BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Politics

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/reactions-to-laura-kuenssbergs-article-about-pms-relationship-with-truth-without-using-any-examples-267415/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=sfeu&fbclid=IwAR3xh04YBImnT514Xtsc8m89laq0wkcEVU_NCNeELgmSCkIJOOXJuqqWiQA

Great article and Twitter response showing that the BBC are well and truly biased towards the Conservatives. No wonder they have blind support when this sort of impartiality exists. 

I read the whole Kuensberg article thinking 'Has she finally turned on him?' but no, of course she hasn't. It was a pathetic piece. I've disliked her attitude and nasty sneering way of delivering things since I first became aware of her during a General Election campaign a fair few years ago. 

Didn't Gove later admit he wasn't in the room when the remarks by Johnson were made?

Therefore, in his world, he is telling the truth. He didn't hear them!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/reactions-to-laura-kuenssbergs-article-about-pms-relationship-with-truth-without-using-any-examples-267415/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=sfeu&fbclid=IwAR3xh04YBImnT514Xtsc8m89laq0wkcEVU_NCNeELgmSCkIJOOXJuqqWiQA

Great article and Twitter response showing that the BBC are well and truly biased towards the Conservatives. No wonder they have blind support when this sort of impartiality exists. 

Kuenssberg doing her utmost to protect Johnson.  It’s an article undoubtedly aiming to reduce the fury at Johnsons undeniable continual  lieing.

Its in line with everything the BBC have been doing for at least the past 5 years. It’s also in line with the way the Tories are structuring the BBC for future years. 

It’s very sad how the BBC have allowed themselves to become politicised.

Edited by den

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

There are also fears that Labour could lose key mayoral elections in the West Midlands and Teesside.

Andy Street is a very well respected Mayor of West Midlands, we had many dealings with him when we lived down there, really good guy, got the West Midlands firmly at heart and should easily hold on for another term after a close call last time around.

On Teeside Ben Houchen won a surprise victory last time around beating the Labour candidate into a shock second place. Labour should have seen the writing on the wall at that point for what was to come...

Labour will almost certainly win West Yorkshire and hold Greater Manchester, Liverpool and London mayoral positions. 

Rotherham council has no Tory councillors at this moment in time, any gains would see further crumbling of the remains of that Labour red wall.

Hartlepool are voting for a new MP, thats been well documented.

Labour have control of 54 councils

Tories hold 47

Lib Dems hold 6

33 are in no overall control

Edited by Gav

Posted (edited)

SENIOR TORY SAYS JOHNSON SHOUD RESIGN IF HE BREACHED MINISTERIAL RULES.

Then he's real trouble because there seems to be no doubt he did. The only problem is, that apart from the investigation by the Electoral Commission, Johnson can over-rule any findings as the authors report to him! So he'll be sweating on the Electoral Commission.

What is more compelling from this report is the "chaotic" state of his own finances. Apparently he is telling people he needs £300,000 to stay afloat! This after earning (or should I say receiving?) £275000 a year for years at the Telegraph! He has even asked one Tory donor to pay for a nanny for little Wilfred!

So the PM of Britain is going about begging for money and letting it be  known he's broke. Plenty of room there for favours demanded or even blackmail I'd have thought.

Finally, this news cannot be unknown to Chaddy because the interview with Douglas Ross  was on yesterday's Sophie Ridge programme which Chaddy says he never misses!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/02/senior-tory-says-boris-johnson-should-resign-if-he-breached-ministerial-rules

Edited by 47er

Yesterday line of duty sacrificed good TV viewing to make a swipe at politics today. A very appropriate speech at the end. Everyone supporting this current government needs to have a look at themselves. 

Screenshot_20210503-085512_Twitter.jpg

Yours was a "neutral post" Rover Dom but please--- no more references to Line of Duty----I haven't seen it yet! The plan is for my daughter and partner and grandchildren to come round and watch it together on Thursday night!

A couple of points.

These are local elections, in no way indicative of GE voting intentions.

Corbyn left Labour in their worst position for decades, yet failure to win Hartlepool will be seen as a terrible result?

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yours was a "neutral post" Rover Dom but please--- no more references to Line of Duty----I haven't seen it yet! The plan is for my daughter and partner and grandchildren to come round and watch it together on Thursday night!

