Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ewood, I have given my answer on this subject several times. I am not going to keep repeating myself. 

Don't think he's asking you to repeat yourself in fairness.. just make a coherent argument. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

But you haven't given an answer of why our economy retracted worse than other service based economies. Is that not on your script from Tory HQ?

Already answered this question several times and why our economy retracted like it. Please refer to this answer instead of repeating asking the same question when the answer was provided before

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Already answered this question several times and why our economy retracted like it. Please refer to this answer instead of repeating asking the same question when the answer was provided before

Could you post a link please I must have missed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

use the search function tool on the site 

I have and I can't find you answering my question as to why our economy retracted by more than other service based major economies because as you well know you haven't answered the question. So I'll take your answer as you don't know because the answer is not on your script from Tory HQ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I have and I can't find you answering my question as to why our economy retracted by more than other service based major economies because as you well know you haven't answered the question. So I'll take your answer as you don't know because the answer is not on your script from Tory HQ.

an answer was provided to your question when you first asked it. If you choose to not accept the answer then there is nothing I can do about it. My last word on this to yourself

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday Starmer said he took full responsibility for the result. Today he sacks his deputy leader as party chair.

 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

an answer was provided to your question when you first asked it. If you choose to not accept the answer then there is nothing I can do about it. My last word on this to yourself

You didn't answer, if you did you would have produced the answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems only a matter of time until the Scots leave the Union and go their separate ways. The Union Jack design incorporates the red cross of St George for England, the white saltire of St Andrew for Scotland, the red saltire of St Patrick for Ireland and nothing for Wales. I wonder if the flag will be redesigned and/or modernised in some way. It would be a shame as it’s probably the most iconic and instantly recognised flag in the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ministers say Boris could rule longer than Thatcher's 11 years: Results suggest Conservatives would take 36 MORE Westminster seats from Labour at next General Election - as triumphant Tories boast 'WE'RE the true workers' party now'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9555707/Ministers-say-Boris-rule-longer-Thatcher.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1620498842|MCAID%3D2F1B507285158F29-400006E7212C152C

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ministers say Boris could rule longer than Thatcher's 11 years: Results suggest Conservatives would take 36 MORE Westminster seats from Labour at next General Election - as triumphant Tories boast 'WE'RE the true workers' party now'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9555707/Ministers-say-Boris-rule-longer-Thatcher.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1620498842|MCAID%3D2F1B507285158F29-400006E7212C152C

The Tory Party will have dispensed with Johnson by then. History has taught us that much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ministers say Boris could rule longer than Thatcher's 11 years: Results suggest Conservatives would take 36 MORE Westminster seats from Labour at next General Election - as triumphant Tories boast 'WE'RE the true workers' party now'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9555707/Ministers-say-Boris-rule-longer-Thatcher.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1620498842|MCAID%3D2F1B507285158F29-400006E7212C152C

Workers' party in what sense?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Angela Rayner will quit as Deputy leader of Labour now that Starmer has sack her role party chair? 

Why did Starmer sack her? 

Gaya Sriskanthan, Momentum co-chair, called the move, “blatant scapegoating,” saying of Starmer: “It is his failed strategy that has brought us to this point, and he said he would take responsibility. Yet again he has gone back on his word.”

Will MP's like Richard Burgon, Rebecca Long Bailey, etc start a leadership contest against Starmer now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wonder if Angela Rayner will quit as Deputy leader of Labour now that Starmer has sack her role party chair? 

Why would she? She has her own mandate from the party members as deputy leader. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Workers' party in what sense?  

Look at how many Working class people now vote Conservative. Looks at the gains in local election and 2019 election 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Why would she? She has her own mandate from the party members as deputy leader. 

Why accept a lesser role in the cabinet? Would you? Could she challenge Starmer for leadership of the party?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The Tory Party will have dispensed with Johnson by then. History has taught us that much.

