BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, den said:

Yes. Loosening all restrictions is just too early. Common sense to me and many more people including virtually every scientist I think. 

We know infection rate is going to climb rapidly for sure. There are many consequences to allowing that to happen.

The government knows it too---now! But they were committed whatever the consequences. Just gambled on it not happening. Shameless and clueless.

On 14/07/2021 at 06:16, Silas said:

No, it's the under 18's that are the problem!

They're disproportionally unvaccinated and more likely to go out and about in crowds without a mask.

Anyone at that age thinks they are invincible.

I heard earlier today that the data is far worse than anyone is aware of, the impact across the North is seeing beds filling up in hospitals far quicker than anyone thought and all our key frontline services are struggling to cope due to people being off with Covid or having been pinged with the app.

No wonder the government are quickly trying to change the rules on self isolation.

I argued it was time to open up, It now appears I got that wrong if this continues down the same path and why wouldn't it with freedom day on Monday 🤬

Edited by Gav

Feeling back on top of the world after an awful few days. Very strange how it almost ends as soon as it begins. Even yesterday I was still under the weather and this morning, aside from a runny nose and the odd cough, it is like last week didn’t happen. 

Track and trace must be the most annoying and useless thing I’ve come across. Once the pcr test came back they text immediately, which is brilliant, and ask you to go online to fill in tracing info. I did this on the Tuesday. Later that day I had a phone call from someone who asked me every single damn question on the form all over again. The girl must not have been good as reading tones because when you are feeling like that the last thing you want to be doing is repeating things. But she kept going and going, even at the end, with this call centre demeanour, spouting nonsense like they read terms and conditions out. It was all box ticking. 

Since then they have rang me a handful of times to either reconfirm the data, confirm I’m in my home or, because the call quality is so bad, chasing up why the call died last time. Like that is my fault. Despite all of that drama and outright hassle (and it might not sound like hassle when you’re healthy but when you have this it really is) there is still one of my contacts yet to be traced 

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Feeling back on top of the world after an awful few days. Very strange how it almost ends as soon as it begins. Even yesterday I was still under the weather and this morning, aside from a runny nose and the odd cough, it is like last week didn’t happen. 

Track and trace must be the most annoying and useless thing I’ve come across. Once the pcr test came back they text immediately, which is brilliant, and ask you to go online to fill in tracing info. I did this on the Tuesday. Later that day I had a phone call from someone who asked me every single damn question on the form all over again. The girl must not have been good as reading tones because when you are feeling like that the last thing you want to be doing is repeating things. But she kept going and going, even at the end, with this call centre demeanour, spouting nonsense like they read terms and conditions out. It was all box ticking. 

Since then they have rang me a handful of times to either reconfirm the data, confirm I’m in my home or, because the call quality is so bad, chasing up why the call died last time. Like that is my fault. Despite all of that drama and outright hassle (and it might not sound like hassle when you’re healthy but when you have this it really is) there is still one of my contacts yet to be traced 

I have very different experience of test of trace. Yes I got online form to fill in on Tuesday morning and my first phone call was yesterday

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have very different experience of test of trace. Yes I got online form to fill in on Tuesday morning and my first phone call was yesterday

I’ve heard descriptions of them being like stalkers. Not saying it’s a one size fits all approach, but I don’t imagine that will be your last call….

45 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’ve heard descriptions of them being like stalkers. Not saying it’s a one size fits all approach, but I don’t imagine that will be your last call….

I think my beef with them stems from them being unable to read the room

I had a clearly ‘sick’ voice and the woman was clearly reading from auto-cue and zipping through these obligatory comments so she could tick her box. It’s just not what you need when you are sick. It was so very call centre and not very health orientated if you know what I mean. 

Take today for example. An African woman rang me and you could tell the way she spoke it was being read from a screen. Which I don’t mind, I get there’s a “process”, but the first question was “And how are you?”, I said ok, was explaining how I was to now, and the second after I’d finished it was like tick, “And do you understand you have to self isolate?”...

I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t that. 

Plus, you can tell they’re being told what to say, because every single damn call was ended along the lines of:

You are obliged to comply with the rules of isolation and we thank you for doing so. As doing so is saving the lives of you, your neighbour and others and protecting the NHS” etc etc 

Was all very call centre like I say 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think my beef with them stems from them being unable to read the room

I had a clearly ‘sick’ voice and the woman was clearly reading from auto-cue and zipping through these obligatory comments so she could tick her box. It’s just not what you need when you are sick. It was so very call centre and not very health orientated if you know what I mean. 

Take today for example. An African woman rang me and you could tell the way she spoke it was being read from a screen. Which I don’t mind, I get there’s a “process”, but the first question was “And how are you?”, I said ok, was explaining how I was to now, and the second after I’d finished it was like tick, “And do you understand you have to self isolate?”...

I don’t know what I was expecting but it wasn’t that. 

Plus, you can tell they’re being told what to say, because every single damn call was ended along the lines of:

You are obliged to comply with the rules of isolation and we thank you for doing so. As doing so is saving the lives of you, your neighbour and others and protecting the NHS” etc etc 

Was all very call centre like I say 

I'd probably just hang up tbh. If I get it I'll do my house arrest but I'm not jumping through their hoops while I do it 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

What relevance does where she comes from have?