Good luck with not finding out what happened before then. If you've got a good poker face, and won't spoil it for anyone else, I'd get it watched  or avoid walking past any newsagents as it's on the front page of some

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Good luck with not finding out what happened before then. If you've got a good poker face, and won't spoil it for anyone else, I'd get it watched  or avoid walking past any newsagents as it's on the front page of some

I'm staying in!

Posted (edited)

Not answering the phone? Not watching tv? And definitely avoiding social media?

How did H get away with misspelling definitely? My predictive text changes it.

Edited by gumboots

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, den said:

A couple of points.

Corbyn left Labour in their worst position for decades, yet failure to win Hartlepool will be seen as a terrible result?

History suggests something very different.

In order to have a shot of winning the next general election, the opposition needs to perform well in local elections. Of the last 10 opposition leaders, nine gained seats in their first set of local elections. Indeed, the two who became PM (Blair and Cameron) gained over 7% of the seats up for election.

Edited by Gav

6 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Not answering the phone? Not watching tv? And definitely avoiding social media?

shut up!

1 hour ago, den said:

A couple of points.

Stand to be corrected, but as I understand it, the tick boxes in Hartlepool for the local elections and by-election are on the same ballot paper. They shouldn't be, but they are

The Red Wallers voting for Houchen are likely therefore to automatically tick the box for the Hartlepool Tory candidate - local and national issues are different, I know, but it's not difficult to see the Tory candidate benefiting from the popularity of a local mayor and the elections being held at the same time

Good pieces by Matthew Parris and Janice Turner in the Times on Saturday; Parris on how the UK is on the road to becoming a one-party state and Turner on why "lovable rogues" like Johnson will always get away with it, and some people actually admire his foibles

Depressing reading but interesting nonetheless. 

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, gumboots said:

You would think right.

On 02/11/2020 at 10:48, Silas said:

might be he definately lasts 8 rds....

On 04/01/2020 at 16:19, Silas said:

I'd say we're definately going backwards and as for progression to top 6 - well, we're miles off competing. 

On 29/05/2019 at 17:00, Silas said:

Yep, that's definately how democracy works. 

Always struggled with that word. 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps the story's not finished yet.... 😲😲

5 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't want to spoil it for you mate but the Butler did it 😂😂😂😂😂.

On 23/04/2021 at 09:18, Dreams of 1995 said:

I haven’t even bothered to watch Dr Hilary but you promised to debunk the myth and prove the pub landlord right. 

So far all you have done is expend a lot of energy and screen space telling us how much you dislike Dr Hilary. It is difficult to defend the tv doctor (he’s a bit of a media clout chaser) but he’s still coming from a more reliable place than a froth at the mouth angry bloke with, from what I can gather, absolutely no qualifications or experience in the field of public health. 

No I did not. Heck this place is full of people trying to Newmanize every situation and I will not let you get away with it.

So let us get back to Mike's Nonsense post where he said that his TV Doctor (the one that also happens to be a Director of Pseudoscience) debunked the death age stats etc. that the Corbynista type pub landlord quoted just before Starmer tried to give him the bush off .

Even after all this time I am STILL waiting. Can one expect the Venkys to have us winning the Champions League before I receive this proof?

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Banzai said:

No I did not. Heck this place is full of people trying to Newmanize every situation and I will not let you get away with it.

So let us get back to Mike's Nonsense post where he said that his TV Doctor (the one that also happens to be a Director of Pseudoscience) debunked the death age stats etc. that the Corbynista type pub landlord quoted just before Starmer tried to give him the bush off .

Even after all this time I am STILL waiting. Can one expect the Venkys to have us winning the Champions League before I receive this proof?

It’s almost like instead of waiting nearly two weeks, you could have googled it yourself.

That’s probably what I would have done, guess we are all different... 

From my paper today -

“ More than £96 billion of health service funding has gone to non- NHS providers of care over the last decade, including private firms such as Virgin Care, research has revealed.

The amount of money flowing out of the NHS in England to for-profit companies, voluntary groups and  not for profit organisations has grown from £8.4 billion in 2010 to £14.4 billion last year, marking a 72% jump.”

Posted (edited)

Chaddy, we know what this poll has said without reading it! Why? Because these are the only polls you  ever notice.

Tories will certainly win Hartlepool, the area still has it in for Labour over Brexit.

This will happen despite the country having the poorest and most immoral government in living memory. This will take much time before we see a turnover, indeed its quite possible we never will.

Enjoy these times while you can, not that the Tories will ever do anything for you.

Edited by 47er