Jump to content

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I predicted this might be the case after the last one whether by design or just plain necessity brought on by continual floundering and bad spending. If the owners or their backers get a big chunk of the previous 3 seasons funding back from a load of sales they aren't going to be that bothered about leaving it to bob along.

It covers some of their input, resets the FFP and overdraft and gives license to go again doing the same thing in the feint hope everything just falls into place one season. It causes them little fuss when they have people they favour running the show and they'll be lenient to bad form, purchases and maybe nice wages and bonuses out of in safe in the knowledge at least half of it can get covered every 3 season cycle.

Fair enough a lot might say but in reality it isn't building the club it's just keeping its head above water whilst providing wages for people. Hence the lack of urgency and ambition that often seems evident here in certain quarters. If it's going to be that way they can't keep gasping at the crowds. Somewhere in all that they'll need to do something to stem anymore bleeding away of support never mind build it up significantly again.

They should have learned by now northerners see right through the wool being pulled over their eyes. 

That or they don't give a shit and their disdain is palpable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes of course.  Results like this happen, hell we beat Newcastle twice the year we got relegated to league one and they won promotion easily. It wasn't necessarily the Stoke game that bother

I don't see how Preston's history is relevant to Rovers in the Venky's era. We're different to PNE. We were an established PL club with a top management and infrastructure on a different level to thei

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Could I see this in a dm pls bro ? What came first ? Waggott or Tony ? Venus is here too .  The remnants of what went wrong at Coventry ? 
Maybe I’m too cynical and some are too naive ? Or somewhere in the middle ?
Surely even the most optimistic among us aren’t content ??? Are people settling for it not being coyle or keano? . 
If you are critical of Tony drizzle cake it doesn’t make you less of a fan 

I don't know who you are firstly. 

Who came 1st?

In my opinion the Coventry situation is very different. 

Content?

Not interested in drizzle cake at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know who you are firstly. 

Who came 1st?

In my opinion the Coventry situation is very different. 

Content?

Not interested in drizzle cake at all. 

No I don’t think you do know me and if you don’t and to share fair enough . 
content , yes some people seem content with the state we are in and criticism is frowned upon 

in the spirit of fun what is your favourite cake ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inglorious basturk said:

No I don’t think you do know me and if you don’t and to share fair enough . 
content , yes some people seem content with the state we are in and criticism is frowned upon 

in the spirit of fun what is your favourite cake ?

Strawberry jam and cream scone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

That or they don't give a shit and their disdain is palpable.

I don't buy into that theory. I think it's a passing interest were one or two of them like to play with it now and again.

The rest as long as they get fed the right guff at every 6 month board meeting are happy to chuck company money at it. Because they can easily afford it and still get the odd bits of publicity from it.

Those in between are the ones who really benefit.

Edited by tomphil
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the worst thing about the players being unavailable due to injury it gives TM an excuse for not making playoffs and hides our lack of progress. Don't get me wrong it's a heck of a kicker and makes us hugely up against it. But I suspect we still wouldn't have made playoffs and TM still would have us gloriously inconsistent - all of which is hidden by the injury crisis that we have. 

Of course the unbalanced squad, players out of position, no January transfers are still valid criticisms irrespective of our injury situation but again I feel the injury crisis will wash said criticisms away too. 

Its a shame because with a fitter squad and a key addition or two given how bog awful this division is playoffs would be rather realistic, especially under a different manager. As it is our apathy and lack of nous will be hidden in an. Injury crisis giving TM another free hit of a season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone thinking of the playoffs after the Hull win?

Over the last 10 years only once has a team made the playoffs with less than 70 points. It was Leicester during Rovers first season down in 2012/2013. They finished 6th with 68 points(interestingly Peterborough went down with 54). Rovers need 7 more wins to get to that number.

The Championship is still wide open, everybody is beating everybody, so it won't take 74 or more to get in. I can't see Rovers winning over half of their remaining games though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran a few different simulations til the end of the season on the Table Predictor thing following the Hull win last night - both times I had us finishing 8th, with Bristol City clinching 6th spot, and PNE finishing in 7th place. 

As you say, 7 more wins is perfectly do-able, if we can get Rothwell back too it'll be a help. Depends whether Samuel & Brereton push on too. It's definitely the perfect season for it, and this kind of chance won't come around for another three of four, maybe five or six, seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ran a few different simulations til the end of the season on the Table Predictor thing following the Hull win last night - both times I had us finishing 8th, with Bristol City clinching 6th spot, and PNE finishing in 7th place. 

As you say, 7 more wins is perfectly do-able, if we can get Rothwell back too it'll be a help. Depends whether Samuel & Brereton push on too. It's definitely the perfect season for it, and this kind of chance won't come around for another three of four, maybe five or six, seasons.

I would be happy enough with 8th to be honest. Would be a solid season. Be happier with 6th all the same ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ran a few different simulations til the end of the season on the Table Predictor thing following the Hull win last night - both times I had us finishing 8th, with Bristol City clinching 6th spot, and PNE finishing in 7th place. 

As you say, 7 more wins is perfectly do-able, if we can get Rothwell back too it'll be a help. Depends whether Samuel & Brereton push on too. It's definitely the perfect season for it, and this kind of chance won't come around for another three of four, maybe five or six, seasons.

Makes it all the more disappointing we didn’t strengthen in January.

Next season could be a lot harder to be anywhere near top 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Madon said:

Just out of curiosity (this isn't me believing we will make them, although I'm hopeful) does the play off semi final get included with the season ticket?

Considering we haven’t been in one since 1992, no idea of Rovers policy, but usually they aren’t included at other clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Anyone thinking of the playoffs after the Hull win?

Over the last 10 years only once has a team made the playoffs with less than 70 points. It was Leicester during Rovers first season down in 2012/2013. They finished 6th with 68 points(interestingly Peterborough went down with 54). Rovers need 7 more wins to get to that number.

The Championship is still wide open, everybody is beating everybody, so it won't take 74 or more to get in. I can't see Rovers winning over half of their remaining games though.

Before the Fulham game I thought we would've needed 6 points from this week to keep us in touch. I was really deflated after the game for that reason, but after yesterday I still think it's possible.

The Brentford game aside, we've got plenty of winnable games before the end of the season. Charlton, Wigan, Barnsley & Luton away, and we know that we're strong at home. 

In my heart of hearts, I think we'll probably finish just outside, which I'd see as progress and sets us up for a pivotal summer in the transfer market. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Madon said:

Just out of curiosity (this isn't me believing we will make them, although I'm hopeful) does the play off semi final get included with the season ticket?

I don't believe so as it's not a league game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoeH said:

 

As you say, 7 more wins is perfectly do-able, if we can get Rothwell back too it'll be a help. Depends whether Samuel & Brereton push on too. It's definitely the perfect season for it, and this kind of chance won't come around for another three of four, maybe five or six, seasons.

Well that's very bad news if we don't make it this season! I don't see why it would be 6 seasons at all. We were always knocking on the door in the late 80's early 90's.

I don't expect us to make the play-offs this season but I certainly don't expect us to wait 5 or 6 years. Club would be dead by then.

If we have to wait that long under this managership, we should get another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Well, preston best stoke, so the gaps back to 6.

It was always going to be six though in reality, with two teams above us playing tonight. 6 points with months to go is doable for anyone in this league - with the way its shaping up at the minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.