• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaddyrovers

• Gav

• den

• philipl

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

False dichotomy alert. I don't quite see how the two are related. I mean it's not an either or is it? Given the furlough and mortgage schemes (both excellent btw) are already in place before Cumm

Have spent a couple of days thinking what to write on here as I am utterly bewildered as to what this so called government is up to regarding schools. Firstly, before Christmas my school had seve

as you know i dont post on here anymore but i will this once just to wish everyone the best and hope everyone stays safe and comes thru at the other side  of this sad mess.  i would also like to

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

........ because the vaccines don't protect you 100% from infection and do not stop you passing the virus on to others?

So whether the guy on the plane has had the vaccine or not, he could still give it to you anyway? 

So why, if you were vaccinated , would you care if someone on the plane hadn't been if it makes no difference to transmission?

Edited by Hasta
51 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just a bit of winter flu, hospital corridors empty, its a hoax, nothing to see here......

and the government do nothing.

What’s going on, do these figures not mean anything any more? Do they not care? Have they decided to go with these numbers? Will they do anything about it ever now? They could certainly do much more if they wanted.

5 minutes ago, den said:

What’s going on, do these figures not mean anything any more? Do they not care? Have they decided to go with these numbers? Will they do anything about it ever now? They could certainly do much more if they wanted.

Its all about the vaccine now den, the horse has boulted. 

5 minutes ago, den said:

Not sure what more should be done at this point.

Infection rate is on its way down rapidly. The mistakes were made in December that led to this situation. What would have been effective would have been going into a full lockdown in early December.

Screenshot_20210120-191359~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-191404~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-191415.jpg

This isn't a lockdown at present - nothing like it. The roads, the high street, are busier than ever.  It's just not working

We all saw the ridiculous spectacle of Johnson attempting to posture as some kind of heroic figure who saved Christmas, even though he was told that keeping the country open during the second wave of infections would lead to a vast death toll in the new year.

And what does he do when he's confronted with this appalling reality he's created?

He stands up, without a shred of contrition, and brags on about the "phenomenal year" we're supposedly going to have in 2021.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This isn't a lockdown at present - nothing like it. The roads, the high street, are busier than ever.  It's just not working

We all saw the ridiculous spectacle of Johnson attempting to posture as some kind of heroic figure who saved Christmas, even though he was told that keeping the country open during the second wave of infections would lead to a vast death toll in the new year.

And what does he do when he's confronted with this appalling reality he's created?

He stands up, without a shred of contrition, and brags on about the "phenomenal year" we're supposedly going to have in 2021.

It must be a regional thing - in London is totally quiet as far as I have seen. Also backed up by the Google, Apple mobility data. Not quite a low mobility as the March lockdown but not far off.

https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/coronavirus-covid-19-mobility-report

We have the worst death rate in the world, and today another record for the number of deaths recorded in a 24 hour period, and still the libertarian Tory MPs on the "Covid Recovery Group" bleat on about loosening lockdown!

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

It must be a regional thing - in London is totally quiet as far as I have seen. Also backed up by the Google, Apple mobility data. Not quite a low mobility as the March lockdown but not far off.

https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/coronavirus-covid-19-mobility-report

A friend was down there recently. He said it was choc-a-bloc with little mask wearing

Edited by jim mk2
34 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

it. The roads, the high street, are busier than ever.  It's just not working

I set off at 9am this morning to go into work and drove into and through Darwen and it was absolutely dead. I saw about 3 other cars on the road and there was no movement anywhere on Duckworth street or up past the bus station. 

There's more movement than there was in March / April but "busier than ever" is nowhere near true.

Edited by Hasta
28 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

What are you thinking?

A track, trace and isolate system that actually works. Enforced quarantine, break it and you get heavily fined., preferably imprisoned for endangering life.  If we'd has this to start with we may not have the highest death rate in the world.. Bozo and his libertarian bullshit just doesn't work in a pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

A track, trace and isolate system that actually works. Enforced quarantine, break it and you get heavily fined., preferably imprisoned for endangering life.  If we'd has this to start with we may not have the highest death rate in the world.. Bozo and his libertarian bullshit just doesn't work in a pandemic.

