9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you listen to the statement that answer the above point. That's why I said listen to the statement

That's your opinion. Other people have different opinion. Look at the people they interview on Sky News. Most aren't bothered. 

Firstly the media has started all this stuff. Talking about the same old stuff hour after hour. 

More speculation about how many phones he had. Really? 

He did the 30 mile test to check to see if he was fit enough to drive so far. Physical as well Eye sight. Listen to the statement

The son need a toilet break on the way back to London from Durham not on the 30 mins drive which was after 14 days of isolation. 

Chaddy. Time to get off the Boris Bus mate.

It has four flat tires and no battery.

And it has lying slogans painted all over it but in your heart of heart you knew that all along didn't you? 

(Even in the midst of the Pandemic crisis, they've not given an extra £350m per week to the NHS)

Edited by philipl
  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would offer an insight into the School Meal Voucher scheme being used to provide vouchers to those parents and children that need it desperately.  The scheme is provided by Edenred a co

This sermon is brought to you by the Daily Mail. Victim-blaming repugnant nonsense. 

You need to completely change your perspective. Do you think they don’t realise how dangerous is?  They don’t have other options. Of course it’s dangerous but the alternative, for most, is l

Posted Images

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has anyone seen that SNP Party leader Iain Blackford has claimed 242,000 in Expenses over the last year?

Chaddy you seem to be an expert on the geography of Britain, well County Durham Central Office Atlas version.

Where do you think Iain Blackford's home is?

There is a hint in your sentence and how he came to run up those expenses, he is the WESTMINSTER leader of the SCOTTISH National Party

You clearly are clueless about the cost of transport in Britain or the cost of accommodation within the Division Bell radius of London.

Have you any idea how expensive the Night Caledonian is? 

You do realise that when he has gone the 350 miles London to Glasgow, he has another 250 miles to go to get to his home on the Isle of Sky?

(I will give you a helping hand, 250 miles is the same as Islington to Durham)

So we have had Johnson twice and Cummings once dig themselves into ever deeper holes.

They have made the mess worse and destroyed any credibility they may have had.

They have utterly failed to either provide credible answers or deflect or diffuse.

For the record, Cummings yesterday:

- contradicted Shapps who less than 24 hours earlier said Cummings had stayed home in Durham by stating he left home three times

- stated he hasn't been back to Durham contradicting multiple eye-witnesses (the give away was he contradicted an eye witness who claimed to see him there on 19 April- giving wriggle room for every other date between 14 April and now)

- admitted to breaking the law twice by driving with impaired vision (PM emphasised the point by getting his own glasses out) and while knowing he was seriously unwell

- if the oft repeated half hour Durham to Barnard Castle is true, he was speeding

He also broke guidelines for isolation while he, his wife and child were all unwell believing they had the virus, broke the "Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives" slogan he wrote himself and advice for taking breaks during long car journeys. 

Cummings was sufficiently specific for him to be contradictable and vague to point to where the lies and half-truths are. 

Looking at the media, the sharks smell blood in the water.

Looking at public comments, the anger and disgust is immense.

As a Remainer, this looks like a shit show which might save Britain from the No Deal Brexit the fascist right has planned for you.

Edited by philipl
8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

No, but I’d agree this is a common attempt at deflection. Albeit an absolutely embarrassing one.

This thread is in denial of that and this is a classic case of 'i don't like the thought of that so we won't entertain it'

2 members of the backroom jump on anything like that straight away. Why when it's a widely held opinion, probable fact... outside of this little enclave who just don't like it.

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This thread is in denial of that and this is a classic case of 'i don't like the thought of that so we won't entertain it'

2 members of the backroom jump on anything like that straight away. Why when it's a widely held opinion, probable fact... outside of this little enclave who just don't like it.

Sorry you feel that way, but I’m a poster with views of my own, that’s also a moderator.

(Who said men can’t multi task?)

But for real, it’s legitimately the same the other way, in terms of what you’ve said. Depends on your peer group, I suppose. Either way, everyone has certainly a right to an opinion, no matter how bizarre some of the things they believe are.

On the first paragraph, if there was ever a consensus that moderators shouldn’t post and should simply moderate, it would be something that would have to be considered.

10 minutes ago, philipl said:

Oh and apparently someone has dug up title deeds and his father doesn't own the woods where he, his Mrs and child frolicked on her birthday.

Why dont they think people will check this??? 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Sorry you feel that way, but I’m a poster with views of my own, that’s also a moderator.

(Who said men can’t multi task?)

