1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

First question tonight from a guy from Preston. If the new strain of the virus is more contagious than that in March, why then are the restrictions currently more relaxed (or words to that effect). Completely ignored by the Home Secretary. Continued to waffle for several minutes without addressing the question. As I type this, same question asked again by another guy. More waffle and, again, ignored.

Andrew Marr tore him a new one on Sunday over the same point CLB, no answer.

9 months in and they're buying 300,000 laptops for kids to work at home, where have they been for the past 9 months, they should already be available and with the kids that need them.

Useless ****s

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaddyrovers

• Gav

• den

• RoverDom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

False dichotomy alert. I don't quite see how the two are related. I mean it's not an either or is it? Given the furlough and mortgage schemes (both excellent btw) are already in place before Cumm

Have spent a couple of days thinking what to write on here as I am utterly bewildered as to what this so called government is up to regarding schools. Firstly, before Christmas my school had seve

All I can say is it's a nice bonus as a key worker that my son arrived today instead of his due date of 22nd December. Work have very generously offered me extended Pat Leave for 3 weeks full pay as o

Posted Images

One of our subsidiaries with a few thousand staff have just done a laptop refresh so they repurposed the old ones to donate to local schools. Once again, local organisations bailing out the governments inadequacy 

‘Unacceptable’ lockdown food parcels axed by UK school chain and apology from Chartwells 

https://www.ft.com/content/1c2af058-3f87-4694-b0b8-ab9c6f5d4731

Is the UK turning into Russia?

One of Russian dissident Alexei Navalny's revelations (ignored in western media) is the corruption in Russia's own school meals programme which led to hospitalisations and deaths among schoolchildren because Vladimir Putin's "cook" provided substandard food and pocketed the difference.

As far as the UK is concerned, Marcus Rashford can only do so much.  At least UNICEF is standing by to pick up the baton.

14 hours ago, Gav said:

They don't want to make the meals look to attractive imy, the parents will be trading them in for drugs 😤

Hardly buy a Paracetamol with that rubbish!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-study-suggests-almost-half-of-icu-staff-have-turned-to-alcohol-or-had-suicidal-thoughts-12186480

The research shows that 45% of ICU staff polled met the clinical threshold for at least one of the following: post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), severe anxiety or depression and problem drinking.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Tragic as you say. When I read that it infuriates me even more when people won't do something simple like wear a mask. 

RIP.

Have you seen the film of the Democrat reps and Republican reps barricaded together in their Chamber with the mob trying to break down the doors?

Staff and Democrat reps offer the Republicans masks to wear and plead with them to take them but the R's scornful reject them! The cult of Trumpism.

9 of those Democrat reps have now tested positive for Covid and they blame that occurrence.

17 hours ago, Gav said:

They don't want to make the meals look to attractive imy, the parents will be trading them in for drugs 😤

Standard right wing trope........ and as if a crack dealer would actually accept kids' food vouchers for baked bins or a packet of Dairylea in lieu of actual money. 

Wouldn't have known there was a lockdown at all when I went out to walk the dogs at lunch. Local primary and high school car parks full. People walking with their kids all over the place. Roads as busy if not busier than normal. People standing around in the street chatting. 

Here we've gone from Tier 2 to Tier 4 to "lockdown" in the space of about 3-4 weeks and it hasn't looked any different. It's little wonder nothing is changing in this part of the country. 

Trouble is everywhere is shut and police are fining people for going 7 miles from their house even if 7 miles from your house is the middle of no where (i've heard of people being turned round going for a walk in the lakes). So people are only going to be exercising within a mile or two of their front door step which means in even moderately populated areas you're going to be people dodging all over the spot and tbh if you bump into someone you know why would you not stop and talk (from a distance)? 

Birmingham is quiet but not during work hours. I got caught in a traffic jam on the way back today. Yep. The m6 is notoriously shite but I went traffic jam free from May - Octoberish last year yet on my first day out since isolation I have been in one! Clearly a lot of people still working. 

Sound bites about shutting click and collect, limiting exercise etc etc. All a load of shit. Had one site shut down this week because all management got Covid so literally no one left to manage the site.

My 90 year old mum got a letter today telling her to phone 119 and book an appointment for the jab. After about 1/2hr she got through to be told there wasn't any vaccine available in Rochdale and they'd be back in touch with her when there was some. Could be a week she was told.

Funnily enough there was an article complete with photographs in our local paper at the weekend showing people who had been vaccinated in our local infirmary. Reading between the lines it appeared to me that a batch of one of the vaccines had arrived out of the blue and they'd just vaccinated people who just happened to be in the infirmary that day and happened to fit the age bracket ! 

Anyone found anywhere to easily track how many vaccinations have been jabbed?

Found it :

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?_ga=2.81886737.625431594.1610562987-1433914007.1609422585

We did 207k yesterday. That's pretty amazing. To hit the target of mid Feb need to get a bit higher per day but does look good.

Edited by joey_big_nose
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Reading between the lines it appeared to me that a batch of one of the vaccines had arrived out of the blue and they'd just vaccinated people who just happened to be in the infirmary that day and happened to fit the age bracket ! 

From what I've heard at times theres very little notice, surgeries can just be dumped with vaccines that they need to use up. One of my friends mum got a call from a lady in her choir who works at a health centre at about 6pm one day "we've got spare vaccines get down now" 

At the moment there is plenty of capacity at centres but not enough vaccine getting through. My wife's surgery centre has had two lots of Pfizer vaccines in the last two weeks, (975 in each *) but nothing this week. They can comfortably do that every week and at a push could probably do double. Anecdotally I have heard the same from other areas and the Government admitted today that vaccine supply is the current blockage. They are making the right sounds about this being sorted very soon but we've heard this sort of thing before.

* The Pfizer vaccine comes in a block of 975 vaccines, but that was assuming that there were 5 shots in each of the 195 vials. When they are diluted they are finding they can get 6 shots out of pretty much every vial but they don't know how many more they've got until they have diluted them all.

In my wife's case they are taking 3 days to get through a batch, so at the beginning of the last day they are totting up how many "extra" shots they have and then ringing up some more patients to come in on the same day. Nadhim Zahawi, who is in charge of the vaccine rollout said today that the Government had expected 10% wastage with the vaccines but they are hardly getting any and have the bonus of the extra shots. This is easily managed by GP surgeries because they can very quickly react to finding extra vaccines or getting others to replace no-shows and the patients all live very locally.

The mass testing centres are presumably using the Oxford vaccine - they can easily store large numbers and just keep on going. 

Tyrone - your Mum has got one of the letters sent to all the over 80s who had not been vaccinated (at the time of sending the letters obviously). She will have been invited to one of the mass centres and could no doubt have gone to the Etihad to get vaccinated. But she can wait to get one more locally if she wants. She should be getting called by her GP very soon - I might be tempted to give the surgery a ring to see where they are. My wife's centre is already doing the over 75s.