BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Coronavirus

Went to Chester zoo yesterday.  It was heaving. Yet I saw about 5 people wearing masks. We wore them but its mad how people have just tossed them away. This virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon because people are being complacent 

On 27/07/2021 at 08:37, DanLad said:

Why would anyone want to impose restrictions?

The Tories are in power and they hate them.

This current crop of tories have absolutely loved imposing nonsensical and contradictory restrictions.  Whether that be Boris, Patel, Hancock etc. They've loved the limelight as much as they've loved the power.  We even have plenty of people on here courting them and asking for more, longer restrictions - whether they have a positive impact, or even a scientific basis or not.  

On 26/07/2021 at 17:47, Pedro said:

Schools are a driving force but I think it's much more simple. Far less tests were being taken because children aren't having 2x tests a week to simply attend school.  Also, at one point last week, they had run out of postal tests.  

Less tests taken = less potential positives.

Regarding tests, this week the CDC have suggested that the PCR test is highly flawed and it cannot differentiate between covid and influenza.  They are withdrawing it from use in December and seeking a more accurate replacement.

With that being the gold standard for everything imposed upon people over the last 16 months, it should worry people and open their eyes to the validity of the high figures that have been forced upon them in order to press ahead with imposing restrictions.

Not true. The CDC PCR test could only detect COVID. They have asked that dual test PCR's be used that can detect both COVID and flu concurrently to save resources, time, and effort. Also, there are plenty of companies that already have this available so there is no need for the CDC to keep their EUA active.

Viral Posts Misrepresent CDC Announcement on COVID-19 PCR Test - FactCheck.org

On 27/07/2021 at 14:08, Pedro said:

This current crop of tories have absolutely loved imposing nonsensical and contradictory restrictions.  Whether that be Boris, Patel, Hancock etc. They've loved the limelight as much as they've loved the power.  We even have plenty of people on here courting them and asking for more, longer restrictions - whether they have a positive impact, or even a scientific basis or not.  

Absolute nonsense with respect, the second sentence I've highlighted tells me you're on the wind up.

There's a few possible reasons why Covid cases are declining

1. Schools in England, and more especially the parents of schoolchildren, are not required to test anymore as it is summer holiday. So who knows if there are cases there?

2. People want their summer holidays. Why are they going to get tested, which might prevent that?

3. They are told there is a "pingdemic" so they delete the NHS app and do not report that they have a positive test, even if they have one.

4. They just don't care anymore: they are now convinced reporting having Covid does not help, so they are not doing so.

However, the so-called Zoe app, which measures case rates voluntarily reported by a self-selected cohort, thinks that cases are still rising. https://covid.joinzoe.com/data#interactive-map 

No one know what is really happening.

But given all the propaganda  being pumped out by the government and its lackey media to make its "Freedom Day" a political success, I think the likelihood that cases are simply not being reported anymore is very high.

Which is worrying.

• Backroom
On 27/07/2021 at 14:07, roverandout said:

Went to Chester zoo yesterday.  It was heaving. Yet I saw about 5 people wearing masks. We wore them but its mad how people have just tossed them away. This virus isn't going anywhere anytime soon because people are being complacent 

At Knowsley Safari Park today. Not a single mask to be seen, staff or customers. 

• Backroom
On 27/07/2021 at 16:13, alanaygo said:

Do you leave your car ive never been to one 

Fairground at the end. Rammed. 

Even the staff putting people on the Dodgems/rollercoaster etc have ditched them. 

On 27/07/2021 at 16:15, Silas said:

Fairground at the end. Rammed. 

Even the staff putting people on the Dodgems/rollercoaster etc have ditched them. 

I didn’t know there was that much to it ! Just thought you drove around and hand monkeys tear off your wipers 

• Backroom
On 27/07/2021 at 16:24, alanaygo said:

I didn’t know there was that much to it ! Just thought you drove around and hand monkeys tear off your wipers 

Just lost the side indicator light today. Got off lightly. Car next to us got trashed. Rubber trim hanging off everywhere. 

Bit at the end is good for young kids. Definitely makes the trip more worthwhile. 

In fact we've probably spent 1.5 hours in the safari, and 2 hours at the out car bit. 

On 27/07/2021 at 16:20, den said:

I also believe that you’re not counted in the infections figures if you’ve previously had covid.

I just hope the figures aren’t being manipulated.

