BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Politics

You have to admire the Torygraph for the gall in describing the racist, divisive, right wing English Nationalist “Conservative” party as occupying the centre ground. 

Dear Chaddy

We, the undersigned, would officially like to thank you for voting for our party.

We haven't a clue why you would do so because in the battle between capital and labour, we've been screwing you and millions like you for more than 150 years.

You have been well and truly conned but as the saying goes, there's one born every day.

Keep up the good work and keep doffing your cap. 

Yours sincerely from the Cayman islands,

The Establishment, landowners, executives, managers, farmers, tax dodgers, corporate spivs and the wealthiest 1 per cent. 

1 hour ago, den said:

Chaddy used to brush a few details in his mainly illogical arguments, but for quite a while now he’s simply been on a trolling and winding up mission. He’s much better on ignore.

And yet the mors allow him to get away with it. It's blatant as you say. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Gav is the only alleged Labour supporter you haven't got on ignore? Hence why you ask him the same question so often?

And all you want him to do is pan the Labour Party anyway. Such a troll.

Very boring, time to put you on ignore (again).

Yep plain trolling but it seems to be ok as far as I can see. Stuffed if I know why it's allowed.

I think he has some real issues with Gav. He desperately wants to hear Gav pan Labour but Gav also pans the Conservatives, which Chaddy desperately tries to gloss over. 

Incidentally it proves Chaddy is a WUM. For someone to pick up on half a conversation someone is saying and ignore the other half shows they aren't too interested in genuine discussion whatsoever. 

It's a bit of a piss take from him. 

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You have to admire the Torygraph for the gall in describing the racist, divisive, right wing English Nationalist “Conservative” party as occupying the centre ground. 

In fairness Jim they aren't the furthest right. Looking at the mayoral elections for West Yorks and there's two candidates who are to the right of the Tories. 

Not that I am saying the Tories are anything but right wing. They are biggotted as well as incompetent and immoral. They are no more middle ground than I am a hippopotamus. 

However I did think it is worth flagging that the scary fact is they aren't the furthest right out there... 

47 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

When Mrs Thatcher was laying waste to British manufacturing industry I consoled myself with thinking that I’d never see a more right wing Tory government in power. I was wrong.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

And yet the mors allow him to get away with it. It's blatant as you say. 

Yep plain trolling but it seems to be ok as far as I can see. Stuffed if I know why it's allowed.

It's a bit of a piss take from him. 

Got to take issue with this tbh.

Problem is, if we start banning him, we will be accused of bullying, silencing opposing views and the like. We’ve already been called ‘that lefty site’ by ex members of this forum who set up on their own.

Even if he then comes back, he won’t be changing his views, he’s a Tory voter no matter what, in his own words....

Others will say his views are no different to those that are very pro left wing instead, just on the other end of the spectrum.

Not saying it isn’t frustrating as hell to see someone have a blind spot for blatant corruption, but I’m not sure what we are supposed to do really. If he won’t change and neither will other people, then you’ve got to almost live and let live. 
Incidentally, according to the forum rules, if we went by the book, we would dish out a lot more bans and warnings than we already do, I can assure you. But we just try to let adults sort things out themselves, hiding posts instead etc. 

Rock, hard place etc.

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

And yet the mods allow him to get away with it. It's blatant as you say. 

On 01/05/2021 at 22:53, Blue blood said:

How is this not trolling or WUMing or taking the piss? Genuine question for mods. I don't get it.

You've brought this up a few times BB so I may aswell address it. 

The forum has a set of rules and guidelines for people to abide by, if they don't sanctions are applied. 

If you feel a poster is breaching those rules then you can report it to the mod team and it will be looked into. 

I think in this instance your accusation is based around a poster only ever addressing one side of a debate and steadfastly ignoring the flip side and counter arguments. 

I understand this can be frustrating, particularly in a Politics discussion that can be very emotive for obvious reasons.

But it was only a few months ago (about Xmas) that we had similar divides on the Tony Mowbray topic. Some could only ever see the positive things he had done, and some could only focus on the negatives. And each side was fairly entrenched and stubborn about it when, as always, the truth was probably somewhere in the middle. 

Surely you can appreciate that it would be a sticky wicket if we started policing people for being single minded or blinkered about certain topics. (Jordan Rhodes anyone?! - ranges from the best finisher the World has ever seen to an immobile donkey that can't trap a football. 🤷‍♂️)

P.S. If I truly believed a poster was "trolling" I probably wouldn't bother engaging with them. I certainly wouldn't be trying to bypass an ignore function to facilitate that engagement. 

Edit: Hadn't seen KHod has replied too. But might aswell leave both standing. Hope between the 2 it helps give you an answer. We try and do the best for the site, don't always get it right, but the aim is to make it fair for all. 

Edited by Silas

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Got to take issue with this tbh.

Problem is, if we start banning him, we will be accused of bullying, silencing opposing views and the like. We’ve already been called ‘that lefty site’ by ex members of this forum who set up on their own.

