Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

“It is vital that the Force can show it has the interests of the people of County Durham and Darlington at its heart, so that the model of policing by consent, independent of government but answerable to the law, is maintained.“

well for sure Dominic Cummings didn’t have the interests of the people of Durham at heart when he took the virus up there, potentially spreading it around Barnard Castle for one instance.

I know that is yet to be proven, but Cummings was with the PM all of yesterday. He would have asked Cummings about Barnard Castle and Johnson didn’t deny that he had been there, nobody in government has denied it including Shapps, therefore it follows in my mind that he did go there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • chaddyrovers

    1433

  • Gav

    1325

  • den

    1124

  • RoverDom

    1043

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

False dichotomy alert. I don't quite see how the two are related. I mean it's not an either or is it? Given the furlough and mortgage schemes (both excellent btw) are already in place before Cumm

Have spent a couple of days thinking what to write on here as I am utterly bewildered as to what this so called government is up to regarding schools. Firstly, before Christmas my school had seve

All I can say is it's a nice bonus as a key worker that my son arrived today instead of his due date of 22nd December. Work have very generously offered me extended Pat Leave for 3 weeks full pay as o

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Gav said:

You have to hope that some journalist with a scent of blood is currently sifting through cctv footage from service stations and petrol stations between London and Durham.

They also know the exact time and location he was seen at Barnard Castle, can’t be to difficult to can it? 

Doesn't the data protection act prevent random folk accessing CCTV images?

Edited by riverkiller
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

The police will have all the ANPR data that definitively shows where Cummings car has travelled. Im sure they've already reviewed it and wondering if to leak it or not.

Edit - a quick read up of the regulations suggest most traffic police and detectives have access to the database so you would think a leak is quite easy.

I asked a copper mate and he said such a search would flag up. They'd know which officer accessed it and he'd probably be disciplined if he weren't investigating / did leak it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, den said:

“It is vital that the Force can show it has the interests of the people of County Durham and Darlington at its heart, so that the model of policing by consent, independent of government but answerable to the law, is maintained.“

well for sure Dominic Cummings didn’t have the interests of the people of Durham at heart when he took the virus up there, potentially spreading it around Barnard Castle for one instance.

I know that is yet to be proven, but Cummings was with the PM all of yesterday. He would have asked Cummings about Barnard Castle and Johnson didn’t deny that he had been there, nobody in government has denied it including Shapps, therefore it follows in my mind that he did go there.

I do know that GSK have their labs up at Castle Barnard, perhaps he was doing a dodgy deal on the Coronavirus vaccine behind AZ back.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I do know that GSK have their labs up at Castle Barnard, perhaps he was doing a dodgy deal on the Coronavirus vaccine behind AZ back.....

Would he not just do it by zoom? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not really being serious. But you never know, they are AZ big competitor

My fault for skimming the thread but the same point has been made not in jest all over Twitter.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mmm. Cummings followed the rules applicable to *his* family. As distinct from the rules applicable to you plebs.
Quote Tweet
 
24dDdmqg_normal.jpg
Dominic Raab
Dominic Cummings gave a detailed account of his actions and how he followed the rules applicable to his family. Meanwhile, Cabinet met today and was totally focused on tackling C19 & moving the country forward.
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is utter bollocks listening to the live press conference.

Government introducing quarantine for arrivals from 8 June and the 10 Downing Street answer to a basic question from the public is a total shambles.

Every other country in Europe has been doing this since March, many since February. There are multiple opportunities to use the experience of others ands use best of class.

Johnson falling apart under questioning from the media and avoiding every question.

 

Edited by philipl
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, philipl said:

This is utter bollocks listening to the live press conference.

Government introducing quarantine for arrivals from 8 June and the 10 Downing Street answer to a basic question from the public is a total shambles.

Every other country in Europe has been doing this since March, many since February. There are multiple opportunities to use the experience of others ands use best of class.

Johnson falling apart under questioning from the media and avoiding every question.

 

I fear for the conduct of our attempt to get a grip of the coronavirus outbreak with this government in charge. They are out of their depth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael gove also on BBC breakfast stating that the fact he went to Barnard Castle (a nice lovely beauty spot) on his wife's birthday and easter sunday is immaterial.

People will beleive this!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dan said:

Crazy to think how daft people were to attend Cheltenham

Plenty people said so on here at the time not "with hindsight".

Utterly incredible that the government, who are surely more informed than we are (?) saw fit to do nothing about it.

Or, given Cummings behaviour,---maybe not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.