What i read was that they are counting them but they're not included in the daily figures (not sure why) but it only actually skews the figures by about 0.5% 

On 27/07/2021 at 16:43, Silas said:

Just lost the side indicator light today. Got off lightly. Car next to us got trashed. Rubber trim hanging off everywhere. 

Bit at the end is good for young kids. Definitely makes the trip more worthwhile. 

In fact we've probably spent 1.5 hours in the safari, and 2 hours at the out car bit. 

You know what is interesting about this thread . I got banned due to a previously banned account but the posts about the safari park stayed while the posts about politics didn’t , which were all factual . Now ban me that’s fine but you have to delete all my posts . This just looks like you are censoring people . Fortunately I’ve many screenshots of what you do and it’s going to Those that matter . I suggest you man up and address this as the only reason I’ve been banned is for having an opinion that scares you . This is going to go on and on and on 

Safari parks sound wonderful. Just don't go in a car that's worth a few bob and you want to keep in decent condition

Might as park it in the back streets of Liverpool and let the locals have a go

Meanwhile, Covid cases are down but the latest is 131 deaths reported today (the number of deaths has been above 50 days per day since July 18, continuing the inexorable trend of gradual increases since late May)

I smell government rats

• Moderation Lead
On 27/07/2021 at 18:30, bertsimple said:

You know what is interesting about this thread . I got banned due to a previously banned account but the posts about the safari park stayed while the posts about politics didn’t , which were all factual . Now ban me that’s fine but you have to delete all my posts . This just looks like you are censoring people . Fortunately I’ve many screenshots of what you do and it’s going to Those that matter . I suggest you man up and address this as the only reason I’ve been banned is for having an opinion that scares you . This is going to go on and on and on 

Actually, let’s have this right.

You were banned initially on your first account for causing so much trouble, all our mod work was cleaning up after you.

We had tried to help you so many times before it reached that stage, but it always fell on deaf ears.

Now, you keep creating new accounts behaving the same way as you did with your first account and wondering why we keep re banning you. 
If you hadn’t behaved in the way you did and caused us and everyone else so much hassle, you wouldn’t have been banned.

It’s as simple as that. There’s no vendetta, no unfair treatment, you’ve just been bang out of order for so long, I can’t believe you’ve got the energy or time in your life to keep re creating new accounts and repeating yourself.

If anyone created a new account when their original one had been permanently banned, they would suffer the same fate and they have too.

Don’t worry though, whenever you do, you’ll be banned again and again and again.

18 hours ago, Gav said:

Absolute nonsense with respect, the second sentence I've highlighted tells me you're on the wind up.

Give over Gav.  Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean someone is winding you up.  This reply isn't aimed entirely at you, I just want to get my opinion out there:

Currently, the imposition of a highly restrictive social credit system is going full steam ahead (under the thinly-veiled guise of an app that gives you the freedom of the city because it tells you you've had some jabs, rather than you aren't actually infectious to people).  Please have a look for yourself what other info that app is going to hold on whoever downloads it.  I'm sure it's pure coincidence that it is being forced on us just after the NHS have now been allowed to sell on our medical records from June onwards.

Anyway, in our lifetimes, we have never been under such tight restrictions.  Many orders were and still are absolutely devoid of a scientific base (hence why some were able to be removed via the High Court) and this useless lot have continually played cat and mouse with the public - which is all paint by numbers behavioural psychology.  Many of the expendable puppets 'in power' are loving it...especially when they don't have to abide by their rules themselves and now write in exceptions for themselves at every opportunity!

With respect Gav, I'm amazed you are such a staunch apologist for their lies and failings.  Also that you are currently so pro extending restrictions and mandating masks etc.  By all means though, you make your own choices based off your own experience but (purely based on your passion in the Venky takeover posts and telling people to get on the pitch etc.) I hope you don't mind me saying, I had you down as having some real fight about you.  I honestly thought you'd see the predictability, faults and contradictions in all of this and was surprised when I'd logged back on after a year or so that you and some of the older, more passionately opinionated people weren't kicking up a fuss (in hindsight).  It's quite the opposite in fact.

Regardless, we are hurtling towards a highly discriminative world, based on rules, restrictions and rewards for what are undoubtedly, very basic human rights. Although there is a nasty illness out there (I don't deny that - I have family members who have worked on the designated wards), as I predicted/feared in March 20, I feel that the powers that be are taking advantage of this situation. But people who have been hoodwinked and filled with 24hr a day TV, Internet and radio fear, are now DEMANDING incredibly discriminatory rules and restrictions via a 'Health Passport' that is being forced worldwide! Once it is here, it simply won't go away in our children's lifetimes, if ever.  No doubt about it either, it won't just be for this current illness and it won't just be to attend nightclubs and concerts. 