Even if he then comes back, he won’t be changing his views, he’s a Tory voter no matter what, in his own words....

Others will say his views are no different to those that are very pro left wing instead, just on the other end of the spectrum.

Not saying it isn’t frustrating as hell to see someone have a blind spot for blatant corruption, but I’m not sure what we are supposed to do really. If he won’t change and neither will other people, then you’ve got to almost live and let live. 
Incidentally, according to the forum rules, if we went by the book, we would dish out a lot more bans and warnings than we already do, I can assure you. But we just try to let adults sort things out themselves, hiding posts instead etc. 

Rock, hard place etc.

All true, all fair comment BUT you know in your heart his main motive is to wind us up.

For a start he doesn't make any arguments, he has no opinions, he just posts poll findings and backs up anything the government says and does.

You refer to people with left-wing (I prefer "progressive") views. But we fall out and argue with each other, we have different views. There's been plenty of criticism of Starmer on here and there was plenty aimed at Corbyn.There is no equivalence which you are claiming.

All we get from Chaddy is a Stalinist, monolithic view about everything and its woeful. 

It isn’t Chaddy’s views that people are complaining about, he’s more than entitled to argue his side. Some people- me included - believe that he’s now simply trolling, or trying to wind people up. Judge him on that. 
Having said that, I don’t particularly want Chaddy banned, the best thing to do is put him on ignore.

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, 47er said:

All true, all fair comment BUT you know in your heart his main motive is to wind us up.

For a start he doesn't make any arguments, he has no opinions, he just posts poll findings and backs up anything the government says and does.

You refer to people with left-wing (I prefer "progressive") views. But we fall out and argue with each other, we have different views. There's been plenty of criticism of Starmer on here and there was plenty aimed at Corbyn.There is no equivalence which you are claiming.

All we get from Chaddy is a Stalinist, monolithic view about everything and its woeful. 

I honestly don’t know any of that in my heart tbh, I genuinely think that’s just the way he is! 

Again, I’m not saying that’s what I think, but it’s a complaint which will be raised by others.

Along with the usual echo chamber comments that are usually aimed at the site.

All in all, very frustrating, but what are we supposed to do, really?

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I honestly don’t know any of that in my heart tbh, I genuinely think that’s just the way he is! 

Again, I’m not saying that’s what I think, but it’s a complaint which will be raised by others.

Along with the usual echo chamber comments that are usually aimed at the site.

All in all, very frustrating, but what are we supposed to do, really?

Tell him to stop asking the same question of Gav everyday? Tell I'm we can all read the polls.Tell him we want him to tell us what his viewpoints are.

Posters have been reprimanded before for repeating the same thing endlessly. I think he's ruining that section of the MB to be honest, disappointed you believe there is nothing you can do about it but, never mind, I've got him on ignore so it won't bother me anymore.

In fairness i don't think he's a troll, just an idiot. Besides there is plenty of stubbornness without substance on here. He's just on the wrong side for some people. 

@Silas @K-Hod thanks for the replies. With hindsight perhaps I should have messaged instead. I also want to put on record that I appreciate the job the mods do in general - it's a great site that enriches the Rovers experience - as well as appreciating it's a difficult balancing act. 

I do want to state I have no issues with differing political opinions or even people being bad at arguing. I'm also not elitist and appreciate people have different levels of intellect (I'm certainly no genius) and therefore debate occurs on different levels. I also get people will vary in how open/narrow minded they are on a topic. 

None of which is why I have issues with Chaddy. 

My issue is it's clear he's a WUM. I get it's hard to judge the line, what counts as loyalty to a party, focussing on one aspect of politics etc. as oppose to WUM but in this case I feel it's as blatant as Pedersen's dive against Arsenal all those years ago. 

For example let's take corruption. if a person a) can identify corruption in the news, b) spend the time hunting it out, c) be morally opposed to it and say so on here then you clearly have the cognative capacity to understand what corruption is and form a view on it. To then totally ignore it from the Tories totally contradicts both their cognative abilities and their moral stance. 

Or take another example putting a ton of labour supporters or people who have different opinions to him on ignore, and ignoring the answers he can see about Labour and doesn't like, yet at the same time repeatedly asking these questions and complaining people won't answer his questions. On one hand it seems like a huge desire to discuss and debate but on the other it's clear he doesn't want to debate. Totally contradictory again.

I highlight this because clear contradictions of this nature are evidence of duplicity and ulterior motive. It's incongruous to have these contradictions accidentally. It's like me saying I am a Rovers fan yet never having gone to a game, not knowing any of the players or who Jack Walker is. I'm sure people would suspect a rat. My point is the contradictions are too suspicious for want of a better word to be unintentional. 