But for real, it’s legitimately the same the other way, in terms of what you’ve said. Depends on your peer group, I suppose. Either way, everyone has certainly a right to an opinion, no matter how bizarre some of the things they believe are.

On the first paragraph, if there was ever a consensus that moderators shouldn’t post and should simply moderate, it would be something that would have to be considered.

For grown adults i don't think it's necessarily down to peer groups that's like saying everyone voted Brexit because of some numbers on the side of a bus.

Yes it does work both ways but like i said the other day these incidents clearly show how weighted to the left/remain the MSM is. It goes way beyond trying to just give true facts to the general public it's presented in a hysterical nasty way to influence and swing them. Like football it's all about fine lines. If Johnson had stood him down even if it was temporarily whilst the dust blew over or even one of his white lies it would have been seen to be doing something. It would have nipped the hounds chasing him in the bud and lived up to his man of the people tag.

Sadly he hasn't got the brains for that or is too loyal ( or scared ).

This whole virus thing very quickly became a political points machine and at the heart of it is Momentum i'd suggest they've many fingers in the media no matter who owns what.  Today we are back onto the 'most deaths per million' etc yet the curve has been flattened out a bit in most  UK places. Those graphs could look different in a few weeks compared to other places in the world and lets hope they do.

For now though it's back to Johnson caused X amount of deaths, lockdown ( which we wanted an exit strategy from ) is ending too early, 2nd peak incoming worse than the first. Johnson will kill many more.  No mention of the Chinese cause of it and what should be done about that.

I guess what i'm saying is there isn't much balance allowed to develop on here and when mods jump on any opposite views with barbed comments that they pass for opinion there won't be.

Edited by tomphil
11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

For grown adults i don't think it's necessarily down to peer groups that's like saying everyone voted Brexit because of some numbers on the side of a bus.

Yes it does work both ways but like i said the other day these incidents clearly show how weighted to the left/remain the MSM is. 

I dont think that's necessarily true. A lot of people perceive large number of the news papers to be in favour of the tory paper and brexit. Do you remember the pasting Jeremy Corbyn got at the last election? large amount of it down to stuff other than his policies. 

Even last weekend after Starmer had just walked all over Johnson at PMQs a paper ran a story trying to shame him for owning land yet nothing on the fact that sunaks wealth makes starmer look like a peasant. 

I think ultimately the press cant win either way. The left and the right both claim that the BBC is heavily biased against there view so there is a tendancy for people to see headlines that conflict with their views and scream bias yet the ones that agree with them maybe arent as note worthy. I know I felt that the media was rooting for boris at the last election but that's possibly because I wasnt? 

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I dont think that's necessarily true. A lot of people perceive large number of the news papers to be in favour of the tory paper and brexit. Do you remember the pasting Jeremy Corbyn got at the last election? large amount of it down to stuff other than his policies. 

Even last weekend after Starmer had just walked all over Johnson at PMQs a paper ran a story trying to shame him for owning land yet nothing on the fact that sunaks wealth makes starmer look like a peasant. 

I think ultimately the press cant win either way. The left and the right both claim that the BBC is heavily biased against there view so there is a tendancy for people to see headlines that conflict with their views and scream bias yet the ones that agree with them maybe arent as note worthy. I know I felt that the media was rooting for boris at the last election but that's possibly because I wasnt? 

Fair comments i think part of the problem is certain media outlets and publications just try to outdo each other. So whatever the news of the day the hyperbole goes up and up with each station or paper.

We all fall for it at times but better to just take a step back now and again and try and look from the middle not i'm staunch this that and the other so i'll only ever entertain a view or others opinions that fit that.

I dont think BBC bias is in their actual headlines. For me in the build up to the last election it was in their vox pops.  They would put out a reasonably unbiased leader but well over half of those interviewed afterwards appeared to be pro Tory whilst across the electorate the proportion was lower.

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I dont think BBC bias is in their actual headlines. For me in the build up to the last election it was in their vox pops.  They would put out a reasonably unbiased leader but well over half of those interviewed afterwards appeared to be pro Tory whilst across the electorate the proportion was lower.

The BBC's coverage of the Cummings press conference was a disgrace and ought to be the subject of a complaint to its standards and ethics committee and also Ofcom. Having a commentator from alt-right site such as Guido Fawkes  and having quotes only and tweets from Conservative supporters after the event is not good journalism and is not the impartial standard one would expect from the BBC.

The Mail (to its credit) has joined the Mirror and Guardian in calling out Cummings and the government and reflect better the views of the country at large

One thing I dont agree with is door stepping his parents house. Completely undermines the story. 

