BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Coronavirus

30 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its not compulsory but it should be. Because of cranks claiming to be scientists the proportion of infants getting 2 MMR jabs has fallen to 87.5%.

To achieve herd immunity its been calculated that the % has to be at least 95%.

Some of these diseases, thought to be long dead eg polio, will be back unless the government gets off its arse.

In fairness I think that it should be different with kids. It's one thing giving adults the choice to have a jab but kids shouldn't suffer for their parents beliefs. Same with when religious groups who deny blood transfusions for their children it just shouldn't be allowed. 

7 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

In fairness I think that it should be different with kids. It's one thing giving adults the choice to have a jab but kids shouldn't suffer for their parents beliefs. Same with when religious groups who deny blood transfusions for their children it just shouldn't be allowed. 

Same principle though. The interests of the population as a whole should be paramount.

Latest figures show we have over 6000 people in hospital with Covid19, the biggest number since March and in the last 24hrs we’ve seen a rise in new cases to 27,734.

This isn’t over, please remain vigilant and get the jab.

12 hours ago, Gav said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58014546

Covid vaccines have prevented 60,000 deaths in England - Jonathan Van-Tam.

Prof Jonathan Van-Tam said an estimated 22 million cases have also been stopped - a "truly massive" success.

Tremendous effort, something this country should be extremely proud of, if you’ve not had the vaccine get it.

We call him Jean Claude Van Tam in our house. It doesn't take much to amuse us!

16 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

https://www.ft.com/content/d415a01e-d065-44a9-bad4-f9235aa04c1a

"Pfizer and Moderna ramp up EU Covid vaccine price"

I don't recall this being posted 🤔😕😐

Neither was the EUs loss in court in their case vs Astra Zeneca 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/56483766.amp

A significantly less number to be delivered - in line with the number AZ said it was obliged to deliver. Of course, Mrs Pragmatic Von der Melting Guns Leyen hailed it as a victory but it’s pretty unanimously agreed that AZ won this one 

I’m certain we’d have seen comments and posts on the subject in the coming days though Dom 😄

5 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Neither was the EUs loss in court in their case vs Astra Zeneca 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/56483766.amp

A significantly less number to be delivered - in line with the number AZ said it was obliged to deliver. Of course, Mrs Pragmatic Von der Melting Guns Leyen hailed it as a victory but it’s pretty unanimously agreed that AZ won this one 

I’m certain we’d have seen comments and posts on the subject in the coming days though Dom 😄

I must ask one of the mods if the new site is playing up and I'm not seeing every post. Only explanation for why I haven't seen that link posted until now

This is brilliant, putting the anti-vax dinosaurs firmly back in the box:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/covid-vaccine-leave-kids-alone-5743669

User Revenant said: "how about we let the kids talk for themselves and not spread misinformation thank you. the vaccine is safe, the government isn't "taking control" and you CANNOT compare this stuff to the holocaust etc. you absolute tools

Eleanor added: "Funny how we’re legally old enough to get married and have a literal child but apparently we’re incompetent on making a decision over a vaccine (according to some on this hashtag) Maybe actually leave it up to us to decide."

"I dunno about you guys but I'm perfectly fine with getting my vaccine and I'm 16," said Fenrisviivii.

"Why are older people trying to decide for us AGAIN? It's our lives and our choices to make by ourselves."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/06/australias-covid-crisis-victoria-enters-6th-lockdown-as-new-south-wales-cases-hit-new-record

Australia was seen as a leading force in the fight against the virus, and probably still is depending on your thought process, but one has to wonder how these “Covid zero” countries will couple reopening with low vaccine uptake rates 

There appears to be distrust in the vaccine. One which Morrison - Australia’s PM - appears to be blaming on over zealous advice regarding the AZ vaccine. Where have we heard that before? 

With a population largely protected from infection, that are reluctant to also be vaccinated from it, you have to wonder where the line will be drawn for a country like Australia. Repeated lockdowns has driven riots similar to what we saw on mainland Europe. This lockdown fatigue is a very real thing. 

Meanwhile, case numbers don’t appear to be hitting the predicted 100k numbers here and the decision to open up seems, on the face of it, vindicated. PHE today says the R-level has dropped below 1. Are we out of the woods? 

45 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/06/australias-covid-crisis-victoria-enters-6th-lockdown-as-new-south-wales-cases-hit-new-record

Australia was seen as a leading force in the fight against the virus, and probably still is depending on your thought process, but one has to wonder how these “Covid zero” countries will couple reopening with low vaccine uptake rates 

There appears to be distrust in the vaccine. One which Morrison - Australia’s PM - appears to be blaming on over zealous advice regarding the AZ vaccine. Where have we heard that before? 

