BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Silas said:

I believe anyone over 18 can book to get a vaccine. Dependant on supplies in their area obviously. 

Yes, that's true. There's also quite a few now where you can just walk in without booking. I dropped my missus off for her 2nd jab on Sunday & noticed that the centre at St Johns in Preston now has signs up saying "Walk-ins Welcome". These weren't there a couple of weeks ago when I went for my 2nd.

44 minutes ago, Silas said:

I believe anyone over 18 can book to get a vaccine. Dependant on supplies in their area obviously. 

Thanks. 

Anyone over 12 can get one over here. As cases are on the up in the newly christened "pandemic of the unvaccinated" there is a sustained push to get people on board with it. Even a few Fox News characters are promoting them now. 

If reports are true Pfizer's vaccine will get full US approval in a few months. When that occurs it allows for organisations to mandate people getting it. Currently less than half of US military personnel have it, same with some police forces too. 

A hospital in Texas made all its employees get it, some sued, and lost. The same happened at a university last week which should wake up every university in this country to follow suit. Having students go back last September caused wave 2. 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

As cases are on the up in the newly christened "pandemic of the unvaccinated" there is a sustained push to get people on board with it. Even a few Fox News characters are promoting them now. 

I've noticed in some of the US coverage they are saying that the people in hospitals are like 97% unvaccinated. 

Which seems to be different to the UK where about half the people dying are vaccinated, albeit maybe elderly or with health problems. 

Don't know if that's to do with the different vaccines or variants. 

Definitely seems to be a stark contrast between the two nations though. 

17 minutes ago, Silas said:

I've noticed in some of the US coverage they are saying that the people in hospitals are like 97% unvaccinated. 

Which seems to be different to the UK where about half the people dying are vaccinated, albeit maybe elderly or with health problems. 

Or the US are fiddling the figures to get more unvaccinated people scared and off to get jabbed.

16 minutes ago, Silas said:

Yes, but the figures are STILL skewed.  Literally, you could break your legs badly whilst being positive for covid and you would be counted in the numbers etc etc...

I've said this before.  The number of deaths are so low now that we should be finding out  if they are because of covid or they had covid and walked in front of a bus within 28 days..  If we don't actually get true figures then its all a load of bollox and I'm sick of it.  

8500 people die per day altogether every day in this country of other things 🤷‍♂️ can't take your cat in the vet, absolute joke this country.

As I mentioned last week, the emergency services are at breaking point, hospital staff are off sick in the thousands due to the stress and anguish they've been through over the past 18 months and I've not mentioned the infection rate which is skyrocketing. 

We should be heading into further restrictions sooner rather than later, but the message from governemnt is everything in the garden is rosy, it is not, but 1922 club will not allow Boris to buckle and bend, its ride it out at all costs.

Use your common sense, wear masks and social distance at a minimum, this is far from over.

29 minutes ago, Silas said:

I think that the figure came from this; 97% Of People Entering Hospitals For COVID-19 Are Unvaccinated : NPR. I can't find the numbers but they came from the head of the CDC.

Here is an article from the other day saying that 95% of COVID+ patients in the ICU at a Florida hospital are unvaccinated; Miami COVID surge driven by unvaccinated, delta variant | Miami Herald

There are figures from May that say of 18,000 coronavirus deaths that month only 150 were in fully vaccinated people - less than 1%. I'll venture to say that a good portion of the 150 had other health problems too.

AZ is not approved over here. Pfizer has been doing the lions share of the leg work followed by Moderna (mainly because Moderna has been reported to make people feel quite rough in the first 24 hours after dosing), and then J&J way off in 3rd.

11 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Or the US are fiddling the figures to get more unvaccinated people scared and off to get jabbed.

Scaring them won't work. The hard core anti-vaxxers will never do it. I think that Trumpers will if enough of their ilk promote it (Fox et al. for a start). Minorities also lag too. Lots of cultural issues there that aren't particular to COVID.

This just came out too; NFL introduces forfeit rule for COVID-19 outbreaks among unvaccinated (usatoday.com)

The NFL drives a lot of TV coverage, viewers, and conversation so I hope that it helps get more people jabbed. Without mandating vaccination for players it is giving massive incentives for them to do so. 

Vaccinated players can essentially do what they want. Unvaccinated players won't be allowed to leave their hotel rooms on away trips and will have to quarantine for 10 days if they do get it. 

It does also say that nearly 80% of players have had at lease 1 dose so the chances of a game being called off are slim. 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Cases are down 9k on last Thursday. Can only assume that's because kids aren't faking positive tests to get out of school this week

To be fair, whilst there were clearly cases of this I don't believe it was 9k kids faking it. I mean a lot of the kids I have worked with have had enough of home and isolation, even school is seeming like a relief (especially once the masks wearing was lifted.) 

Honestly I think the vast majority of kids have found this time tough and they have struggled. An even greater lack of divide between home and school, a lack of company their own age and relationships with parents shifting as they take on the role of teachers - all that has taken a huge toll on students and thats assuming they are from a caring competent background. And for those who don't... Anyway, I digress but my point is that whilst some will fake it to get out of it, my impression is that most want normality - even school. 