Not a fan of door stepping him either, partly because he's got a young child in the house. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Large section of people??? Size? 

MP's from the conservatives party have come out since Cummings did his statement and Q&A? 

And many people will trust the government after they protect people wages with the furlough scheme, mortgage holiday scheme, loans and Grants to small and medium businesses. People will remember what they did to protect their wages, homes, mortgages and businesses. That's what the majority of people will remember. 

Wrong Chaddy. From a daily mail columnist...

46 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

One thing I dont agree with is door stepping his parents house. Completely undermines the story. 

Not a fan of door stepping him either, partly because he's got a young child in the house. 

How do you get to talk to the parents, to find out the their side of the story? 

Doors stepping has to be done sometimes in unpleasant circumstances but it is a necessary and vital part of the reporter's job 

5 hours ago, philipl said:

So we have had Johnson twice and Cummings once dig themselves into ever deeper holes.

They have made the mess worse and destroyed any credibility they may have had.

They have utterly failed to either provide credible answers or deflect or diffuse.

For the record, Cummings yesterday:

- contradicted Shapps who less than 24 hours earlier said Cummings had stayed home in Durham by stating he left home three times

- stated he hasn't been back to Durham contradicting multiple eye-witnesses (the give away was he contradicted an eye witness who claimed to see him there on 19 April- giving wriggle room for every other date between 14 April and now)

- admitted to breaking the law twice by driving with impaired vision (PM emphasised the point by getting his own glasses out) and while knowing he was seriously unwell

- if the oft repeated half hour Durham to Barnard Castle is true, he was speeding

He also broke guidelines for isolation while he, his wife and child were all unwell believing they had the virus, broke the "Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives" slogan he wrote himself and advice for taking breaks during long car journeys. 

Cummings was sufficiently specific for him to be contradictable and vague to point to where the lies and half-truths are. 

Looking at the media, the sharks smell blood in the water.

Looking at public comments, the anger and disgust is immense.

As a Remainer, this looks like a shit show which might save Britain from the No Deal Brexit the fascist right has planned for you.

Can we please STOP making this about Brexit? I'm no Brexiteer, I'm a full-on Remainer, but this is absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

It's everything to do with Cummings being superior to the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

How do you get to talk to the parents, to find out the their side of the story? 

Doors stepping has to be done sometimes in unpleasant circumstances but it is a necessary and vital part of the reporter's job 

Ring them. Email them. If they dont want to talk they don't have to, I dont think it's right to harass them. Dominic Cummings has engineered himself into a position where he is very high profile and subject to media scrutiny so to an extent I get why you might door step him but I dont like that his parents are dragged into this, they didnt ask to be put in the media spotlight. 

12 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Can we all agree that the anti Brexit left, including many on this board, and a lot of the media, are making a big deal because this guy was the architect of Brexit? And they’re all still a bit cheesed off about not being able to overturn a democratic result. 

I want him fired because he's obviously a nasty, arrogant barsteward who is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is. The thought of a guy like that being the power behind the throne fills me with dread. In a time of maximum threat to this country we need level headed clear thinkers calling the shots, not blokes who are clearly one sandwich short of a picnic.  

59 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

He made his parents part of the story by using them as part of his excuse.

3 hours ago, gumboots said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52802703

Even Kuensberg is telling you, Chaddy, that yesterday did not serve its purpose. People are not to be deflected and Cummings got the lockdown generally wrong in the first place and then has totally misjudged the countrys mood.

Kuesberg is useless and the questions he has asked during this entire crisis has been embarrassed. 

Cummings made the best decision he did at the time. I aint going to criticise any parent who make sure their had the right child care in place. 

42 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

The media has caused this by printing false claims over a number of months. No it no wonder that the British media is hated around the world. Camping outside his house with a child inside is wrong or outside his parents/sister house is just wrong But the media don't want to discuss this. 

At least you have condemned it Dom

6 minutes ago, den said:

Wrong Chaddy. From a daily mail columnist...

Well did you expect them to go up? 

You would expect a drop in approval rating in recent days but you ride the storm out. Just like Bill Clinton did in the 90's. This storm will settle down and The country can get back to focusing like Economy, Jobs, infrastructure and redevelopment spending, NHS spending. But you don't want to focus on this Den due you. You would rather focus on Husband and father who make a decision he thought was best for his family and their safety. So you are endorsing people/media camping around his house whilst a children is in the home or camping around his Parents/sister home? But you don't want to talk about these issues do you? wonder why? 

But if you look at the other data these did 5 days you will find that conservatives have 13 points lead over the Labour. 46 % to 33%. You don't mention this do you?