With a population largely protected from infection, that are reluctant to also be vaccinated from it, you have to wonder where the line will be drawn for a country like Australia. Repeated lockdowns has driven riots similar to what we saw on mainland Europe. This lockdown fatigue is a very real thing. 

Meanwhile, case numbers don’t appear to be hitting the predicted 100k numbers here and the decision to open up seems, on the face of it, vindicated. PHE today says the R-level has dropped below 1. Are we out of the woods? 

Australia and New Zealand are undoubtedly an example of how the first wave should have been dealt with but whats the long term solution given that we know we will be living with covid indefinitely. If vaccine uptake is low then at some point they're going to have to take the hit on cases

On your last point, absolutely and hospital cases are also starting to fall as well which is a good sign. I think you can generally tell what the R rate is by the number of posts in this thread... 

Australia and New Zealand obviously handled the initial stages very well. I know a bit about the latter as I nearly got stuck there last March - if we had we might still be there.

But I was always a bit mystified by why their public position has been to wait with their vaccination programme to "see how it went elsewhere". I can see that they might have thought the vaccines still had some question marks about them and then all the silly publicity about the Oxford/AZ vaccine can't have helped. But I can't see why they would not have wanted to crack on with vaccinating as they came into their Winter. They are now susceptible to being hit by a more virulent variant, be that Delta or a new one. it looks like NZ won't get anywhere near completing their vaccinations until early next year

• Moderation Lead

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2021/08/10/anti-vaxxers-protested-at-bbc-news-building-8-years-too-late/?fbclid=IwAR0jgfDYYSB261elSs7g3B_MljP0_2MVEEczrnozSQS9aMU9W18DEG6btng
For people quick to tell others to ‘do their research’, seems like they didn’t do theirs and stormed the wrong studios, to protest a lockdown that isn’t even happening any more….

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2021/08/10/anti-vaxxers-protested-at-bbc-news-building-8-years-too-late/?fbclid=IwAR0jgfDYYSB261elSs7g3B_MljP0_2MVEEczrnozSQS9aMU9W18DEG6btng
For people quick to tell others to ‘do their research’, seems like they didn’t do theirs and stormed the wrong studios, to protest a lockdown that isn’t even happening any more….

I saw this yesterday 😆

Thick as bar tops.

This "anti-vax" label is nonsense. Plenty of sensible people have raised questions about this. The FDA haven't even approved it yet and its not even a vaccine really, more of a treatment. I have no issue wit the vulnerable or elderly getting it, but what we have now is a situation where fit healthy people who wouldn't have gotten sick anyway, are vaccinated and operating as incubators for the virus, potentially leading to new strains. Other actual vaccines have been well tested and crucially stop you from actually getting the disease.  Anyone who speaks publicly about this is shut down. The mainstream media wouldn't even let it be said. 

51 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This "anti-vax" label is nonsense. Plenty of sensible people have raised questions about this. The FDA haven't even approved it yet and its not even a vaccine really, more of a treatment. I have no issue wit the vulnerable or elderly getting it, but what we have now is a situation where fit healthy people who wouldn't have gotten sick anyway, are vaccinated and operating as incubators for the virus, potentially leading to new strains. Other actual vaccines have been well tested and crucially stop you from actually getting the disease.  Anyone who speaks publicly about this is shut down. The mainstream media wouldn't even let it be said. 

I've read this 3 times now and I have no idea what you're on about, FDA? 

Where are you America? 

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'll help you, the "vaccines" have been given emergcy status usage. The companies have no liability for anything that happens because of them. 

This is concerning, mostly the shutting down of discussion about it 

Utter nonsense.

Vaccines work. 

23 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Utter nonsense.

Vaccines work. 

Yes, they do work.  The ones that have been around and tested for years. Absolutely revolutionary to our way of life. This treatment for Covid seems to have its benefits too, but it's not a vaccine as we know it and it's been given to people who don't need it. Im sure you are aware of the power pharmaceutical companies have for decades? If not enlighten your self. There is plenty to read when you have a look. Cover ups been the main crime. Typically for drugs or treatment that didn't work as stated or had brutal side effects. 

It's funny how you went straight to "vaccines work!!!!" When I neither said they didn't or this current treatment doesnt. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Moderation Lead

It’s keeping hospitalisations and deaths down. 
Any concerns re the speed of this vaccine getting out are because it’s all hands on deck in the scientific community right now.

Source is my scientist best mate.

I’ll happily take my lead from scientists about science on this one. Especially as they’ve spent thousands training and years studying to be at the top of their tree….