Politics

18 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Don't often come in the politics room as it can get messy but after today's shenanigans it just reaffirms my belief that Johnson is a lying, lazy, narcissistic bullshitter who is completely unfit to be Prime Minister.

The same applies to Cummings, they’re both lying swines.

Just caught up with PMQ’s, poor by Keir, I suppose he has be obvious with his questioning today, but that won’t be remembered, he landed no blows sadly.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I thought you claimed to watch the news and read the media, if you do as you claim to then you will have witnessed Cock up after cock up be it from lack of PPE, the lack of testing capacity, the woeful test and trace system, locking down far too late, letting fans attend Cheltenham and Champions League games.

I watched plenty of the news, House of commons debates and read different media articles. Over the few months this has reduced due to starting a new job which involved working nights. 

Yet again, all the things you have mention above have been discussed on here time after time including myself given my opinions on them. I am not going to keep repeating my answers to them so please don't ask cos it will be ignored

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Then of course just a couple of days ago we had them trying to bring in lockdown through the back door in local areas without informing any of the relevant authorities so again they were forced into a hasty retreat. 

it wasn't lockdown but extra guidance and being extra careful. And no I didn't see the guidance until it was mention in the commons by an urgency question by Jon Ashworth. I spent plenty of time in Blackburn over the last weekend. 

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just caught up with PMQ’s, poor by Keir, I suppose he has be obvious with his questioning today, but that won’t be remembered, he landed no blows sadly.

Has Starmer got the guts to go after Johnson and the Conservative party over this when Johnson and Conservative party are so popular in the polls and Starmer and Labour are doing so poor. Starmer went after Johnson before the local elections and it did no damage. So will it now?

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Gav said:

The same applies to Cummings, they’re both lying swines.

They can’t both be liars today Gav. 

On this occasion, Cummings evidence told everyone what a lot of people already knew. Pretty much all of it.

Edited by den

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, den said:

They can’t both be liars today Gav. 

On this occasion, Cummings evidence told everyone what a lot of people already knew. Pretty much all of it.

They can’t both be liars? Really den?
Cummings lied about his trip to Durham and Johnson lies every time his lips move, today is no different. 

It’s embarrassing how the left are  hitching the waggon to Dominic Cummings, have they no shame?

Edited by Gav

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Gav said:

Cummings lied about his trip to Durham and Johnson lies every time his lips move, today is no different. 

It’s embarrassing how the left are  hitching the waggon to Dominic Cummings, have they no shame?

I said they can’t both be liars TODAY Gav. Meaning you either believe Cummings version of how the govt have handled this, or you believe Johnson and Hancock’s version. The answer to that has been put to you in great detail. 

I think you knew that.

Edited by den

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hitching our wagon, or recognising that a lot of what he said mirrors a lot of what we were saying throughout?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, den said:

I said they can’t both be liars TODAY Gav. Meaning you either believe Cummings version of how the govt have handled this, or you believe Johnson and Hancock’s version. The answer to that has been put to you in great detail. 

I think you knew that.

They were all on same side until Cummings was sacked den, I can’t believe you’re falling for it.

Desperate stuff.

Edited by Gav

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Gav said:

They’ve all been on same side until Cummings was sacked den, I can’t believe you’re falling for it.

Desperate stuff.

He wasn’t sacked Gav, he resigned because of what he saw in number ten.

so they weren’t on the same side until he was sacked at all.

Here you go...

he told MPs the main reason for his departure from No 10 in November last year was his relationship with Mr Johnson had deteriorated to the point where he regarded the Prime Minister as “unfit for the job”.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2021/05/26/cummings-why-i-resigned-as-boris-johnsons-closest-aide/

Why aren’t you criticising the Govt for their late lockdowns, not following the science and overseeing tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths as I have throughout?

Lions led by Donkeys.

Edited by den

2 hours ago, Gav said:

They were all on same side until Cummings was sacked den, I can’t believe you’re falling for it.

Desperate stuff.

It's reasonable to believe Cummings today though surely? If not you're accusing him of one of the most serious crimes you can commit in a democracy.

If Cummings had said some of the things that he said today about any other government in British history then you'd have expected that the men in white coats would've been shortly coming for him. But applied to today's government it isn't even the slightest bit surprising and is totally believable given what we have all witnessed over the last 15 months.

Amazing stuff by Cummings today, seven hours of damning testimony of a serving prime minister and government that is unprecedented in British history.

Whatever you think of Cummings as an individual, absolutely nothing he said today appears to contradict the evidence seen with our own eyes over the past year. 

If Britain was any kind of normal country and functioning democracy then Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock's positions would now be untenable.

But when you have an electorate like the one in Hartlepool that elected an MP who spent alot of time in the Cayman islands, it doesn't give much hope for the future. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

whilst Gove said in an urgency question in the commons thats Johnson never used their words.

Er---no he didn't. He said he hadn't heard those words spoken. It was later confirmed that he wasn't in the room at the time!

I'd welcome a repost.

3 hours ago, den said:

Why aren’t you criticising the Govt for their late lockdowns, not following the science and overseeing tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths as I have throughout?

Yes---you'd think anyone would----not just life-long Labour supporters.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Er---no he didn't. He said he hadn't heard those words spoken. It was later confirmed that he wasn't in the room at the time!

I'd welcome a repost.

Glad to help

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

It's reasonable to believe Cummings today though surely? If not you're accusing him of one of the most serious crimes you can commit in a democracy.

Like proroguing parliament? or lying to the country about Brexit? 

He's got form Mike, as I said, its desperate stuff.

That said, I bet Johnson and Hancock had a rather uncomfortable nights sleep.

10 hours ago, den said:

I think you knew that.

I don't understand why there should be a question of belief, surely this should all be part of public record. Are these meeting not all minuted ? and if not why not ?

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

Like proroguing parliament? or lying to the country about Brexit? 

He's got form Mike, as I said, its desperate stuff.

That said, I bet Johnson and Hancock had a rather uncomfortable nights sleep.

Isn't that the point? As an advisor, the buck for those stops not with him but with the decision maker, Johnson.

What he doesn't have form for (yet) is lying under oath, while Johnson has a fairly substantial record of 'mistaken untruths' to the House, the Queen, the public, his wives and mistresses, his children, and his employers.

I agree he's an absolute snake, but it doesn't mean he's lying. If he IS lying, then it means Johnson has been telling the truth to the public since his election as PM and we all know through significant evidence that isn't the case.

Posted (edited)

Dominic Cummings is a slimey egotistical  opportunist so people hanging off his every word need to give their head a shake but the same goes for anyone who will disregard everything he has too say because he's untrustworthy. Most should be able to recognise a degree of truth in what he was saying mixed in with some obvious BS

He's a very intelligent man and whilst he has a lot of questionable views he does have a lot of views that hit the nail on the head around the civil service and the inefficiency of government and from what I've seen of yesterday's committee those views were consistently presented. His analysis of Hancock and Johnson is consistent with what everyone thought anyway. I'd take with a pinch of salt his claims that he was the only one who knew how bad it was going to be and he wishes he hit the panic button sooner

Edited by RoverDom