Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Politics


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought you might be interested in this poll from Hartlepool Gav

 

What happened to the below? This is only a poll of 500 people. Just be honest Chaddy and admit you only pay attention to polls if they give the Tories a healthy lead.

On 01/05/2021 at 15:57, chaddyrovers said:

well its depends on what polling info you read whether its the YouGov(just over 1800 people asked) which samples more people than the Survation poll(just over 1000 people asked) did. There is different polls which shows 7 or 8 points lead for Conservative party. But other polls show a closer gaps. I tend to look at polling data like number of people asked, social groups asked and regions. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

What happened to the below? This is only a poll of 500 people. Just be honest Chaddy and admit you only pay attention to polls if they give the Tories a healthy lead.

 

But its poll on one constituency not a national poll. So that's difference Ewood. You wouldn't asked different parts of country when you are doing one constituency poll would you?

With national poll like the YouGov poll, you will ask people from different areas of country like North West, North East, etc plus age groups, working class or Social class, etc. 

Tbh Ewood, given your opinions on politics around the world I thought you would have already knew differences between national polling and constituency polling. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Chaddy, we know what this poll has said without reading it! Why? Because these are the only polls you  ever notice.

Tories will certainly win Hartlepool, the area still has it in for Labour over Brexit.

This will happen despite the country having the poorest and most immoral government in living memory. This will take much time before we see a turnover, indeed its quite possible we never will.

Enjoy these times while you can, not that the Tories will ever do anything for you.

 

 

 

 

I’m not that downhearted 47er. The level of incompetence this government is displaying is bound to catch them out in the future. This recent out of character largesse is going to want paying for before too long. We all know who’ll be doing the paying, and it won’t be the Tory’s pals who’ve been busily filling their pockets over the last 12 months.

It’s all smoke and mirrors at the moment, that can’t last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing is tories have governed something like 80 out of the last 120 years. They have an appeal that Labour continually haven’t and don’t have. Labour never built on Blair he knew to win they had to me more centre/centre right 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/05/2021 at 09:40, den said:

A couple of points.

These are local elections, in no way indicative of GE voting intentions.

Corbyn left Labour in their worst position for decades, yet failure to win Hartlepool will be seen as a terrible result?

Because people who fell under the cult of Jez aren’t willing to admit he was a disaster. Any Labour loss will now be measured by them to try and prove Corbyn wasn’t the complete abject failure he was 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not that downhearted 47er. The level of incompetence this government is displaying is bound to catch them out in the future. This recent out of character largesse is going to want paying for before too long. We all know who’ll be doing the paying, and it won’t be the Tory’s pals who’ve been busily filling their pockets over the last 12 months.

It’s all smoke and mirrors at the moment, that can’t last.

I said immediately that Johnson would not last to the next election. I believe he'll be destroyed either legally or by the Conservative Party itself. That is likely to prolong the Tory period in government.

But I'm not downhearted, I accept Labour only gets a chance once the voters are utterly sick and disgusted.

It'll come.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

The thing is tories have governed something like 80 out of the last 120 years. They have an appeal that Labour continually haven’t and don’t have. Labour never built on Blair he knew to win they had to me more centre/centre right 

Blair won the landslides precisely because of the reason you pointed out Pete. He appealed to the middle classes, to business and even got the Tory media on his side. Many would argue that made him a Tory. The Tories win the support of many working class people so does that make them Socialists? Of course it doesn’t. Without the support of the middle ground of politics Labour can’t win another general election.

Too often, Labour put pushing their own political beliefs ahead of the thing that really matters - winning. The Tories always, always say whatever they think will win votes. Then when elected do what they really want to do and it’s never to the benefit of true socialists.

I think Starmer knows this very well, but incredibly he has to fight some of his own party members all the way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matthew Parris said the Times at the weekend that the UK is in danger of becoming a de facto one-party state - and he's right

What do you do when entire conservative political spectrum has been showing its bare face contempt for the working class for decades and still get their votes?. 

What do you do when the Tories have been in power 12 years and Johnson has got all the victims of austerity to believe Labour are against the working class and the Tories are their saviour.

Its all lies and deception but you have to say it is brilliant. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Labour never built on Blair he knew to win they had to me more centre/centre right 

Blair never built on when he achieved in 1997 and by the time he left office he was toxic to the nation (and he still is) as was the New Labour brand by the time it was voted out in 2010. 

