BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

• Backroom

Expected a point, got a point, could have been more, could have been less to be fair.

Two soft penalties evened it up and some weak finishing by both teams or it could have gone either way.

We still can't seem to break that glass ceiling and sit in a play off spot even for a few hours!

Despite losing a 2-0 lead cannot fault anything with that performance against a very good side going forward. They have a lot of quick talented forwards with lost of movement. A wonder goal and a never in a million years penalty cost us. The wind battered us 2nd half as well.

I'd have taken this result before the game. 

Armstrong and Travis immense and look dangerous on the break. 

On to the next one! 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Cheated by the linesman at the death. Lucky for him Arma is no good when one-on-one.

He’s the worst one on one. Scores the hard goals and misses the sitters. Ah well even at 2-0 down that’s a good result. Let’s hope Preston don’t get a win today & with there next few games we still have a chance.

Just now, Tom said:

I actually don't think either keeper has made any incredible saves today, both made a few smart stops but nothing you wouldn't expect your keeper to, some weak finishing by both teams at times

Walton been solid though more so than Raya

I think this is fair but a lot seem to want to justify selling raya . Who cares he’s not ours . Walton is sort of ours that’s the only keeper I care about . 
I just don’t see the point in not being objective about decisions either , eg our pen I don’t think it was a pen but I don’t care , we got it 

Absolutely disgusting dive for Brentford for their penalty. One of the most unjust decisions I have seen in my life. I really, really, really don't give a shit about how this is "just part of football." I really don't. Either we have a sport, a league that punishes clear cheaters, or it's just whatever goes. 0 point, absolutely 0 point to follow a sport that wouldn't punish a disgusting diving team like Brentford. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya I don't think Armstrong was offside at the end either 

Finally we are involved in an entertaining game on sky. 

Luck evens itself out though across the season.

We deserved a point and they deserved one at least. End to end second half and how many teams go to Brentford and score 2?

Just now, Mercer said:

A good battling point.

Disappointing having led by 2 goals but would have settled for point before match.

Two 'lucky' penalties cancelled each other out so neither manager can complain.

You killed that game for us Mercer, will you ever learn heh heh.