I think there is a ton of other evidence too. For example the constant posting of polls. Or changing debates from the merit of a subject to well the Tories won the election/Brexit etc. Moving the goal posts of the debate from the subject to who is in power. Sure this could be poor debating but given he can and does seem to have some knowledge on politics and the inconsistency with which it happens makes me suspect it is deliberate. For example the majority not caring makes the flat indiscretions ok, bit at the same majority saying Cummings was wrong for driving, popular opinion doesn't factor into it. (Again we are back to contradictions which seem to go against his cognative processes suggesting it's deliberate.) On its own perhaps not a clear sign of WUM but the evidence seems to be mounting up. 

Then there are the blatant lies. As in Trump-esque reality changing lies, such as blaming teachers for not being ready for third lockdown. Why else would you jump to such a conclusion? It's such a hard conclusion to get to by logic especially after teachers had shared their first hand experience. 

Then there's other lies like not being aware of the details of the flat-gate yet posting a link from Sky News, which had 3 articles around it at that time all about the details. Or somehow missing comments through work whenever it's negative for the Tories. Hell of a coincidence that. Is that plausible?

Heck, this has turned into an essay and maybe I should have PM'd you chaps this instead (apologies if that is the case.) But the fact there is an essay of issues in what and how he posts, behaviours that don't add up and which seems somewhat dodge suggests he has well and truly crossed the line and has intent to WUM. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Been to vote today as I believe that every person who can vote should but clearly some dont or have zero interest in politics whichever party was in Power in House of Commons. 

Happy with who I voted which was Conservative in all 3 votes I am and reform party has 2nd preference to be next crime commissioner 

1, Councillor to join Hyndburn council. Dom Allen from Conservative party. 

2 Councillor to join Lancashire County council. Shahed Mahmood from Conservative Party. Someone I've known for 25 years. 

3. Vote for who is the next crime commissioner is. Andrew James Snowden from Conservative Party

Good Luck to everyone that is voting whichever way that is and I'm pleased people are voting. 

As a matter of interest Chaddy, who was your second choice for Police & Crime Commissioner?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, only2garners said:

As a matter of interest Chaddy, who was your second choice for Police & Crime Commissioner?

Thanks for question firstly. 

My second choice was the reform party. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Posted (edited)

Its like playschool for over 60's on here today, the mods are spot on, do a jigsaw, take a break if you can't handle someone elses point of view.

Its election day, surely you copy and paste something from The Guardian thats remotely newsworthy?

Edited by Gav

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And your point is?

The economy during the pandemic suffered the biggest drop in the G7 ...... 9.9%.....a 300-year record....because of government incompetence

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/uk-q4-gdp-economy-worst-in-g7-coronavirus-vaccines-2021-2-1030076660

Next

Which was expected to be honest when you lock down the entire country apart from none essential retail, lock down airports, etc. 

We are reliant on services industry in the country which is the vast majority of our economy. 

Government incompetence? Starmer has mostly supported the measures took by the Government. That's your party leader which you are member of. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which was expected to be honest when you lock down the entire country apart from none essential retail, lock down airports, etc. 

We are reliant on services industry in the country which is the vast majority of our economy. 

Government incompetence? Starmer has mostly supported the measures took by the Government. That's your party leader which you are member of. 

Dear Chaddy

We, the undersigned, would officially like to thank you for voting for our party.

We haven't a clue why you would do so because in the battle between capital and labour, we've been screwing you and millions like you for more than 150 years.

You have been well and truly conned but as the saying goes, there's one born every day.

The Establishment, landowners, executives, managers, farmers, tax dodgers, corporate spivs and the wealthiest 1 per cent. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Bank of England has revised its 2021 growth forecast upwards to 7.25%, the fastest economic growth rate since official records began in 1949. Project Fear has morphed into Project Opportunity. 

You have posted this as if it's unalloyed good news proving Project Fear was wrong. The increase is purely down to the fact that the economy lost so much last year primarily because of the pandemic. All that will happen is that the economy will pick up most but not all of last year's losses.

7 minutes ago, only2garners said:

You have posted this as if it's unalloyed good news proving Project Fear was wrong. The increase is purely down to the fact that the economy lost so much last year primarily because of the pandemic. All that will happen is that the economy will pick up most but not all of last year's losses.

I think its a very good news that the economy will be grow by so much  After this year we need to keep growing the economy and keep investing in infrastructure projects and our NHS. Also keep supporting private businesses and jobs in the Private sector now we are Post Brexit and still one of the biggest economy in the world despite Brexit and the pandemic crisis. 

Yes the Bank of England forecast are much better and that's what we want to hear as we restart our economy now. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dear Chaddy

same old Jim, just a different day. same old rhetoric. Time you realise why the working class people vote by a big majority the Conservative party by such a big margin instead of sticking old posts. The problems is inside your own party and its members, the country doesn't want socialist policies thats your far left members want, and the that Starmer hasn't move the party on from the Corbyn and his followers. I'm sure if today's elections are bad for Starmer he will face a challenge from a far left MP candidate. 

Tony Blair knew what was needed to win elections and by god he delivered 3 elections wins. Maybe its time your party bought him in back into the fold(advising the party leadership) and start listening to him. 

Edited by chaddyrovers