53 minutes ago, philipl said:

I simply don't get the refusal to wear masks.

If we can achieve 100% mask compliance in Malta where 10% of the population are Sicilians WTF wrong with you in Blighty?

All 15 of you are wearing masks? Good on you. 

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaddyrovers

• Gav

• den

• RoverDom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

False dichotomy alert. I don't quite see how the two are related. I mean it's not an either or is it? Given the furlough and mortgage schemes (both excellent btw) are already in place before Cumm

Have spent a couple of days thinking what to write on here as I am utterly bewildered as to what this so called government is up to regarding schools. Firstly, before Christmas my school had seve

All I can say is it's a nice bonus as a key worker that my son arrived today instead of his due date of 22nd December. Work have very generously offered me extended Pat Leave for 3 weeks full pay as o

Posted Images

2 hours ago, den said:

I was out for excercise with the wife this afternoon and an elderly lady who we didn’t know, asked us if we’d had our jabs yet. She said she couldn’t have one because a flu jab had once caused her arm to get septic. We both said to her that she should probably talk to her doctor about that. She then changed her story to her not believing in putting all this stuff into people’s bodies.

Her plan was to do nothing, allow everyone else to get vaccinated, thus ridding the country of the virus meaning she would be safe. This lady came across as being fully in charge of her faculties, I don’t think she was suffering from any kind of mental problems. Hopefully someone, somewhere will talk a bit of sense in her.

Some people are just scared of needles?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, 47er said:

Some people are just scared of needles?

So am I, but I’ll be getting mine as soon as I’m able!

BBC News - Covid vaccine: WHO warns of 'catastrophic moral failure'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55709428

Interesting take on it - a moral failure for the young and healthy to be ahead of the vulnerable in poorer countries.

Genuinely a bit torn on how to feel about that. On one hand get back to 'normal' asap, on the other hand do I really need the vaccine ahead of some of the worlds more vulnerable? I guess if it were possible to ease restrictions without vaccinating the whole population, I wouldnt object to mine being pushed back. 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

BBC News - Covid vaccine: WHO warns of 'catastrophic moral failure'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55709428

Interesting take on it - a moral failure for the young and healthy to be ahead of the vulnerable in poorer countries.

Genuinely a bit torn on how to feel about that. On one hand get back to 'normal' asap, on the other hand do I really need the vaccine ahead of some of the worlds more vulnerable? I guess if it were possible to ease restrictions without vaccinating the whole population, I wouldnt object to mine being pushed back. 

Well done U.K.

If that is true we have put the most money into the WHO fund then it deserves recognition, especially considering the current trending topic about Britain is our callous approach to others. Global Britain. 

Interesting debate on the whole mandated vaccines / anti vax issue on GMB, caught the tail end of it. 

I really detest anti-vaxers however do agree it's about personal choice. One lady stated that currently she wouldnt take it because the current advice is if you are pregnant or looking to get pregnant soon, dont have it. Apart from susanna she was imo belittled for this view despite what I think is a pretty valid concern and one me and my partner discussed at length  before she had her jab. 

Interestingly the response from Dr Hillary Jones was "that's only because we dont have the data yet". I wouldnt find that particularly comforting. 

Ah! The ME! ME! culture - It's not about personal choice, it's about social responsibilty. Every person that refuses a vaccine deminishes the effectiveness by a small amount, the more that refuse the more people there are  in the virus pool for Covid to carry on reproducing.

There should be some draconian penalties for these people, refuse the vaccine and be denied access to medical facilities for Covid related  issues. |If you don't want to do your part, then you don't get the benefits.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ah! The ME! ME! culture -

There should be some draconian penalties for these people, refuse the vaccine and be denied access to medical facilities for Covid related  issues. |If you don't want to do your part, then you don't get the benefits.

Is that not the ME! ME! culture in full force? 

Do as I say or die on the street. You call tories evil bastards. 
With respect, the vaccine hasn’t been tested over a prolonged period of time and has been produced in record speed. There will be a few understandably worried about any long term implications.

And that is their personal choice - It's a bit like Brexit - If you're not in the club you can't expect any of the benefits of it.

It's never going to happen because that is not what we are as a society and the selfish bastards will always game the system.

Not unlike the #KBF idiots with their "Mask exempt" lanyards bought from Amazon

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

And that is their personal choice - It's a bit like Brexit - If you're not in the club you can't expect any of the benefits of it.

It's never going to happen because that is not what we are as a society and the selfish bastards will always game the system.

Not unlike the #KBF idiots with their "Mask exempt" lanyards bought from Amazon

I do get where you're coming from. I cant see any argument for not wearing a mask and legally enforcing it. 

With the vaccine though, where there is for example advice for people who are trying to get pregnant not to take it, is there not a reasonable excuse for people concerned about effects on fertility to be wary and not get the jab?

Before going mandatory is there not a responsibility to either 1) demonstrate that it is undeniably safe or 2) educate people as to why their concerns are misguided? 

Edit just to clarify I've got no issue with taking it, I'll have it as soon as it's my turn and my partner had it after we discussed it and decided that the link to fertility wasnt worth worrying about. I just feel uneasy with the idea of compulsory vaccines.

Edited by RoverDom
13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This won't be popular, but IMO this chap has it right. 

As Jim has pointed out the two subjects are intrinsically linked.

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Ah! The ME! ME! culture - It's not about personal choice, it's about social responsibilty. Every person that refuses a vaccine deminishes the effectiveness by a small amount, the more that refuse the more people there are  in the virus pool for Covid to carry on reproducing.

What a ridiculous comment, what are you going to do strap them down and vaccinate them by force?

We live in a free society where everyone can choose, the vaccine hasn't been tested properly if you measure it against similar vaccine roll outs, some people will have reservations and thats fully acceptable.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

As Jim has pointed out the two subjects are intrinsically linked.

Funnily enough the only person on here I can recall to have said they won’t take the vaccine is Jim himself! 

Funny that 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
2 minutes ago, Gav said:

What a ridiculous comment, what are you going to do strap them down and vaccinate them by force?

We live in a free society where everyone can choose, the vaccine hasn't been tested properly if you measure it against similar vaccine roll outs, some people will have reservations and thats fully acceptable.

Of course it's a silly statement - I've already pointed out that's not what we do as a society - But people need to take responsibility for their actions

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Good bit of conflation there - but carrry on

I'm a 26 year old lad with a partner whose slightly older. This mentality of if you don't get vaccinated your selfish, dangerous and should be basically segregated from society is wrong, immoral and inhuman. 

Where is your compassion and logical thinking? What about the thousands who will have died through cancelled hospital appointments, suicides from lost businesses, incomes and homes. 

The country is well and truly fucked for the next few decades with the amount of debit coming. There will be very small numbers of small-medium sized business left and opportunities for the future will be close to none existent. 

Explain to me how I can back a government that's telling me to do this or do that when you don't follow their own rules themselves half of the time. 

This last 12 months has made everyone think that there is only coronavirus around and everything has stoppedbecause of it when in reality there are far far bigger issues. Official records of deaths "with" the virus are around 2 million worldwide out of a population of 6, 7, 8 billion or more.