Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn Rovers Trainers!


Recommended Posts

Yep. Pretty good but no trace of them on any search relating to Adidas. Don't know why they wouldn't have spent thousands on producing hundreds of pairs of these tbh! They'd sell like hot cakes! 

Barcelona Messi, Pogba United, Salah liverpool? No lads, the money's in Rovers trainers! (Yes I know about the gary Aspen ones!)

Let me know when the Brereton one's are released & reserve me a pair of size 9s!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah ok. Done a bit of digging & it turns out that these are not an adidas release but a customisation service & it looks like the guy who does it is a rovers fan (going off his posts on FB). Is this u mate? If so I apologise for the sharpness of my earlier post.

Not sure on the legalities but they look pretty good & not just Rovers ones. I'm not promoting it or advocating it, but google 'adidas matt Jansen trainers' if interested in having a look. That's how I found it.

Edited by windymiller7
Spelling after beer!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Ah ok. Done a bit of digging & it turns out that these are not an adidas release but a customisation service & it looks like the guy who does it is a rovers fan (going off his posts on FB). Is this u mate? If so I apologise for the sharpness of my earlier post.

Not sure on the legalities but they look pretty good & not just Rovers ones. I'm not promoting it or advocating it, but google 'adidas matt Jansen trainers' if interested in having a look. That's how I found it.

No  not me selling them mate, Matt Jansen posted about them on his Insta which brought them to my attention and Yes I believe he is a Rovers fan. 

Yeah I am guessing there could be problems if addidas get wind of it! 

Screenshot_20200126-090237_Instagram.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Yep. Pretty good but no trace of them on any search relating to Adidas. Don't know why they wouldn't have spent thousands on producing hundreds of pairs of these tbh! They'd sell like hot cakes! 

Barcelona Messi, Pogba United, Salah liverpool? No lads, the money's in Rovers trainers! (Yes I know about the gary Aspen ones!)

Let me know when the Brereton one's are released & reserve me a pair of size 9s!

You wouldn't want a pair of the Brererton ones. They come with two left shoes and they cost a fortune.

When I was a serious buyer of trainers for actually playing in I preferred " PUMA " until they started manufacturing them in fourth world countries like Treasure Island etc. I'm more of a fun buyer now so it's the fashion brands now like " Lacoste ", Oliver Spencer " etc. The last pair of trainers I bought were by "Trussardi ". 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You wouldn't want a pair of the Brererton ones. They come with two left shoes and they cost a fortune.

When I was a serious buyer of trainers for actually playing in I preferred " PUMA " until they started manufacturing them in fourth world countries like Treasure Island etc. I'm more of a fun buyer now so it's the fashion brands now like " Lacoste ", Oliver Spencer " etc. The last pair of trainers I bought were by "Trussardi ". 

Made me chuckle that.

Slightly off topic, but I love the Trussardi mens fragrances. Have a bottle of 'My Land' & 'Riflesso'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Prelude said:

Yeah I am guessing there could be problems if addidas get wind of it! 

Screenshot_20200126-090237_Instagram.jpg

Not if the UK gets a good trade deal with China ?

Roll a billion out only 10 dollar each.

Anyway, it seems trademarks and licensing laws have been abolished worldwide. Just look at that Orlando Rovers team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slightly more off topic I used to work at a place that provided you with safety boots for free. When the shipment arrived I went and got my boots and my workmates boots as well. We had the same style boots and the same shoe size. I swapped his right boot for my left boot in his shoe box. So he had two left boots in the box. When it was lunch time I innocently said - " The new boots are here Rod, are you trying yours on ? "

Well he got the first one on the correct foot ok  but watching him trying to get a left foot boot on his right foot was hilarious. It was only when I burst out laughing that he realised that he'd been had.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Prelude said:

No  not me selling them mate, Matt Jansen posted about them on his Insta which brought them to my attention and Yes I believe he is a Rovers fan. 

Yeah I am guessing there could be problems if addidas get wind of it! 

Screenshot_20200126-090237_Instagram.jpg

I don't personally think there would be any issues with Adidas regarding legalities . Its a pretty common thing amongst the Adi Family fraternity to customise trainers and openly advertise the fact plus post finished articles. If you buy a pair of Gazelles and re dye a different colour no problem ..your trainers. The customised ones are usually a one off  for individuals and not mass produced and sold as  . Ive seen the Frank Gallagher! customised trainer and I think they were possibly sold to raise money for charity .

Customers own that are customised. In a nut shell.

Possibly more problems from "Stars" who are sponsored by Nike and don't want their name emblazoned all over a pair of Adidas !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

I don't personally think there would be any issues with Adidas regarding legalities . Its a pretty common thing amongst the Adi Family fraternity to customise trainers and openly advertise the fact plus post finished articles. If you buy a pair of Gazelles and re dye a different colour no problem ..your trainers. The customised ones are usually a one off  for individuals and not mass produced and sold as  . Ive seen the Frank Gallagher! customised trainer and I think they were possibly sold to raise money for charity .

Customers own that are customised. In a nut shell.

Possibly more problems from "Stars" who are sponsored by Nike and don't want their name emblazoned all over a pair of Adidas !

I thought the Adidas  " three stripes " were copyrighted ? How would that play out with the " DasslersCraft " logo ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought the Adidas  " three stripes " were copyrighted ? How would that play out with the " DasslersCraft " logo ?

He isn’t selling Adidas trainers. He’s offering to customise your existing trainers. You provide him with the trainers, he customises. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought the Adidas  " three stripes " were copyrighted ? How would that play out with the " DasslersCraft " logo ?

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jun/19/adidas-loses-three-stripe-trademark-battle-in-european-court

The adidas trefoil (the three leafs (sp) ) does have © and obviously the word Adidas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dasslers Craft is run by the son of an old friend of mine from way back when. Darreners and a keen Rovers family who now live down in Devon. To the best of my knowledge, all legit and above board, so no issues with Adidas. The finished articles are very impressive and I’ve given them plenty of likes and acknowledgements on Facebook. Not just limited to Rovers either, can be any other teams, Rugby Leage, personalities, tv people and so on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.