BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Can we make the Playoffs?

9 hours ago, TAFKAP said:

Mathematically you can reach the  automatic  promotion places; so don't rule yourselves out for the play-offs with so much to play for, not to mention the return of your hotshots.

Like Rovers I think Preston will fall just short as usual.... Rovers,Burnley,Bolton,Blackpool,Wigan all dined at the Prem table.

You need to have the desire to get there: Rovers consistently don't do that, particularly when opportunities arise to make up ground. Sparks Rover may have hit the nail on the head with his 'turkeys don't vote for Christmas' scenario.

Me may only be 3 points adrift but I'll be gobsmacked if we occupy any of the playoff positions between now and the end of the season, never mind in May. 

• Backroom

I think we’ll finish above Bristol and maybe Preston so we have a great chance, however I can see it being someone further down than us sneaking in, maybe Cardiff.

Then again I have a holiday booked when it’s the play off final so I expect us to be there!

27 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You need to have the desire to get there: Rovers consistently don't do that, particularly when opportunities arise to make up ground. Sparks Rover may have hit the nail on the head with his 'turkeys don't vote for Christmas' scenario.

Me may only be 3 points adrift but I'll be gobsmacked if we occupy any of the playoff positions between now and the end of the season, never mind in May. 

I don't think it's fair to say they don't have the desire, ability perhaps,but the desire is there. 

The "turkey don't vote for Xmas" scenario is silly as a promotion will improve every players career. There are no negatives for a player in winning promotion. Financially or career wise. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think it's fair to say they don't have the desire, ability perhaps,but the desire is there. 

The "turkey don't vote for Xmas" scenario is silly as a promotion will improve every players career. There are no negatives for a player in winning promotion. Financially or career wise. 

This.

Most players these days will have huge incentives in their contract to get promotion - particularly from championship to premier league. Anyone who thinks a player or players is/are deliberately under performing or 'don't want to go up' is deluded.

They simply aren't quite good enough.

• Like 2