My one hope is that passive people consider that they might be very badly wrong about a lot of this.  They need to step back from the news, open their eyes and ears fast and be extremely careful what they are wishing for.  They need to think about the rights they are giving up for themselves, their children and grandchildren and consider how their lives will be.  It really is a one way ticket.

Its insulting to accuse people of being "hood-winked" or "passive".

That's exactly the language that Trump supporters and Q Anon use. They know the truth, us idiots can't grasp it.

The reality is that people want to be safe from the worst pandemic in our lifetimes and that's why they demand that the morons who believe its all a con stop being a danger to them.

You can choose the human right to die if you want to but don't take me with you.

13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Give over Gav.  Just because you don't agree, doesn't mean someone is winding you up.  This reply isn't aimed entirely at you, I just want to get my opinion out there:

I didn't think any of it was aimed at me to be honest, or the majority of this side of the site because the overwhelming majority are not Tories, we're just well versed on Covid 19, the restrictions and why they've been necessary and still are. 

You also mentioned the Tories loving lockdown, thats ideologically against everything they believe in, complete bunkum with respect Pedro.

The rest of your post I disagree with strongly, its got nothing to do with fight, I'm not apologists either, but we are on the frontline of this pandemic, I've lived it for 18 months, the fight is still very much on and thankfully local teams are trying to keep people like you safe, the least you could do is wear a mask, social distance and be sensible, is that really to much to ask?

One thing I do agree with is that some restrictions have been completely illogical and contradictory.

- People demonised for going for a walk in the peak district

- People fined for going for a walk 7 miles from home

- Households having a picnic in the park away from anyone being moved on whilst other families / indiduals are free to roam around 

- at one point it was 30 at a wedding 15 at a funeral 

- guidance was to only exercise once a day regardless of whether you lived in a packed city centre or in the middle of nowhere with no other human for miles

- Wembley packed but parents unable to go to their kids sports day

- my mum being told she's safe in a class of 30 children but on her way home from work being told its too dangerous to stop and see her granddaughter 

- kids being largely safe from it but could be superspreaders but exempt from wearing a mask

- get pinged by the app and have to isolate regardless of negative tests

Also I fundamentally disagree with the whole vaccine passport business and will be boycotting anywhere that actually enforces these. That said I would encourage everyone to get the vaccine and any anti-vax nonsense can do one. 

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Currently, the imposition of a highly restrictive social credit system is going full steam ahead (under the thinly-veiled guise of an app that gives you the freedom of the city because it tells you you've had some jabs, rather than you aren't actually infectious to people).  Please have a look for yourself what other info that app is going to hold on whoever downloads it.  I'm sure it's pure coincidence that it is being forced on us just after the NHS have now been allowed to sell on our medical records from June onwards.

Regardless, we are hurtling towards a highly discriminative world, based on rules, restrictions and rewards for what are undoubtedly, very basic human rights. Although there is a nasty illness out there (I don't deny that - I have family members who have worked on the designated wards), as I predicted/feared in March 20, I feel that the powers that be are taking advantage of this situation. But people who have been hoodwinked and filled with 24hr a day TV, Internet and radio fear, are now DEMANDING incredibly discriminatory rules and restrictions via a 'Health Passport' that is being forced worldwide! Once it is here, it simply won't go away in our children's lifetimes, if ever.  No doubt about it either, it won't just be for this current illness and it won't just be to attend nightclubs and concerts. 

My one hope is that passive people consider that they might be very badly wrong about a lot of this.  They need to step back from the news, open their eyes and ears fast and be extremely careful what they are wishing for.  They need to think about the rights they are giving up for themselves, their children and grandchildren and consider how their lives will be.  It really is a one way ticket.

There are aspects of this post I would agree with. I have to admit I think it is a bit of a coincidence that an "apt out" system of sharing patient data with private companies has coincided with the sudden push for us all to have a data-sharing app that reveals our 'health status'. There are genuine concerns that the healthcare industry is trying to muscle in on Britain. Profit-driven companies want to know where the profit lies. What tends to happen is that they target those profitable sections of health and leave the less desirable sectors to the public coin. Health statuses will only accelerate this because they will know what needs the public want and target that for profit.

