BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Politics

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The question was answered but as per usual you didn't like the answer. No surprise there. 

You didn't answer you just dismissed the poll and then said something that made absolutely no sense. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why do you keep switching between different polls which shows Conservative party and Johnson worst then the previous week. Look deeper into the polling info like number of people polled, area polled from, age, who the voting for in the last election, social group, etc. 

Is this serious or satire?

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You didn't answer you just dismissed the poll and then said something that made absolutely no sense. 

Your question was answered. Just need to accept the answer. 

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Is this serious

100%. 

That's how you read political polls

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your question was answered. Just need to accept the answer. 

100%. 

That's how you read political polls

So if polls are good for the Tories you accept but if they aren't doing so well then you just dismiss them. Great consistency as always from you.

One thing has really struck me with the bits of the Cummings interview and the news coverage that I'm trying my best to avoid. Cummings was busy at the start of the 2020 contemplating getting rid of Johnson, he was briefing to the media, trying to maintain his position and bollox to anyone that got in his way. 

At the beginning on 2020 this country faced the biggest pandemic in living memory, almost 130k people have died and yet Downing Street was full of self-serving arseholes like Cummings and Johnson looking after themselves, no wonder the death toll is so high, no wonder Cummings, Johnson and this government have failed this country, a jail cell is where they belong. 

I also think its rather ironic that the Brexit campaign was fought along the lines of not being dictated to by non elected bureaucrats, step forward Dominic Cummings, a non elected bureaucrat with illusions of grandeur and ideas way beyond his station.

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

So if polls are good for the Tories you accept but if they aren't doing so well then you just dismiss them. Great consistency as always from you.

Maybe look at what I said again. I look more in depth into polls and the data behind it. Abit like your Post yesterday Johnson's job performance being disapproved than approved but when you look deeper into the numbers its shows that Conservative voter vastly approve of his job performance, Leave voters do and 47% of over the age 65 approve of his job compare to 41% who don't. This is what I mean by looking more in depth at the data and not just the top page. 

Also you were posting YouGov poll when it show voters disapproved of Johnson's performance but not the poll from YouGov which given the Conservative Party 13 points lead. But you were very happy to post another poll from a different polling company when its shown what you wanted. hardly consistent is it from you Ewood

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Are you familiar with the concept  confirmation bias?

I would have thought by now you would have accept that I am big fan of Boris Johnson and Conservative voter. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe look at what I said again. I look more in depth into polls and the data behind it. Abit like your Post yesterday Johnson's job performance being disapproved than approved but when you look deeper into the numbers its shows that Conservative voter vastly approve of his job performance, Leave voters do and 47% of over the age 65 approve of his job compare to 41% who don't. This is what I mean by looking more in depth at the data and not just the top page. 

So what point are you making here? That only the opinion of conservative voters matter? That only the opinion of leave voters matter? That only people who share your view points matter? You've looked more in depth and come up with some compelte bollocks. 

If you looked in depth and found that only Labour members were surveyed you can write it off as bias. If you looked and found they'd only asked a particular demographic you could write it off as not representative.

You've looked in depth and concluded some people agree with you. Big whoop. Don't, whatever you do, get a career in data analysis. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would have thought by now you would have accept that I am big fan of Boris Johnson and Conservative voter. 

I have accepted that and that's precisely why I asked if you were famiar with confirmation bias. Clearly you are not. 

Poverty and inequality has burgeoned during 11 years of Conservative rule

https://bylinetimes.com/2021/07/21/an-unequal-kingdom-12-graphs-that-show-how-we-were-never-in-this-together/?fbclid=IwAR3KFddIyJBwgeR_9jWH6e_xSiMyg-QGrNJURLe5dU09F3xXCxctIVo-H4E

I  wonder if the "big fan of Boris Johnson and Conservative voter" has anything to say? 

Edited by jim mk2

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look in depth at the numbers from this polls and not just the top page @RoverDom

Thats how you look at polls

56% of londoners disapprove. 

51% of northerners disapprove

More men disapprove than women

18- 64 year old disapprove

We can all pluck segments of data out. However in the context of how the poll was posted its the equivalent of Tony Mowbray reeling off pointless stats after we've lost a game. 