The struggle of the traditional centre left party in not exclusive to Britain and the Labour Party all over Europe traditional centre-left parties are struggling. In Germany the SPD are polling in third, in France the 'Socialist' Party are polling in single figures. In Italy last time the centre left coalition came a distant third behind two populist parties. In Netherlands earlier this year the Dutch Labour Party came 6th polling just 5.7% and in Greece PASOK have been destroyed and are now little more than rump. Even in Sweden in 2018 where the Social Democratic Party have had the highest vote share for the last 100+ years they received their lowest share of the vote since 1911.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just be honest Chaddy and admit you only pay attention to polls if they give the Tories a healthy lead.

 

That will be all of them then, or at least the ones that count....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today marks the 200th anniversary of the first edition of the Guardian! Congratulations to all who made it possible.

What a tremendous achievement from all concerned.

And may it long continue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2021 at 11:26, chaddyrovers said:

But its poll on one constituency not a national poll. So that's difference Ewood. You wouldn't asked different parts of country when you are doing one constituency poll would you?

With national poll like the YouGov poll, you will ask people from different areas of country like North West, North East, etc plus age groups, working class or Social class, etc. 

Tbh Ewood, given your opinions on politics around the world I thought you would have already knew differences between national polling and constituency polling. 

 

I’m not contesting what this opinion poll is saying as it seems to me to be odds on that the Tories will win Hartlepool. But in general polls based on one constituency are notoriously unreliable, which is why usually very few are done.

A Tory win in Hartlepool should not really be that much of a shock. In 2019 the Brexit Party stood down in most constituencies to let Johnson have a free run “to get Brexit done” (sic). But in Hartlepool they had such a good result that Richard Tice stood and got over 25% of the poll. Had they stood down the Tory would probably have won as in many similar constituencies. This time most of those Brexit Party votes will go to the Tories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Super Thursday tomorrow, over 40 million people expected to go to the polls, very quiet on here considering. 

127 thousand people have sadly died, sleaze, cronyism and corruption, if Labour can’t gain in this climate they’re doomed.

Interesting night ahead tomorrow, but due to Covid, results not expected until Friday and over the weekend.

Edited by Gav
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will be nowhere near 40m people voting tomorrow Gav. The UK electorate is about 47m but turnout at local elections averages about 30%. Turnout in the Welsh and Scottish elections has been higher at 45% and 55% respectively and may be higher still this year but still overall there will be nothing like 40m people voting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Super Thursday tomorrow, over 40 million people expected to go to the polls, very quiet on here considering. 

127 thousand people have sadly died, sleaze, cronyism and corruption, if Labour can’t gain in this climate they’re doomed.

Interesting night ahead tomorrow, but due to Covid, results not expected until Friday and over the weekend.

I hope everyone who can vote does vote tomorrow. 

Many council results wont be ready to Friday afternoon. 

Gav, being a Labour supporter all your life, what do think of Starmer and Labour message during the local election campaign?

20 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There will be nowhere near 40m people voting tomorrow Gav. The UK electorate is about 47m but turnout at local elections averages about 30%. Turnout in the Welsh and Scottish elections has been higher at 45% and 55% respectively and may be higher still this year but still overall there will be nothing like 40m people voting.

I think it will be bigger turn out than 30% in many local elections..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Scots have it right

They look at the death, destruction, mismanagement, ineptitude, lying, cheating and stealing of the Tory government and don't want any part of it.

Tomorrow is likely to see them starting to take back control

Come on Nicola

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The Scots have it right

They look at the death, destruction, mismanagement, ineptitude, lying, cheating and stealing of the Tory government and don't want any part of it.

Tomorrow is likely to see them starting to take back control

Come on Nicola

Could be the most ironic post of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

 

Gav, being a Labour supporter all your life, what do think of Starmer and Labour message during the local election campaign?

 

Gav is the only alleged Labour supporter you haven't got on ignore? Hence why you ask him the same question so often?

And all you want him to do is pan the Labour Party anyway. Such a troll.

Very boring, time to put you on ignore (again).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Been to vote today as I believe that every person who can vote should but clearly some dont or have zero interest in politics whichever party was in Power in House of Commons. 

Happy with who I voted which was Conservative in all 3 votes I am and reform party has 2nd preference to be next crime commissioner 

1, Councillor to join Hyndburn council. Dom Allen from Conservative party. 

2 Councillor to join Lancashire County council. Shahed Mahmood from Conservative Party. Someone I've known for 25 years. 

3. Vote for who is the next crime commissioner is. Andrew James Snowden from Conservative Party

 Good Luck to everyone that is voting whichever way that is and I'm pleased people are voting. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.