Is that the £12 billion (yes billion) T and T system that has never worked properly but which has enriched many Conservative party donors?

Dido thinks it's wonderful

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-test-and-trace-dido-harding-b1789098.html

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Is that the £12 billion (yes billion) T and T system that has never worked properly but which has enriched many Conservative party donors?

Dido thinks it's wonderful

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-test-and-trace-dido-harding-b1789098.html

Yeah, that's her. She used to be a jockey and is now on the board of the Jockey Club. Any links to Matt Hancock, MP for Newmarket, and grateful recipient of ££££'s from wealthy racehorse owners, trainers etc is purely coincidental. Cheltenham March 2020 anyone. 

Another on the board of the Jockey Club is Rose Paterson, wife of Tory backbencher Owen Paterson. She's chair of Aintree racecourse, whose Grand National is sponsored by a company, Randox Health, that Owen Paterson advises. They got an untendered contract for covid testing kits worth £133m. All pure coincidence! And the sad thing is they'll get away with it. Has there ever been a more corrupt UK Govt?

Horse racing, Tory donations and a swift return from lockdown | Sport | The Guardian

Baroness Harding is a former horse jockey who had been on the board at Cheltenham

9 hours ago, Hasta said:

If you have had the jab, and if it is effective, why would you care?

Eh? I don't know where to start with this. The whole point of a vaccine passport is so nobody has to care!

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yeah, that's her. She used to be a jockey and is now on the board of the Jockey Club. Any links to Matt Hancock, MP for Newmarket, and grateful recipient of ££££'s from wealthy racehorse owners, trainers etc is purely coincidental. Cheltenham March 2020 anyone. 

Another on the board of the Jockey Club is Rose Paterson, wife of Tory backbencher Owen Paterson. She's chair of Aintree racecourse, whose Grand National is sponsored by a company, Randox Health, that Owen Paterson advises. They got an untendered contract for covid testing kits worth £133m. All pure coincidence! And the sad thing is they'll get away with it. Has there ever been a more corrupt UK Govt?

Horse racing, Tory donations and a swift return from lockdown | Sport | The Guardian

Baroness Harding is a former horse jockey who had been on the board at Cheltenham

Is that not Colin Hendry?

😁😁😁

11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Another on the board of the Jockey Club is Rose Paterson, wife of Tory backbencher Owen Paterson. She's chair of Aintree racecourse

No she isn't. She's dead. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/54221746

Possibly couldn't cope with having not necessarily done anything wrong, but seeing her name copied and pasted all over the internet to try and bash the government.

Edited by Hasta
13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/54221746

Possibly couldn't cope with having not necessarily done anything wrong, but seeing her name copied and pasted all over the internet to try and bash the government.

She was alive when the Guardian article was printed. You seem a defensive? 

11 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

She was alive when the Guardian article was printed. You seem a defensive? 

Defensive?

I'm just stating a fact that the women you posted was chair of Aintree is actually dead, and then speculating on why she would have killed herself and whether there is a link to her name being posted around the internet to try and insinuate government corruption.

Edited by Hasta
2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Defensive?

I'm just quoting a fact that the women you said was chair of Aintree is actually dead, and then speculating on why she would have killed herself and whether there is a link too her name being posted around the internet to try and show government corruption.

Like I said, she chair when the article was written. I didn't think to check she had since died. It seems strange you'd link her suicide to a few lines in a newspaper article about her company getting testing contracts which didn't actually accuse her of anything? 

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It seems strange you'd link her suicide to a few lines in a newspaper article about her company getting testing contracts which didn't actually accuse her of anything? 

The article appeared on the 16th June, with her name suddenly being brought up all over social media with posts which are clearly aimed at showing government corruption.

She then killed herself 7 days later on the 24th June. 

I fully accept that could be a coincidence. 

Edited by Hasta
54 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's based on tests done 6-15th January but I thought official figures were still peaking around that time as well? 

It may be the way I'm reading it or how it's written but is that not comparing early Jan to early Dec which we already knew was higher?