BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

VAR should be as simple as the ref going over to check a decision (for their own satisfaction, nobody else's) on a screen in the dugout. It shouldn't be anymore complex than that.

Isn’t that what happened in the World Cup when everyone come away from the tournement saying it was a success and most people agreed it needed to be implemented. I’ve never wanted VAR but even I remember thinking it was pretty accurate and fair. Why have they deviated so far away from what was a relative success which just needed a few tweaks.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Isn’t that what happened in the World Cup when everyone come away from the tournement saying it was a success and most people agreed it needed to be implemented. I’ve never wanted VAR but even I remember thinking it was pretty accurate and fair. Why have they deviated so far away from what was a relative success which just needed a few tweaks.

I remember it being a disaster in the group stages then fifa using it much less in the knockout rounds.

At the time a lot of people criticised the use of the screens as they (rightly in my opinion) thought it slowed the process down even further for no real gain. This seems to have been forgotten.

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I remember it being a disaster in the group stages then fifa using it much less in the knockout rounds.

At the time a lot of people criticised the use of the screens as they (rightly in my opinion) thought it slowed the process down even further for no real gain. This seems to have been forgotten.

I remember not liking it and the time it took for the ref to go to the screens and watch being the main issue but the actual decision I don’t remember many being wrong.  It was more about the length of the stoppages and if they could improve that then I thought quite a few people started to grow on them

• Like 1

• K-Hod unpinned this topic
42 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I've been thinking about this more, and in reality why don't we do it? Take out the entire Riverside for a bank of boxes. We really don't need the seats.... I think it could be pretty cool.

We don't need the boxes. 

Seats in the Riverside, particularly those near the half way line, should be premium seats and the most sought after in the stadium.

Sadly because of obstructed views, lack of proper facilities and no shelter for the first 8-10 rows this takes out a huge chunk of seats that in a modern stand could be filled every week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I remember not liking it and the time it took for the ref to go to the screens and watch being the main issue but the actual decision I don’t remember many being wrong.  It was more about the length of the stoppages and if they could improve that then I thought quite a few people started to grow on them

The length of time was my main gripe at the time and still is really. Makes football a less enjoyable to watch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I've been thinking about this more, and in reality why don't we do it? Take out the entire Riverside for a bank of boxes. We really don't need the seats.... I think it could be pretty cool.

Having been to a Boca Jnrs game there I agree, the noise just bounced straight back off it.

On 23/02/2020 at 12:10, OldEwoodBlue said:

You might not know but the track is just the other side of the river. It could be done quickly with the will and the investment. 

And for many of us, it was our route down from The Manxman down to the ground.

I recall reading about plans for building an Ewood Halt - my name for the station, not what was in the paper - in the Lancashire Telegraph on the train going up to the EUFA Cup game at Celtic.

And still it's being talked about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

A great chairman is at least as important as a great manager.

I guess that was my point.

The club has a planned strategy and direction and different managers are selected along the way to contribute-without changing that direction.

Elsewhere, any managerial change can mean an overhaul/start again syndrome..

• Like 1