Anger at ‘catastrophic’ withdrawals from Rugby League World Cup

https://www.ft.com/content/96c99241-93ca-4d1f-b5fd-4f2cec568477

How is it "cowardly" to boycott an event on Tory Plague Island when your countries have done remarkably well in contrast to the UK?

The responsibility for this lies with the corrupt and incompetent Vote Leave government. 

18 hours ago, Silas said:

Here's another article quoting similar 90%+ figures; All but 43 Texas COVID-19 deaths since February were unvaccinated people | The Texas Tribune

Almost 9,000 dead, 43 vaccinated; less than 1%. Of that 43 the majority were white males over 60 with other health issues. 

Figures from May until now may be more relevant though. Someone who died in February most likely caught COVID in December or January when vaccines were only available to healthcare workers.

“Made” festival in Brum has been postponed but they are still selling tickets for their “after party” 

So, you can’t go to the outside festival, but you can buy the limited tickets for the Mill nightclub on the same night 

Go figure 

Sense left this country a while ago. People are in limbo and extremes are taking over 

No doubt they will postpone it until after the date you must be double vaccinated to attend. In which case they’ll have to give that many refunds they will probably cancel the actual event - there’s not a lot of people in the dance scene being jabbed 

22 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

There are figures from May that say of 18,000 coronavirus deaths that month only 150 were in fully vaccinated people - less than 1%. I'll venture to say that a good portion of the 150 had other health problems too.

Come on, seriously?

That is an absolutely ridiculous statistic.  The only way that could be  remotely factual would be if it was taken in a place where only a few hundred have been vaccinated/roll-out had just begun.

It certainly doesn't match our very own available stats here where the deaths mainly occur in the double jabbed, then single and finally un-jabbed.

Main reason being, it cascades down in age and order of distribution.

**Interesting too that both states they focus on are Texas and Florida. The monthly death figures shown don't remotely match and their get out phrase is they are preliminary figures that aren't ratified. Coincidence that it's an assassination piece on the two states whose governors stood firm, didn't mandate masks and enforce lockdowns.  All with no adverse result.

Edited by Pedro

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Come on, seriously?

That is an absolutely ridiculous statistic.  The only way that could be  remotely factual would be if it was taken in a place where only a few hundred have been vaccinated/roll-out had just begun.

It certainly doesn't match our very own available stats here where the deaths mainly occur in the double jabbed, then single and finally un-jabbed.

Main reason being, it cascades down in age and order of distribution.

II should have posted the article; Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated (apnews.com)

The Associated Press are well respected. They analysed numbers they got from the CDC. Said CDC is now run by a Biden appointee. 

Are you saying that those vaccinated are far likelier to die from COVID than those not? From your post; "deaths mainly occur in the double jabbed, then single and finally un-jabbed"

4 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

II should have posted the article; Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated (apnews.com)

The Associated Press are well respected. They analysed numbers they got from the CDC. Said CDC is now run by a Biden appointee. 

Are you saying that those vaccinated are far likelier to die from COVID than those not? From your post; "deaths mainly occur in the double jabbed, then single and finally un-jabbed"

Yes. That is also shared by Sage and JVT.

It's a very simple equation/scenario.

Most people who will die of anything are the elderly and sick. Most people double vaccinated are the elderly and sick (and now that is filtering down).  Most people who will continue to die in times other than war - are the elderly and sick.  

Went out last night to Pina in Sheffield (http://barpina.co.uk/) Mexican food, superb stuff, table service, order on the app, great service by the staff, well deserved the tip.

The thing that struck me was nobody and I mean nobody was warning a mask, its was full of young people or course, but still it was completely mask free, I wasn't expecting that. 

If you're in the area, fancy a taco/burrito or 3, thats the place to go.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Went out last night to Pina in Sheffield (http://barpina.co.uk/) Mexican food, superb stuff, table service, order on the app, great service by the staff, well deserved the tip.

The thing that struck me was nobody and I mean nobody was warning a mask, its was full of young people or course, but still it was completely mask free, I wasn't expecting that. 

If you're in the area, fancy a taco/burrito or 3, thats the place to go.

Here in Blackburn the masks are completely gone. I only saw one person yesterday with one on in a shop. I expected it to be half and half.

Had my second jab yesterday morning (moderna)

Felt ok for the rest of the day, felt pretty tired as the evening went on. 

Went to bed around 10pm, ended up with the covers fully on, getting chills, involuntary shaking, ached all over. Got no sleep at all.

Woke up thinking I'd be alright but have no energy at all today, I'm nearly asleep again already. Still aching as well.

Nightmare.

• Moderation Lead
On 24/07/2021 at 21:33, Gav said:

I’d jail her to be honest, insighting hatred….

I thought long and hard about posting the story, but as we have our very own Piers Corbyn spouting bullshit, it’s right to call the idiots out:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/struck-off-anti-vax-nurse-says-doctors-will-face-nuremberg-trials-282946/

Can you imagine being that stupid?

Must be exhausting.