• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaddyrovers

• Gav

• den

• RoverDom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

False dichotomy alert. I don't quite see how the two are related. I mean it's not an either or is it? Given the furlough and mortgage schemes (both excellent btw) are already in place before Cumm

Have spent a couple of days thinking what to write on here as I am utterly bewildered as to what this so called government is up to regarding schools. Firstly, before Christmas my school had seve

as you know i dont post on here anymore but i will this once just to wish everyone the best and hope everyone stays safe and comes thru at the other side  of this sad mess.  i would also like to

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Good post. 

I can’t help but get the impression that deep within this crisis there’s now an acceptance for hyperbolic catchphrases. Almost everything is linked to an “exponential increase” and there’s a lot of “surges” in data. 

Fact checking has become increasingly difficult too. Everybody is now producing their own stats and it’s difficult to decipher the actual truth behind them- numbers can be distorted to paint whatever picture someone wants to paint. 

In this instance, several fold would lead one to assume Cheltenham had a dramatic increase in cases in comparison to local areas. That simply isn’t the case. 

It’s got nothing to do with comparing to other areas. There were large spikes following those sporting events and something caused that. The scientists Have seen those spikes and have said that in their opinion the cause of those spikes were very likely to be the mass gatherings.  

If you know that’s the wrong decision then tell me what did cause those spikes?

Other spikes in other locations had causes as well but we don’t know what the scientists put those down to.

dead simple really. 

Edited by den

Hancock saying it is our civic duty to engage with track and trace. Given recent events - and more so their handling of them - this is spectacularly bad timing for the track and trace to be introduced. Appealling to people to engage with this on the basis of civic duty is not going to have anywhere near the same effects given trust and togetherness have been pretty much obliterated. What makes this even worse is that it seems as though this is an important scheme. 

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

I have no problem with posting out testing kits, although they do seem to be difficult to adminster properly so i assume many are being wasted. The problem I have is that the Government count them as done as soon as they are in the van. Clearly the sensible way to count them is when they have been analysed - that's when they're done. That would very simply give us a total number of tests.

I have spoken to several people who have done home tests and they are difficult to do if you dont follow the instructions. You can do it yourself when you do the drive through test if you wish but they test personal on site to do the test for you. Depends whether you are confident doing it yourself which I wouldn't be able to do

3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Doesnt make it right. By that logic we should stop helping domestic abuse victims - women get beaten all the time, that just what happens. 

That's it what politics is about. President Clinton, President Bush, Prime Minister Blair all ride the storm out over different issues. 

The Cummings situation and helping domestic abuse victims are 2 completely different things as you will know

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think they want Johnson and Cummings to keep digging the big hole they are in a bit deeper.

Keir Starmer been very quiet recently. Couldn't wait to do a Video on Saturday. 

Like I said before we NEED to start focus on restarting the economy, start focusing on people jobs, mortgages and securing jobs for the future, plus re training people who have lost their jobs, Investing in infrastructure and redevelopment projects, Keep funding the NHS through the NHS Funding bill, get our kids back in education system and learning to their can get the grades their deserve and get the jobs they want. Plus supporting our small and medium size businesses through this time.  This is what we need to focusing on thinking about now not a man who drove to Durham for the reasons he did. Does that cummings drive matter more the things I have listed above in your opinion?

No but you cant move on till you're satisfied with the situation. Sweeping what he did under the carpet doesn't get rid of the mess. It just makes a bump in your carpet. If you leave it there people keep looking and when the next pile of mess is swept under there it gets even worse. Johnson needs to act like a PM and get rid of Cummings, then we can begin to move on. While he remains Johnsons ratings are dropping, public confidence in the government among those who had any confidence in them to start with is dropping. He needs to go then perhaps rebuilding can begin.

20 minutes ago, gumboots said:

No but you cant move on till you're satisfied with the situation. Sweeping what he did under the carpet doesn't get rid of the mess. It just makes a bump in your carpet. If you leave it there people keep looking and when the next pile of mess is swept under there it gets even worse. Johnson needs to act like a PM and get rid of Cummings, then we can begin to move on. While he remains Johnsons ratings are dropping, public confidence in the government among those who had any confidence in them to start with is dropping. He needs to go then perhaps rebuilding can begin.

I'm sure that so reassuring to people who are being made redundant and possible losing their Homes due to lack of money to pay the Mortgage. Mr Cummings is more important than you losing your job or Home Sir or Madam. 

We can move on by getting this country back on track and restarting the economy and my list above which is more important than Mr Cummings affair. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

And getting rid of Cummings would be the first step in restarting. Dont know why you cant see this. He is not helping the government at all at the moment. That's what these Tory MPs who are calling for him to go are recognising.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sure that so reassuring to people who are being made redundant and possible losing their Homes due to lack of money to pay the Mortgage. Mr Cummings is more important than you losing your job or Home Sir or Madam. 

We can move on by getting this country back on track and restarting the economy and my list above which is more important than Mr Cummings affair. 

Yes but for you Mr Cummings could've murdered a couple of grannies and you would praise it as a humane act. 

It's clearly important as, like I suggested in my post, it erodes public trust in the government and their rules, which of course could see people ignoring both, limiting the effectiveness of the disease. 