Because she was not speaking how she otherwise would, that’s what I was getting at. It was very obviously read from a screen 

I know you are just trying to find fault but you would have thought you would have had the decency to not cut the rest of the line out of the quote before doing so 

@Dreams of 1995 that is exactly our experience of test and trace too. 

My wife got Covid badly last year - she was nearly hospitalised - and over the 10 days or so we received six calls, three texts and two emails. Excessive - I think so. 

As you say some of their questions are sodding annoying. Reminding me I have to isolate every time is patronising at best. Funnily enough I didn't think it has changed every two days.

I can understand their instructions for me to seperate from my wife in the house (I tested negative) although given she was very unwell and we'd been together up to the positive test this seemed a bit callous and legalistic. I get it but a bit of empathy when checking when I was trying to care for her and distance at the same time wouldn't have gone amiss. 

Some of their questions were shocking. What have you done today and how has your day been in particular.

Anyhow after the fifth call when they asked that question I gave them chapter and verse of what I had done that week. Every Netflix show, every book, the online Zoom games with mates, every chore round the house. After that they only called back once at the end of the isolation to check we had no symptoms and couldn't get off the phone quickly enough... 

12 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Because she was not speaking how she otherwise would, that’s what I was getting at. It was very obviously read from a screen 

I know you are just trying to find fault but you would have thought you would have had the decency to not cut the rest of the line out of the quote before doing so 

I still fail to see what relevance where she came from had.

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

@Dreams of 1995 that is exactly our experience of test and trace too. 

My wife got Covid badly last year - she was nearly hospitalised - and over the 10 days or so we received six calls, three texts and two emails. Excessive - I think so. 

As you say some of their questions are sodding annoying. Reminding me I have to isolate every time is patronising at best. Funnily enough I didn't think it has changed every two days.

I can understand their instructions for me to seperate from my wife in the house (I tested negative) although given she was very unwell and we'd been together up to the positive test this seemed a bit callous and legalistic. I get it but a bit of empathy when checking when I was trying to care for her and distance at the same time wouldn't have gone amiss. 

Some of their questions were shocking. What have you done today and how has your day been in particular.

Anyhow after the fifth call when they asked that question I gave them chapter and verse of what I had done that week. Every Netflix show, every book, the online Zoom games with mates, every chore round the house. After that they only called back once at the end of the isolation to check we had no symptoms and couldn't get off the phone quickly enough... 

I didn’t particularly mind the “how has your day been” type question but there was clearly no recourse. It was the follow up that was annoying: 

“mmhmmm, and I should remind you if you need help visit xxxxxxx” and they’d just recite website after website. Meanwhile you’re sat there full of a fever thinking what the blue fuck did she just say? 
They clearly asked the how are you question so the box on mental health could be ticked and the ‘goal’ met. The operators were not trained and read from auto cue. Which, like you say, when they are bothering you repeatedly, is the opposite of what you want 

I think the most annoying part was the constant drumming of “saving lives, saving NHS” slogans repeatedly. Sounded like the bloody government. But anyway, it’s all a bit of a trivial complaint tbf, just a moan more than anything. The real problem is that despite all this unnecessary contact it took them 5 days to trace a friend of mine. 

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Did you feel attacked by that comment? It wasn’t 

You admitted you are struggling with the relevancy in that post. It isn’t the first time you have struggled with it across very many discussions on several threads. 

Id call it more of a personal observation than an attack but if you do find it offensive then sorry, but you are very bad at picking up relevant points (or very good at ignoring them, however you look at it 😉

Your answer was. 'Because she was not speaking how she otherwise would, that’s what I was getting at. It was very obviously read from a screen.' Everyone speaks differently when they are reading compared to when they are just holding a natural conversation. So I fail to see what relevance where she came from had?

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

So what is the relevance of where the questioner is from? 

Because we, or at least I, was talking about the lack of personal approach to the whole situation. Which is not what you want when you feel in the state Covid puts you in. 

The woman was hard to understand because she was not speaking how she otherwise would. Even her responses to my responses were spoken from a screen. It was one sentence to the next - the exact same way you get a telephone survey from a cold caller or an automated helpline. 

She could have been Latvian, could have been from Timbuktu, the point was it was highly impersonal and very obviously directed in every word she said. At no point has any of the 6 callers I have had diverted from the same pre determined lines. And when the call was attempted to be diverted from the “norm” as Blue blood pointed out they don’t know what to do and get back to the script, so it is an entirely meaningless phone call. 

You are doing your very best to make an issue where there isn’t one. It really is a trivial complaint but one that appears to be shared. 

20 hours ago, K-Hod said:

They can ring or contact me as much as they want. Told the lady on Thursday what I would be doing and so far that hasn't change and wont be changing. 

Sajid Javid has released a video talking about his positive Covid results and on the first few lines of that video he talks about having symptoms and taking a lateral flow test.

Lateral flow tests are unreliable if you have symptoms, the advice from the experts is got straight for a PCR test as they're extremely reliable for people with symptoms, take Lateral flow if you have no symptoms by all means and then follow the process.

Javid new into the role and already giving out the wrong message, who would have thought it...

• Moderation Lead

Proper sound that Sunak and Johnson have been ‘pinged’, but don’t have to isolate, as they’re part of a ‘pilot scheme’.

We’re all in it together though lads….