How does this work?

Billy Gilmore tests positive for Covid. England players are seen hugging him on Friday, but seemingly they don't have to self isolate as they have had negative PCR tests since.

One of my surrogate children has been sent home from school today because a member of her class has tested positive. She has to self isolate for 10 days even if she gets a negative PCR test back.

Am I getting this wrong, or is it one rule for one and one for another?

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaddyrovers

• Gav

• den

• RoverDom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

False dichotomy alert. I don't quite see how the two are related. I mean it's not an either or is it? Given the furlough and mortgage schemes (both excellent btw) are already in place before Cumm

Have spent a couple of days thinking what to write on here as I am utterly bewildered as to what this so called government is up to regarding schools. Firstly, before Christmas my school had seve

as you know i dont post on here anymore but i will this once just to wish everyone the best and hope everyone stays safe and comes thru at the other side  of this sad mess.  i would also like to

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

How does this work?

Billy Gilmore tests positive for Covid. England players are seen hugging him on Friday, but seemingly they don't have to self isolate as they have had negative PCR tests since.

One of my surrogate children has been sent home from school today because a member of her class has tested positive. She has to self isolate for 10 days even if she gets a negative PCR test back.

I wholeheartedly agree. My brothers entire family tested negative after his youngest daughter got a positive test but they were all in isolation for ten days. Then I read that this Scottish kid tests positive, his fellow squad members negative but they can carry on regardless.

It's another sham.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

How does this work?

I guess one could argue that it's not as close contact as spending 6hrs inside with them but it does seem like double standards. I wonder if Gilmore lives with anyone (or if he's away with the squad and sharing a room) and which rules they have to follow?

14 hours ago, only2garners said:

Ben Chilwell and Mason Mount are now in self-isolation having mixed with Billy Gilmour.

And rightly so. The Scottish FA have been unable to identify anyone in their squad who had "close contact" with him.

aaa.jpg

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's simply inconceivable that no other player in the entire Scotland squad is classed as a close contact and yet 2 England players are.

It’s impossible.

Dressing rooms, on the coach, in the hotel, at meal times?

18 minutes ago, den said:

It’s impossible.

Dressing rooms, on the coach, in the hotel, at meal times?

Playing computer games, training, massage and physio rooms, the list of potential contact areas is endless.

I remember there being a hue and cry last summer when people were advised to run on their own and give walkers or pedestrians a wide berth so as not to flick sweat onto them. This was an international game when pretty much all the outfield players could have come into contact and passed bodily fluids around. There is more to this than meets the eye and Sturgeons silence is deafening particularly after her comments about Lancashire and Manchester.

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Playing computer games, training, massage and physio rooms, the list of potential contact areas is endless.

I remember there being a hue and cry last summer when people were advised to run on their own and give walkers or pedestrians a wide berth so as not to flick sweat onto them. This was an international game when pretty much all the outfield players could have come into contact and passed bodily fluids around. There is more to this than meets the eye and Sturgeons silence is deafening particularly after her comments about Lancashire and Manchester.

Sturgeon also had a lot to say about Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers players in regards Covid protocols. 

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's simply inconceivable that no other player in the entire Scotland squad is classed as a close contact and yet 2 England players are.

The two teams are in respective bubbles and are allowed to mix amongst themselves but can't spend more than 15 minutes with anyone outside the bubble. So when they visit say a physiotherapist they can only spend 15 minutes with them.

What Mount and Chillwell did wrong was have a catch up for more than 15 minutes with Gilmour in the tunnel. Understandable as they're mates but they should have known it was wrong and someone from the two team bubbles should also have stopped it.

54 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The two teams are in respective bubbles and are allowed to mix amongst themselves but can't spend more than 15 minutes with anyone outside the bubble. So when they visit say a physiotherapist they can only spend 15 minutes with them.

What Mount and Chillwell did wrong was have a catch up for more than 15 minutes with Gilmour in the tunnel. Understandable as they're mates but they should have known it was wrong and someone from the two team bubbles should also have stopped it.

Point taken.

The thing is the England players and staff have all tested negative. Michael Gove flew home from an amber listed country and didn’t quarantine. Instead he found a new “trial” where he just tested himself every couple of days.

Would that not have been a better way to proceed?

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

Thanks for that. However it does seem that there is some circumventing of the rules to allow this to happen when us mere mortals are having to isolate for coming into contact with a person who has had a positive test.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Thanks for that. However it does seem that there is some circumventing of the rules to allow this to happen when us mere mortals are having to isolate for coming into contact with a person who has had a positive test.

The logic as I understand is that they are in a bubble together and you're not.

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

The logic as I understand is that they are in a bubble together and you're not.

Yes but in a school situation a whole class bubble is sent home if one kid or teacher tests positive. It's double standards in my view.