BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

29 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He’s the worst one on one. Scores the hard goals and misses the sitters. Ah well even at 2-0 down that’s a good result. Let’s hope Preston don’t get a win today & with there next few games we still have a chance.

He needs to watch some old film of Jimmy Greaves. He was a master in those situations. If he had a one on one you could get ready for the kick off again.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He needs to watch some old film of Jimmy Greaves. He was a master in those situations. If he had a one on one you could get ready for the kick off again.

Simon Garner wasn’t great at one-on-ones either, surprisingly. He was better when he didn’t have time to think about it.

8 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

That worldie would have gone in against anyone, and the soft penalty, well.....

Mental weakness and lack of depth had absolutely nothing to do with not seeing the game out today. I’m not saying it hasn’t in the past, but I don’t think you’re being rational here mate.

I was talking generally. We can’t see out games. But even so, 2-0 up today and we allowed Brentford back in. They had to get into the positions they did.

Put another way, 2-0 down I wouldn’t have expected us to get to 2-2.

And to be fair, we also got a soft pen and scored when we had been under the cosh for 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Would have snatched your hand off for a point before the game but of course feel a bit flat.

Away at Brentford we’ve got to be happy not to get beat.

Do feel robbed though - theirs was never a pen.

Having said that I was 80yds away and had 4 pints between 10:30-12:00

Rovers battled well, proud to clap them off.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, frosty said:

Was bouncing off the wall when we were 2-0 up so only natural to feel disappointed at not going on to win. Cannot believe he gave their penalty.

Have to win the next two home games, can’t settle for anything less.

If you're the away team and you get a penalty you can bet your boots that if you give the ref a chance to even it up he will.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Argue? Very sensitive Stuart, but that's you. I'll leave it at that before you start crying and telling mods that people are being mean to you. That is your MO. 

Out of order and inflammatory and not my place but we don't need this shit on here.  Seldom Stuart and I see eye to eye but we don't do this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wether you like it or not teams that get promoted see those games out one way or another from 2-0 up. 

Leeds look like they’re going up top 2 and have thrown away plenty of leads (3-0 up against Cardiff I think it was). 
We didn’t deserve to be 2-0 they missed a load of chances, it was a false score line. They then score a worldie and we’re under the cosh. 
We would have all taken a draw beforehand, leads change in football, it’s part of the game. Win our home games next week is what’s required. 

• Like 2

Just now, Inglorious basturk said:

I think we allowed their chances to materialise by just hoofing it into the wind for a good half hour . 

Some truth in that.

They said it may have been assistant who gave it but you would think, because it was such an obvious dive, ref wasn't 100% and therefore should have asked his assistant what he saw. Seed was already planted in the refs mind so he took the opportunity to "make amends".  

37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We must be talking about a different incident here. He got two hands in his back while jumping for the ball.

Anyway...

Still no top 6 for us. Down to 10th by 5pm if things don’t go our way.

All eyes on (Stoke v) Cardiff and (Wigan v) Millwall.

Clearly we are, the pen I saw he was going past Johnson and went over.  That WAS the penalty call right?

21 points needed to make the play offs. Disappointing to not see it out for the win but a good point nonetheless. Proud of the battling spirit 2nd half to protect the point, Brentford are a good side.

Next 2 games are big, 6 points is more than doable though.