Politics

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Chaddy's poster boy loves people with "low credibility"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52792200

Then Johnson allowed him and Lee Cain to leave months later and appointed people who can help him run the government and not just campaign. 

no comment on the Labour poor showing in the recent YouGov Poll? or any comment why Starmer and Labour party are doing so badly in recent elections.

Here are some simple questions I want to ask you since you are Labour Party member.

1. Why is this?

2. what needs to change?

3. what new policies do you need to get voters to vote for you in the next general election or even local elections?

4. is Starmer the right man to be leader of Labour Party?

all simple questions to answer Jim or don't you want to answer. If you don't want to answer them just say its no problem

Edited by chaddyrovers

Posted (edited)

Penny Mordaunt struck a bullish tone in the Commons, describing allegations raised by opposition MPs as based on “speculation, innuendo and smear” rather than fact.

Labour’s deputy leader, Angela Rayner, who secured an urgent question on ministerial interests, had accused Government ministers of acting “like rules are for other people” and levelled claims against Prime Minister Boris Johnson, Home Secretary Priti Patel and Health Secretary Matt Hancock.

Ms Mordaunt said the public do have an interest in the issue of standards in public life but view criticisms raised in the Commons during the urgent question “as a load of flannel”.

Edited by chaddyrovers

Oh dear, the list of Tory cabinet members with "low credibility" is getting longer

Chancellor Rishi Sunk

Health secretary, Matt Hancock,

https://www.cityam.com/matt-hancock-defends-dominic-cummings-as-lockdown-row-continues/

Foreign secretary, Dominic Raab

https://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/18484241.dominic-raab-backs-cummings-amid-constituents-concerns/

Michael Gove

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/michael-gove-blasted-tweet-defending-18302627

So there you have it, a government of low credibility that defends the indefensible

I think what we're likely to see is that large portions of the electorate don't actually care about racism and its more about the person doing it. 

Jeremy Corbyn - No one likes him, Labour found to have an antisemitism problem "JEREMY CORBYN IS A VILE RACIST"

Boris Johnson - like by people (bizzarely), tories found to have an islamaphobic problem. My prediction - very little will be made of this, media coverage will not be as significant as against corbyn. 

PMQs will be interesting

Posted (edited)

BBC TV news regularly reported an Corbyn's and Labour's alleged anti-semitism "problem"

I look forward to seeing a report on the Tories' institutional Islamophobia tonight

Not

A reminder of Johnson's offensive remarks about Muslims

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2021/may/25/uk-covid-live-news-travel-advice-indian-variant-hotspots-england-coronavirus-latest-updates

Red wallers applaud his remarks all the way to the ballot box. 

Edited by jim mk2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, den said:

I expect Gav will be on here soon to slam the Tories and their Islamaphobia.

Not exactly news is it, we all know its true, Boris on his own has enough form in this area to full his column inches in the Spectator.

But so far its not been enough to get the EHRC involved, not enough evidence, so fingers crossed they find more that will eventually lead to a similar investigation that found the Labour Party had become a safe space for anti-Semitism and racists.

Edited by Gav

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not exactly news is it, we all know its true, Boris on his own has enough form in this area to investigate. 

But so far its not been enough to get the EHRC involved, not enough evidence, so fingers crossed we they find more, that will eventually lead to a similar investigation that found the Labour Party had become a safe space for anti-Semitism and racists.

Well most of us know Gav.

Now it's in an official report it could well be escalated but Johnson is still trying to justify his comments. What a proper piece of work he really is.

https://www.mirror.co.uk

Today is the anniversary of the infamous Downing Street press conference during which Dominic Cummings defended his "eye-testing" trip to Barnard Castle.

Cummings always came across as an odious creep, given his attitude towards the BBC, and the civil service, and, worst of all, his creation of the "take back control" lies which helped to bring about the Brexit disaster

Tomorrow, however, we might have something to be grateful to him for if he dumps the dirt on Johnson and his appalling, corrupt, mendacious government.

Why is he doing it?

Could it be that Cummings has sensed that someone will one day pay the price for having permitted so many people to die unnecessarily during the pandemic and that he was prime candidate for scapegoat?

Either way, we have to keep fighting these lying Tory basturds by getting the truth out there. And if it takes someone like Cummings to help do it, fine.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Today is the anniversary of the infamous Downing Street press conference during which Dominic Cummings defended his "eye-testing" trip to Barnard Castle.

Cummings always came across as an odious creep, given his attitude towards the BBC, and the civil service, and, worst of all, his creation of the "take back control" lies which helped to bring about the Brexit disaster

Tomorrow, however, we might have something to be grateful to him for if he dumps the dirt on Johnson and his appalling, corrupt, mendacious government.

Why is he doing it?

Could it be that Cummings has sensed that someone will one day pay the price for having permitted so many people to die unnecessarily during the pandemic and that he was prime candidate for scapegoat?

Either way, we have to keep fighting these lying Tory basturds by getting the truth out there. And if it takes someone like Cummings to help do it, fine.

This plus I think he also wants revenge for getting sacked. It should be a interesting day tomorrow.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Didn't you have him down as the mastermind a year ago?

Pantomime villian to poster boy in the blink of an eye.