Not if Johnson keep winning voters and elections. Voters like him and can relate to him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not if Johnson keep winning voters and elections. Voters like him and can relate to him. 

I don’t know what to do with this, partly because this must be true.

The man who tried to get donors to pay for his childcare, cuts child benefits for the poorest in society, how does he relate with working class people?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I don’t know what to do with this, partly because this must be true.

The man who tried to get donors to pay for his childcare, cuts child benefits for the poorest in society, how does he relate with working class people?

Look at the councils seats won and where they are. Plus polling on Johnson's favourable. 

Look at Andy Burnham comments about his own party problems. 

rumours from multiple reporters that Lisa Nandy could be next to go

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not if Johnson keep winning voters and elections. Voters like him and can relate to him. 

Thatcher won elections but they still ruthlessly got rid of her. When it comes to getting rid of their leaders there is no party more ruthless than the Tory Party.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why accept a lesser role in the cabinet? Would you? Could she challenge Starmer for leadership of the party?

I never said anything about accepting a lesser shadow cabinet role. I was just saying it would make zero sense for her to resign as deputy leader (which you wondered if she may) as that is a role and mandate given to her by the party membership. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Labour Party is in complete disarray, has been for decades, I fear it will never recover.

The country votes Tory year in year out, accept it or move to Wales or Scotland, simple really.

Edited by Gav
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Thatcher won elections but they still ruthlessly got rid of her. When it comes to getting rid of their leaders there is no party more ruthless than the Tory Party.

Johnson is popular with normal working class people and he is leading the party to gains in council seats and winning seats in Labour heartland seats like Hartlepool, Sedgefield, Burnley, Hyndburn, Bolsover and Rother Valley

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

 

I never said anything about accepting a lesser shadow cabinet role. I was just saying it would make zero sense for her to resign as deputy leader (which you wondered if she may) as that is a role and mandate given to her by the party membership. 

That's what is being reported that she will be offered. Why would accept that? And does she want to Deputy leader to Starmer at this time after being sack by him?.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Johnson is popular with normal working class people and he is leading the party to gains in council seats and winning seats in Labour heartland seats like Hartlepool, Sedgefield, Burnley, Hyndburn, Bolsover and Rother Valley

Totally missing my point again and instead reading from your script from Tory HQ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Totally missing my point again and instead reading from your script from Tory HQ.

Its yourself who cant accept that people can connect and like Johnson and want him to be PM over Starmer. The people want Conservative policies over the socialist policies you want to see. And as Dreams of 1995 has just posted this isnt like the Conservative party under previously leaders cos the protected the economy and jobs during pandemic ,And have committed to levelling up the country, investing in the NHS and building new or redeveloping 48 NHS Hospitals, investing in jobs and infrastructure, tough on crime, increasing defence spending, helping people get mortgage so they can buy 1st house, etc

I highlighted a number of Labour heartland seats that they have lost to Conservative party in 2019 election like Bolsover where Dennis Skinner was MP for 49 years. Or the Hartlepool seat on Thursday that want a change in the town and investment in the town. 

From the link provided by Dreams of 1995

"Several frontbenchers loyal to Starmer broke cover to say it had been an error to regard Johnson’s party as “the same old Tories” as they had been under Margaret Thatcher, when they had in fact been transformed into a high-spend party to appeal to voters in former industrial areas behind the red wall.

One frontbencher said: “I kept getting ythat they are not the same old Tories. They are different and we didn’t get that.”

The shadow minister for the City, Pat McFadden, said: “We are not facing the Conservative party as in Margaret Thatcher’s days. This is a high-spending Conservative party which is promising to pump a lot of money into working-class towns and cities and whether they can deliver or not we have to work out how to deal with that.

“If we keep making the same offer and say we got the timing wrong we are going to face more nights like Thursday night.”

Edited by chaddyrovers
Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Street returned as Mayor of West Midlands.

We had many dealings with Andy when we lived and worked in the area, good guy, clever, local interests at heart, pleased for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.