Even if you don't think he did anything wrong (and tbh when 40+ of the Tory party and all newspapers do you get the feeling there may just be something in this) you have to be worried about the impact it will have on people's compliance with the rules. Even if you think he has done nothing wrong, that a significant majority are unhappy with the situation and see it as different rules for them and us should cause alarm and suggests it needed handling better to not disenfranchise people. 

Btw on your previous post were you condoning domestic abuse or just in a political situation? 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have spoken to several people who have done home tests and they are difficult to do if you dont follow the instructions. You can do it yourself when you do the drive through test if you wish but they test personal on site to do the test for you. Depends whether you are confident doing it yourself which I wouldn't be able to do

That's it what politics is about. President Clinton, President Bush, Prime Minister Blair all ride the storm out over different issues. 

The Cummings situation and helping domestic abuse victims are 2 completely different things as you will know

Keir Starmer been very quiet recently. Couldn't wait to do a Video on Saturday. 

Like I said before we NEED to start focus on restarting the economy, start focusing on people jobs, mortgages and securing jobs for the future, plus re training people who have lost their jobs, Investing in infrastructure and redevelopment projects, Keep funding the NHS through the NHS Funding bill, get our kids back in education system and learning to their can get the grades their deserve and get the jobs they want. Plus supporting our small and medium size businesses through this time.  This is what we need to focusing on thinking about now not a man who drove to Durham for the reasons he did. Does that cummings drive matter more the things I have listed above in your opinion?

Thankfully they've been doing these things all along and will continue to do so they've certainly got that bit right so far.

Far too easy to focus on the negatives though constantly.

Meanwhile how much stick has Khan had on here for his part in spreading the virus ?  You can catch a common cold easily on buses and trains and confined overcrowded spaces. Can't catch a rampant virus on a packed tube though !!!

Edited by tomphil
1 hour ago, gumboots said:

And getting rid of Cummings would be the first step in restarting. Dont know why you cant see this. He is not helping the government at all at the moment. That's what these Tory MPs who are calling for him to go are recognising.

So sacking Cummings is more important than saving and protect People's jobs, homes and Mortgages? 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Yes but for you Mr Cummings could've murdered a couple of grannies and you would praise it as a humane act. 

Even if you don't think he did anything wrong (and tbh when 40+ of the Tory party and all newspapers do you get the feeling there may just be something in this) you have to be worried about the impact it will have on people's compliance with the rules. Even if you think he has done nothing wrong, that a significant majority are unhappy with the situation and see it as different rules for them and us should cause alarm and suggests it needed handling better to not disenfranchise people. 

Btw on your previous post were you condoning domestic abuse or just in a political situation? 

The points highlighted in Blue is just insulting and BS from you

Good for the Tory MP's and the newspapers. Couldn't care less what the media are saying about this. 

Significant Majority are unhappy with the situation? Instead of YouGov and these newspapers and News channels(BBC, ITV and Sky) doing a poll of less of two thousands people and create a poll that anyone can vote once on this issues and others questions? I would if any of these groups would do it. 

Questions to ask

1. Should Cummings be sack?

2. Do you approve or disapprove of Boris Johnson's job performance? (No Option of don't know)

3. Do you approve or disapprove of Kier Starmer's job performance? (No option of don't know)

4. If an election was held tomorrow which Party would you vote for? Tory? Labour? Lib Dem? Green? other?

5. What is most important to you? Sacking Cummings or the government's protecting your job, home, Mortgages, Investing in NHS, Infrastructure and Redevelopment projects?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So sacking Cummings is more important than saving and protect People's jobs, homes and Mortgages? 

Who said that? I certainly didnt. What I said was that the government cant focus on being the government while all this shambles is going on. People cant focus on what the government are trying to do in any area because the government is putting so much time and effort into defending the PM over the Cummings débacle.  Sack him and you have a chance of being able to move on properly

14 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Who said that? I certainly didnt. What I said was that the government cant focus on being the government while all this shambles is going on. People cant focus on what the government are trying to do in any area because the government is putting so much time and effort into defending the PM over the Cummings débacle.  Sack him and you have a chance of being able to move on properly

I asked you a very simple question.

It seems like from your post above that you are more interested in sacking Cummings than letting the government got on with the job it needs to. 

No the Media is spending so much time discussing Cummings whilst the government wants to get on their job. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

The government is moving on and getting on the big issues. 

The same media keep mentioning the Cummings affair every hour. God sake move on. The same media camping out his family home with 4 year old child inside and his parent home in Durham. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The same media keep mentioning the Cummings affair every hour. God sake move on. The same media camping out his family home with 4 year old child inside and his parent home in Durham. 

Can you stop lying , when the full lockdown was on there was nobody outside his house. Dont talk bollards 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The government is moving on and getting on the big issues. 

Boris Johnson could sort this out straight away. He’s the one stopping the country from moving on. That’s what dozens of his own MP’s are telling him.

it isn’t the job of the media to move on. Within the rule of the law, the press are free to do what they want as every labour PM has found out.

Edited by den
4 hours ago, gumboots said:

My slogan would be :

SACK HIM AND MOVE ON.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I asked you a very simple question.

It seems like from your post above that you are more interested in sacking Cummings than letting the government got on with the job it needs to. 

No the Media is spending so much time discussing Cummings whilst the government wants to get on their job. 

I feel like I'm reading a crap piece of satire. You're in no position to be that patronising.