BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Coronavirus

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

How about appointing Kamala Harris as the first female, first black and first Asian-American US vice-president?

That is history in the making and on his first day as president!

Jesus, really? Thats what you go with? Wow. Black AND Asian, mmm ok. 

She's the most unpopular VP in living memory. Insincerely cackles her way through interviews on difficult topics and has repeatedly gone AWOL on the briefs she has been tasked with. 

A cynical person might say that appointment was box ticking and she is not a strong candidate. The Dems realise her running for president could be a huge issue. She has been a disaster. The only positive Biden can take from appointing her, is she makes him look good by comparison. Even though he's in the throws of serious cognitive decline 

Trump will probably beat her if they both run. Wouldn't that be so embarrassing? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

30 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus, really? Thats what you go with? Wow. Black AND Asian, mmm ok. 

That was on day 1 of his presidency, it may not matter to you, but it matters to millions of people around the world, a historic event.

What did Trump do that you'd be proud of, if you were an American? No tweeting UFC clinical adviser for help either......

Edited by Gav

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

That was on day 1 of his presidency, it may not matter to you, but it matters to millions of people around the world, a historic event.

What did Trump do that you'd be proud of, if you were an American? No tweeting UFC clinical adviser for help either......

Millions around the world? Where in the name of God do you get your info? This is genuinely what you would go with as an achievement? Bottom of the barrel. News flash, people outside America don't care who their VP is and inside America she is massively disliked. 

Americans and people in general don't care about these token gesture woke strokes (contrary to the garbage the media put out), they want strong economies and money in their pockets for them and their family. Biden has been a disaster. The dems are split with infighting and he has achieved nothing. That's why Trump, who you have been brainwsshed into thinking is the anti-christ, is in with a huge chance of winning the next election if he runs. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

How about appointing Kamala Harris as the first female, first black and first Asian-American US vice-president?

That is history in the making and on his first day as president!

That's her achievement not his. He has to appoint a vice president, picking someone who isn't a white middle aged straight man is just living in the 21st century, not an achievement. 

Anyways, this isn't the American dunce president thread. 

Not sure about over there, but a lot vaccinated testing positive and displaying symptoms here now

Hopefully vaccines versions 2.0 will reduce transmission and symptoms even further. I presume they are open to exploring that , because it would be ridiculous if they aren't. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

20 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

That's her achievement not his. He has to appoint a vice president, picking someone who isn't a white middle aged straight man is just living in the 21st century, not an achievement. 

Tulsi Gabbard was the proper appointment he should have made. Harris was a terrible choice and they are realising that. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Millions around the world? Where in the name of God do you get your info? This is genuinely what you would go with as an achievement? Bottom of the barrel. News flash, people outside America don't care who their VP is and inside America she is massively disliked. 

Americans and people in general don't care about these token gesture woke strokes (contrary to the garbage the media put out), they want strong economies and money in their pockets for them and their family. Biden has been a disaster. The dems are split with infighting and he has achieved nothing. That's why Trump, who you have been brainwsshed into thinking is the anti-christ, is in with a huge chance of winning the next election if he runs. 

пустыня-desert.gif

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

What a load of cobblers.......

It hasn't happened in over 200yrs Dom, of course its an achievement.

5 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Yeah I don't understand why China virus is a bad thing when you had the Kent  South African and Indian variant

My view is that Trump deliberately called it that to incite the public against China and stoke up more nationalist sentiment. He did it in the run up to his Presidential victory with Mexicans, didn't he? He's got a track record of blame of this type. Weren't there a lot of racially incited cases against Chinese ethnics in the US? Did Trump calling it "The China Virus" help? I would argue, unequivocally, no.

My point is that I would have liked to have seen less talk from him and more action on a global level, but it was no surprise to me that neither were forthcoming.

• Backroom

Anyway......back to that Coronavirus thing....

Thought this lady from WHO spoke really well last night on Newscast. This just a short segment, but she conveyed her points without the usual sensationalism that you get too often. Almost made me start having faith in WHO, not quite there yet though. 

57 minutes ago, Gav said:

What a load of cobblers.......

It hasn't happened in over 200yrs Dom, of course its an achievement.

Yeah, her achievement not his. She's the one that worked hard, broke through however many barriers etc. to get to the point where she is considered the best person for the job. Him picking the best person for the job isn't an achievement

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because Trump said it, so therefore by default the media reported that it was racist and bad. 

No, because it was used as justification to violently target Americans of East Asian heritage.

Whereas nobody appears to be beating up the Kentish folk, nor Indians.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Yeah, her achievement not his. She's the one that worked hard, broke through however many barriers etc. to get to the point where she is considered the best person for the job. Him picking the best person for the job isn't an achievement

It's not an achievment, you're right, but it's considerably better than his predecessor.

I think she'd outright make a fantastic President.

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'd set your bar a little higher 🤣

Indeed 🤣 Although I was always told the art of leadership is delegating to the right people 😛

Edited by Mike E

Interesting stat from today’s “ Sunday Observer “ leader - “Infection rates in the UK are more than 18 times those in Spain and 9 times more than in France.”

Speaking as someone who has recently returned from Spain I can vouch for the fact that they are taking things much more seriously out there. Even in the little village in the middle of the Sierra Nevada’s the rules are abided by religiously, especially the wearing of masks etc. You don’t argue with the Guardia Civil.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Labour are now calling for plan B after a week of flip flopping, quite right to, but will Boris bring it in before Cop26 in Glasgow which starts this weekend?

The vaccination/booster program seems to have stalled, all hands should be on that pump. The Mrs had her booster yesterday, she's not been well since and had no issues with the first 2.

Edited by Gav

• Moderation Lead

My Mum felt bad from her booster, but my Dad was fine. I’m thinking I must be due mine soon, my second (AZ) jab was mid May. But I was working in healthcare then and I’m not now, so maybe I’ll go back to being in with my age group (37), or I may get moved up as it’s been the best part of six months? Who can say!

I'm pretty sure you will be eligible as soon as you reach 6 months form your second, so mid November. The point is that the protection from your second vaccination will be starting to wane by then, no matter what your age or original reason for getting the jab.

On the assumption that there are plenty of vaccines available and the centres aren't full I can't see how you're jumping the queue, as there isn't one at the moment. Admittedly there should be as a lot of older people for some bizarre reason have not yet come forward - they were falling over themselves to get their first two jabs earlier in the year.