In respect of the vaccine passports I genuinely think it is highly discriminatory. We should remember what happens when you single others out. I think the fact that this will disproportionately affect younger people means that quite a few people are blasé about the whole thing. Nevermind that these younger people have sacrificed enough already - through their education alone they have been seriously impacted by the quite ludicrous rules the pandemic has caused. Now it appears that unless they submit to the will of the Government they could be banned from attending lectures for the foreseeable future. Which in some cases will mean they might not ever recieve a face to face further education session at all.

And what we must remember is the balance of risk for these people. Say what you like about long Covid the prevelance is still a serious minority. The death rate for Covid-19 in the age range of 18-30 is remarkably low. There is of course hesitancy amongst this age range to get the vaccine given the concerns about long-term health implications. When you balance the unknown risk vs the relatively low risk of Covid-19 then I wouldn't say it is an unreasonable conclusion to not opt in for the vaccine. Likewise I don't think it is an unreasonable conclusion to not opt in for health passports given the data sharing that's happening.

By excluding members of the public - who are 'ecnomically active' as young people are - you are effectively creating an underclass of people that will be excluded from live events and education solely because of concerns over risks to their own health. In this very thread (which as Pedro argues is usually risk averse) you had fear mongering over a vaccine so it is no surprise that genuine fear exists. You also have to wonder where this will stop. Will you be excluded from activity in the future based on your health records? At the moment you can't be barred from venues based on your health data but this is a step in that direction. Do we draw the line at Covid-19? What about other more deadly diseases? Do we have a right to know if someone next to me has not been jabbed for Hepatitius? Do I have a right to exclude him from my "safe zone"? Will companies start requesting to know if someone has HIV? It is all a very slippery slope imo and not one we should be encouraging, especially with the state of worldwide affairs right now. It is an invasion of privacy.

Edited by Dreams of 1995

34 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

One thing I do agree with is that some restrictions have been completely illogical and contradictory.

- People demonised for going for a walk in the peak district

- People fined for going for a walk 7 miles from home

- Households having a picnic in the park away from anyone being moved on whilst other families / indiduals are free to roam around 

- at one point it was 30 at a wedding 15 at a funeral 

- guidance was to only exercise once a day regardless of whether you lived in a packed city centre or in the middle of nowhere with no other human for miles

- Wembley packed but parents unable to go to their kids sports day

- my mum being told she's safe in a class of 30 children but on her way home from work being told its too dangerous to stop and see her granddaughter 

- kids being largely safe from it but could be superspreaders but exempt from wearing a mask

- get pinged by the app and have to isolate regardless of negative tests

Also I fundamentally disagree with the whole vaccine passport business and will be boycotting anywhere that actually enforces these. That said I would encourage everyone to get the vaccine and any anti-vax nonsense can do one. 

In a situation as unexpected and devastating as this there are bound to be anomalies. Add the incompetence of the government to this mixture and there is plenty of room for criticism.

And that's what Johnson did when he attacked the EU for years---pick on any anomalies----real or imagined eg straight bananas and ignore anything good.

However, in the end, restrictions are created for our own good in this instance and ,indeed, failure by the government to act quickly, decisively and clearly has cost thousands of lives.

No problem at all with a vaccine passport, just like I wouldn't want any child in a play-group with  children who hadn't had their inoculations. 

Its not fashionable anymore these days in some quarters but we all owe duty of care to others.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You also mentioned the Tories loving lockdown, thats ideologically against everything they believe in, complete bunkum with respect Pedro.

49 Tory MPs voted against lockdown extension

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/06/16/lockdown-extension-vote-49-tory-mps-vote-against-government/

That's more than 300 who voted against everything they believe in

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

No problem at all with a vaccine passport, just like I wouldn't want any child in a play-group with  children who hadn't had their inoculations. 

Not something I'm familiar with but do play groups check for inoculations before letting them in? Surely in that situation the ones who should be worried is the parents of the unvaccinated children rather than the vaccinated? 

The only small thing I have experience with is a dog but a similar principle that before he had his jabs as a puppy, other dogs / animals were a real risk then he got his jabs he could go wherever and do whatever we wanted risk free. If he came across another unvaccinated dog, the risk wasn't with my dog. 

In my opinion, everyone should be subject to restrictions or nobody should be 

45 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Not something I'm familiar with but do play groups check for inoculations before letting them in? 

Its not compulsory but it should be. Because of cranks claiming to be scientists the proportion of infants getting 2 MMR jabs has fallen to 87.5%.

To achieve herd immunity its been calculated that the % has to be at least 95%.

Some of these diseases, thought to be long dead eg polio, will be back unless the government gets off its arse.