How easy your head is turned Jim when someone flutters their eyelashes at you. 😉

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

How easy your head is turned Jim when someone flutters their eyelashes at you. 😉

Not that I recall or whether it matters

Play the ball... you're getting tedious

Anything worthwhile to say on Johnson and Cummings? 

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Not that I recall or whether it matters

Play the ball... you're getting tedious

Ah, a little testy tonight, I see. Shame, you're normally good for a bit of jousting. 

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Anything worthwhile to say on Johnson and Cummings? 

I think Cummings is a snivelling little toad. Regardless, I'm planning to be massively entertained tomorrow. 

Hopefully some proper US courtroom style drama "You can't handle the truth!".

Basically, I would like the toad to put on a show for me.

(In hindsight, probably not worthwhile, no, but you asked 🤷‍♂️)

Posted (edited)
On 01/06/2020 at 09:02, jim mk2 said:

arch Brexiteer Cummings led the campaign to leave the EU 

As well as being a liar with poor eyesight, he's a hypocrit

On 25/05/2020 at 23:11, jim mk2 said:

Aside from the lying reptilian Cummings,

On 25/05/2020 at 16:32, jim mk2 said:

What is the purpose of a public statement from Cummings?

In the first case he lies, like Johnson

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomorrow, however, we might have something to be grateful to him for if he dumps the dirt on Johnson

Shameful, hypocritical, embarrassing and I'm not talking about Cummings. 

Why would anyone believe a word that comes out of that mans mouth?

Desperate stuff indeed.

Edited by Gav

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Desperate stuff indeed.

He obviously did what he did last year, which was bang out of order to say the least. Hardly means he’s incapable of telling the truth, just because he’s previously taken the absolute piss, does it?

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

I think Cummings is a snivelling little toad. Regardless, I'm planning to be massively entertained tomorrow. 

Hopefully some proper US courtroom style drama "You can't handle the truth!".

Basically, I would like the toad to put on a show for me.

(In hindsight, probably not worthwhile, no, but you asked 🤷‍♂️)

Yes, fair enough, sounds like Johnson was far too busy writing autobiographies to pay off his latest divorce settlement to bother himself with acting like PM and leading the pandemic response...

From the Guardian

"Cummings will accuse Johnson of missing key meetings on the crisis because he was working on a biography of Shakespeare, the money from which he needed to fund his divorce from Marina Wheeler, his second wife. Johnson missed five Cobra emergency meetings at the start of the crisis."

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

He obviously did what he did last year, which was bang out of order to say the least. Hardly means he’s incapable of telling the truth, just because he’s previously taken the absolute piss, does it?

The Times' leader on March 13, 2020 explained the government's policy and its rationale at the time:

Essentially, the prime minister has concluded that there is little the government can do to stop the virus spreading widely and that, ultimately, there is little point in trying to prevent it from doing so. The best way to protect the public from the virus in the long term, the government has calculated, is for most of the population to get it. thereby giving it "herd immunity" to further waves of the disease.

Cummings' appearance before the PSC will enable all this stuff to get out earlier in the public domain, while it's still fresh in the memory and before ministers can polish their excuses. 

Let's face, the results of the public inquiry are not going to see the light of day this side of 2025

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yes, fair enough, sounds like Johnson was far too busy writing autobiographies to pay off his latest divorce settlement to bother himself with acting like PM and leading the pandemic response...

From the Guardian

"Cummings will accuse Johnson of missing key meetings on the crisis because he was working on a biography of Shakespeare, the money from which he needed to fund his divorce from Marina Wheeler, his second wife. Johnson missed five Cobra emergency meetings at the start of the crisis."

Sounds about right. But didn't the story go Cummings then attended these meetings and spearheaded the pandemic response? In Johnson's 'absence' if you like.

And Cummings stance is now the response was garbage. 

So, he either throws himself under the bus too, or somehow manages to weasel his way out of the blame despite the whole Country knowing he was in the cockpit all along.

Tbf, if he pulls it off I'll tip my hat to him, cos it will be a hell of a piece of maneuvering.  

9 minutes ago, Silas said:

Sounds about right. But didn't the story go Cummings then attended these meetings and spearheaded the pandemic response? In Johnson's 'absence' if you like.

And Cummings stance is now the response was garbage. 

So, he either throws himself under the bus too, or somehow manages to weasel his way out of the blame despite the whole Country knowing he was in the cockpit all along.

Tbf, if he pulls it off I'll tip my hat to him, cos it will be a hell of a piece of maneuvering.  

Cummings probably realises just how recklessly irresponsible the government was a year ago, and how recklessly irresponsible it remains.

And he is determined not to be the fall guy.

In an odd way we might have to thank him for that. In saving his own skin he will, quite possibly, nail this truth twisting government down.

For the first time ever, he might be doing a public service. But it does not exonerate him after his embarassing Barnard Castle fiasco.

8 hours ago, Gav said:

Desperate stuff indeed.

Allegedly the most damning evidence is in various documents, texts and emails. I agree about Cummings being a liar but what can't speak cannot lie.

It's going to be an interesting day, hopefully Johnson is proved to be the liar and charlatan he is.

9 hours ago, Silas said:

The enemy of my enemy and all that...

I wonder how many of the cabinet are regretting defending his actions re. Barnard Castle.