Plucking the segments out is also pointless unless you're making a particular point. You didn't make a specific point when you cherry picked your stats therefore one can only assume you are deflecting from the overall top line which is more people disapprove of this government than approve. 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kier Starmer is forced to self isolating for 10 days now after one of his children tests positive. Should he have been in the commons today? 

https://mol.im/a/9810597

Sir Keir is doing daily tests and tested negative this morning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57918823

Please contact Central Office for advice on doing a retraction

They're experts

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe look at what I said again. I look more in depth into polls and the data behind it. Abit like your Post yesterday Johnson's job performance being disapproved than approved but when you look deeper into the numbers its shows that Conservative voter vastly approve of his job performance,

Shock horror Conservative voters approve of Conservative government, will wonders never cease. You can twist numbers all you want if I wanted to I could twist them the other way to make the numbers look even worse but the simple fact is in terms of the whole electorate the government in the latest You Gov poll is polling at net -18%. If you have a problem with that poll then take it up with You Gov. 

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Also @Ewood Ace why didn't you post this poll that came out on the day as the Survation poll you posted yesterday. I know why cos the poll shows not what you want

I didn't need to post it because you had already done so. When you see a poll you like it is up on this thread quicker than 'PM' Johnson has his trousers off around a Pole Dancer. 

I did respond to a question you asked about that poll which is more than you have been able to do with the poll that I have posted.

Edited by Ewood Ace

10 hours ago, Silas said:

You've used the word "truth" in connection to Dominic Cummings about half a dozen times these last few days.

So.....just a little reminder for you:

😉😜

Once again and again, It is not about trusting Cummings all of a sudden! Its about the evidence he has provided which has never been challenged.

I don't understand why you can't follow that.

9 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

When you see a poll you like it is up on this thread quicker than 'PM' Johnson has his trousers off around a Pole Dancer. 

Coffee on keyboard moment 😂

Very good Ewood Ace 😂

Edited by Gav

Dawn Butler kicked out of the commons for the rest of the day for refusing to withdraw her comment that Johnson lies and lies and lies.

Very sad that the HOC has become a place where lies go unpunished but telling the truth doesn’t.

Edited by den

Well done Dawn for saying it exactly as it is

Everyone knows Dawn is right. Johnson has lied repeatedly in the Commons but that is apparently OK.

The "mother" of parliaments has very little credibility because Johnson is allowed to get away with it

It's ridiculous that this happens in a so-called democracy.

• Moderation Lead

They’re trying to force through a law (may have succeeded?) to stop journalists printing articles that embarrass the Government. 
Almost like they don’t do that already…

Just following on from the brilliant Dawn Butler lies clip.

Jeremy Corbyn asking a question last week about tackling racism, what planet is he on:

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

They’re trying to force through a law (may have succeeded?) to stop journalists printing articles that embarrass the Government. 

Yeah that'll back fire when Johnson stops getting any airtime just to be on the safe side. 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Between this, stopping the right to protest, changing the constituency lines, ignoring independent reviews, breaking the law, having no consequences for MPs doing so, silencing the BBC and more I'm convinced that they are looking to get this as near to a dictatorship as possible. In fact I think the evidence thats their destination is pretty damning. 

On 21/07/2021 at 23:07, jim mk2 said:

Sir Keir is doing daily tests and tested negative this morning

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57918823

Please contact Central Office for advice on doing a retraction

They're experts

My point was more why you test a child in the afternoon when you would naturally do them in a morning. Surely you would do them all in the morning as a Family. 

I am fully how to lateral flow test Jim since I have been doing for months Jim. Hope you are doing yours Jim twice a week

On 21/07/2021 at 23:28, Ewood Ace said:

Shock horror Conservative voters approve of Conservative government, will wonders never cease. You can twist numbers all you want if I wanted to I could twist them the other way to make the numbers look even worse but the simple fact is in terms of the whole electorate the government in the latest You Gov poll is polling at net -18%. If you have a problem with that poll then take it up with You Gov. 

But PM Johnson numbers are still better than Starmer and Conservative are doing much better than Labour in the national poll. 

On 21/07/2021 at 23:28, Ewood Ace said:

I didn't need to post it because you had already done so. When you see a poll you like it is up on this thread quicker than 'PM' Johnson has his trousers off around a Pole Dancer. 

I did respond to a question you asked about that poll which is more than you have been able to do with the poll that I have posted.

I posted it cos you haven't despite it coming out on the same day. We all know why Ewood. No need to deny it

Ewood, I have given you my answer to your poll you posted and question. It aint my fault you didn't like the answer