battling to stop the Tories seizing the formerly safe Labour seat of Hartlepool.

Party insiders have claimed if he loses the Red Wall seat on Thursday, both the Left and Right of the party will begin serious moves to replace him.

There are also fears that Labour could lose key mayoral elections in the West Midlands and Teesside and – according to a YouGov poll yesterday – nearly 90 local council seats across its former Northern heartlands.

Keir Starmer faces hard-Left coup if he doesn't revive party fortunes (msn.com)

Presumably that they aren't supposed to lie to Parliament. What Chaddy appears to have missed is that Johnson lies regardless of where he is, and Gove is a disgusting excuse for a politician. Neither of them have any idea how to tell the truth

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Presumably that they aren't supposed to lie to Parliament. What Chaddy appears to have missed is that Johnson lies regardless of where he is, and Gove is a disgusting excuse for a politician. Neither of them have any idea how to tell the truth

What Chaddy has missed is that in his bid to slate Labour he has exposed himself as a whopping liar. In finding said link he'd have seen a host of other articles all about the scandal on sky's home page.