Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, gumboots said:
 In the last week my Korean daughter in law has visited England with a school party. They have been verbally abused, being told they are dirty, they've had someone film them because they are "a risk" and had people cover their faces as they walk past them. South Korea has had very few Coronavirus cases, not many more than the UK. When weve been there, weve found hygiene standards in public toilets etc to be far superior to British ones, and this was a group of smart young 17 year olds, excited to be in Britain for the first time.What kind of impression have the morons they've encountered given them of the UK.
 

Hurrah for Brexit

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • chaddyrovers

    1455

  • Gav

    1347

  • den

    1141

  • RoverDom

    1099

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

False dichotomy alert. I don't quite see how the two are related. I mean it's not an either or is it? Given the furlough and mortgage schemes (both excellent btw) are already in place before Cumm

Have spent a couple of days thinking what to write on here as I am utterly bewildered as to what this so called government is up to regarding schools. Firstly, before Christmas my school had seve

as you know i dont post on here anymore but i will this once just to wish everyone the best and hope everyone stays safe and comes thru at the other side  of this sad mess.  i would also like to

Posted Images

Watching Endeavour last night it was horrendous to see the similarities between society in the late 60s early 70s and now. Have we really not grown up in the last 50 years? How have we allowed our country, formerly thought of as being more tolerant than many, to be hijacked by extreme views? How have we given validation to the haters? I emailed the local free paper because they printed a ridiculous article about the advantage of Brexit being that we didnt need to pretend to like Europe any more. I told them they should have presented a more balanced picture. Their reply was that nobody else has submitted an article about the disadvantages of Brexit! Had they sought one? No! Did anyone know, beyond those involved, that they were going to print the article in question? No! They just decided to print the biased view presented by the particular writer. 

Edited by gumboots
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gumboots said:

Watching Endeavour last night it was horrendous to see the similarities between society in the late 60s early 70s and now. Have we really not grown up in the last 50 years? How have we allowed our country, formerly thought of as being more tolerant than many, to be hijacked by extreme views? How have we given validation to the haters? I emailed the local free paper because they printed a ridiculous article about the advantage of Brexit being that we didnt need to pretend to like Europe any more. I told them they should have presented a more balanced picture. Their reply was that nobody else has submitted an article about the disadvantages of Brexit! Had they sought one? No! Did anyone know, beyond those involved, that they were going to print the article in question? No! They just decided to print the biased view presented by the particular writer. 

Yeah I saw that programme also. Whatever progress we've made since those days is rapidly being lost. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gumboots said:
 In the last week my Korean daughter in law has visited England with a school party. They have been verbally abused, being told they are dirty, they've had someone film them because they are "a risk" and had people cover their faces as they walk past them. South Korea has had very few Coronavirus cases, not many more than the UK. When weve been there, weve found hygiene standards in public toilets etc to be far superior to British ones, and this was a group of smart young 17 year olds, excited to be in Britain for the first time.What kind of impression have the morons they've encountered given them of the UK.
 

I'm surprised Korea had any cases of Coronavirus. Especially as "Kimchi cures everything" (including cancer ?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes, the disgusting anti-semitism within the Labour party is a disgrace; fortunately the people of our country rejected it.

Yep, and their reward is "disgusting" racists in No 10.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51535367

 

 

Edited by jim mk2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't see any racists in No 10- I

Then you're blind

Boris Johnson called gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles'.

Now he has an "adviser"  who says black people on average have lower IQs.

This is what happens when the right wing seize power on a 37% mandate in a referendum. 

These are very dangerous times for the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Then you're blind

Boris Johnson called gay men 'tank-topped bumboys' and black people 'piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles'.

Now he has an "adviser"  who says black people on average have lower IQs.

This is what happens when the right wing seize power on a 37% mandate in a referendum. 

These are very dangerous times for the UK.

Six million Jews murdered in the Holocaust. Anti-Semites tolerated in the Labour party - disgusting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a point of view that there is nothing controversial about this No 10 "adviser's" racist views. In a survey, 97.6% of Tory voters and 100% of Brexit voters agreed with everything he said.

The promised post Brexit sunlit uplands have an increasingly a Third Reich flavour.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes, the disgusting anti-semitism within the Labour party is a disgrace; fortunately the people of our country rejected it.

I find it interesting that all that furore has gone away now the election is over. Possibly because it's served it's purpose.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes, the disgusting anti-semitism within the Labour party is a disgrace; fortunately the people of our country rejected it.

Criticising Israel isn’t anti Semitism, but I suspect you knew that already.
See Tyrone’s post also.

Edited by K-Hod
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gumboots said:
 In the last week my Korean daughter in law has visited England with a school party. They have been verbally abused, being told they are dirty, they've had someone film them because they are "a risk" and had people cover their faces as they walk past them. South Korea has had very few Coronavirus cases, not many more than the UK. When weve been there, weve found hygiene standards in public toilets etc to be far superior to British ones, and this was a group of smart young 17 year olds, excited to be in Britain for the first time.What kind of impression have the morons they've encountered given them of the UK.
 

Korean facilities in general are pretty damn good. A lot of public toilets have these disposable sheets you put over the toilet seat. I didn’t really find anything “dirty” about Korean hygiene practices. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I've never agreed with racists - that's why I vote Tory to defeat all anti-semitic scum.

'I've never agreed with racists, that's why I voted for the most openly racist British Government since Powell was around.'

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I find it interesting that all that furore has gone away now the election is over. Possibly because it's served it's purpose.

 Brilliant point, Tyrone. Anti-semitism always was a stick for the right wing press to hit Jeremy Corbyn with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I find it interesting that all that furore has gone away now the election is over. Possibly because it's served it's purpose.

Likewise with the Islamophobia in the tory party. This is a terrible point of all policits- right, left & centre. Things which have very real consequences are politicised by whoever has something to benefit from them.

See Jim's comments re the floods in the politics thread. An attempt to politicise a natural disaster. Terrible but, unfortunately, our political parties are full of such people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Likewise with the Islamophobia in the tory party. This is a terrible point of all policits- right, left & centre. Things which have very real consequences are politicised by whoever has something to benefit from them.

See Jim's comments re the floods in the politics thread. An attempt to politicise a natural disaster. Terrible but, unfortunately, our political parties are full of such people.

If you really think that the Tory party doesn't contain any Muslim haters you are either seriously deluded or you don't know any Tories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Likewise with Labour and their problems Tyrone

That's not been my experience. On the other hand I have been in the presence of grass roots Tories who have made derogatory statements regarding Asians on several occasions. They obviously think all white men of my age share their opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's not been my experience. On the other hand I have been in the presence of grass roots Tories who have made derogatory statements regarding Asians on several occasions. They obviously think all white men of my age share their opinions.

I trust the experience of the Jewish council and various Jewish Labour members who have all complained of an increasing anti semetic feel to the Labour party under its current guise.

I am neither Jewish nor Muslim so cannot comment. However, as much as I trust a Muslim to tell me if he feels discriminated against I also judge the opinion of a Jewish person telling me the same. Both sides have complained about discrimination from each respective party so I will treat each other with the same concern, not dismiss one entirely based on the 'people I have spoken to'. 

Anyway sorry we may be on the wrong thread for this! 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's not been my experience. On the other hand I have been in the presence of grass roots Tories who have made derogatory statements regarding Asians on several occasions. They obviously think all white men of my age share their opinions.

Agreed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.