BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

No minutes taken as it was an informal session. Lynsey did record the meeting so that Greg and Mike can have the chance to go back over the comments.

I think the club are very well aware of the precarious situation, although they were reminded of it from several attendees.

Some of the topics covered were the £3 extra fee for late match ticket purchasers (again), a rolling ST, a ST for fewer than 23 games, iFollow plans for 21/22, protection of reserved seats, the possible reluctance of some fans to come whilst the pandemic is around, discounted games early in the season etc.

Thanks John.

I remember the idea of a rolling ST which fans had to take active steps to cancel being mooted years ago when I was on the Forum and John Williams was here.

The view back then was that it was taking fans a little bit too much for granted so I hope it's not on the agenda now especially on the back of everything that's happened recently and last year's ridiculous price increases.

We have talked about a rolling ST on a direct debit before  a few times Rev and your recollection is right about the club's reaction.

However we were talking on Thursday about it being another option for anyone that wanted to rather than a change for everyone. I'm fairly sure that there will be a core of fans who would be interested in something like this. If introduced though it needs to cost neither no more or no less than the standard up front payment.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, only2garners said:

This was NOT the normal supporters consultation meeting.

It was a consultation with fans over Zoom about the club's approach to next year's season tickets. Fans Forum members were invited but the club also invited others too. I flagged the meeting up on the Fans Forum thread a couple of weeks ago when a question was asked about fans consultation in that thread.

There were no answers provided - it was very much the club wanting to gauge fans' opinions on how sales should best be handled.

The club was represented by Greg Coar and Mike Graveston from the Commercial team and Lynsey Talbot.

If he's who I think he is, I'm relieved. Another competent (excellent, in fact) person in the marketing dept for post-Wagg

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, only2garners said:

No minutes taken as it was an informal session. Lynsey did record the meeting so that Greg and Mike can have the chance to go back over the comments.

I think the club are very well aware of the precarious situation, although they were reminded of it from several attendees.

Some of the topics covered were the £3 extra fee for late match ticket purchasers (again), a rolling ST, a ST for fewer than 23 games, iFollow plans for 21/22, protection of reserved seats, the possible reluctance of some fans to come whilst the pandemic is around, discounted games early in the season etc.

Cough Rovers Trust Marketing Prospectus Cough

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Thanks John. What is the next step in the process? Will another meeting be convened to discuss these matters further? Was there any suggestion of a kind of working party to look at ways of actually getting people to buy them?

36 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If he's who I think he is, I'm relieved. Another competent (excellent, in fact) person in the marketing dept for post-Wagg

He is who you think he is!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Thanks John. What is the next step in the process? Will another meeting be convened to discuss these matters further? Was there any suggestion of a kind of working party to look at ways of actually getting people to buy them?

There is nothing set up as yet, but there is a Fans Forum due on 10th May, where no doubt it will be high on the agenda.

• Like 1

At the fans forum, please can you ask them how TM has kept his job given results?  Oh and can someone record it so we can listen to the response, cheers.

Oh and I like no milk in my coffee before 10am and milk in it until 6pm, thanks mate.

😆😂

8 hours ago, only2garners said:

Fans Forum members were invited but the club also invited others too.

Who exactly was invited and what was the criteria to be invited ?

Clearly it was not any of the recognised supporter groups.

No use asking Birdy and the like, who are going to buy a ST regardless. That will result in 2500.

They need to be asking those who represent the other 20,000.

21 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Who exactly was invited and what was the criteria to be invited ?

Clearly it was not any of the recognised supporter groups.

No use asking Birdy and the like, who are going to buy a ST regardless. That will result in 2500.

They need to be asking those who represent the other 20,000.

I've no idea exactly who was invited, but your claim that it "was clearly not any of the recognised supporter groups" is ridiculous.

I know for a fact that the Rovers Trust, Proud Rovers, Ewood Blues, Disabled Supporters, brfcs and I think the London Supporters Group were all invited. No doubt there are other groups which may or may not have been invited as well.

The trouble with these type of discussion meetings is as another poster highlighted, that the conversation is between people who will renew.  The lost ones are the ones you need to win back and clearly unlike the group discussing matters were willing to stop attending. 

For me the discussion is simple, they have lost their connection to the club, they will need to see the club acting differently to consider returning.  That's the rub for me, they won't see fans return until fans see the club return to being run properly first and then striving for success.  Fans groups should raise this issue, especially if Pasha is there as he is most likely shielded from 'others' and their viewpoint. 

The brfcs rep on the Fans Forum (kHod) was invited and was actually planning to attend. He didn't but I imagine it may have been work getting in the way as it did with a few others.

OldEwoodBlue - I would imagine there are quite a few people who attended who would deeply resent being classed as "nodding dogs", me included. It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and make accusations.

18 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The brfcs rep on the Fans Forum (kHod) was invited and was actually planning to attend. He didn't but I imagine it may have been work getting in the way as it did with a few others.

OldEwoodBlue - I would imagine there are quite a few people who attended who would deeply resent being classed as "nodding dogs", me included. It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and make accusations.

Ah ok - we did get an invite then, it just must have been direct to K-Hod. Apologise! 

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, you got me, sorry, I should have interjected a while back really.....

I was unable to attend because of work. Been pretty busy and had some long days of late!

• Like 1